- Starring: Anna Faris, French Stewart, Mimi Kennedy
- Summary: The latest sitcom from Chuck Lorre stars Anna Faris as a newly sober single mother who works as a waitress in Napa Valley but whose life is complicated further by the return of her estranged mother (Allison Janney), herself a recovering alcoholic.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Creator: Chuck Lorre, Eddie Gorodetsky, Gemma Baker
- Show Type: Between Seasons
- Season 1 premiere date: Sep 23, 2013
- Episode Length: 30
- Air Time: 08:30 PM
- More Details and Credits »
Nov 25, 2013Mom is an incredibly insightful joke machine. And the cast is absurdly funny. Faris and Janney are the emotional and hilarious center of the cast, but there are so many well fleshed out and funny characters as well. The chef with his deadpan and his cook, the couple of friends in recovery (Octavia Spencer among them), Justin Long, the kids in the show. After 8 episodes the show keeps getting better and better. That such a show will indulge in a life in recovery, and to be done in such a watchable way, is truly a first for American TV. I have personally been in the rooms and I can relate to it, despite the farcical undertones. I don't like Chuck Lorre's products in general but with this one he has won me over. A female centric cast that runs away with the material and makes it their own...… Expand
Aug 8, 2014OK. This is the first time I am altering a previous review here on MC.
Because of Chuck Lorre and the actors involved in this show, I continued to record and watch it.
It got better. Much better.
I still think the actors are getting their legs, and the show is hitting important issues. I like that.
So Mom is back on my TiVo's ToDo list. And the important second-season is on the horizon. I'll be watching.....… Expand