• Network: TNT
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 4, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.7

1. Mar 13, 2013
    Monday Mornings is certainly watchable, but suffers several flaws. The M&M conferences might make for a nice gimmick to drive the show in theory, but in practice they are the show's weakest element. The show cannot keep pace with the precedent set in the pilot; as the episodes march onwards, the M&M conferences are less gritty, less tense, less interesting. They are a formality that isMonday Mornings is certainly watchable, but suffers several flaws. The M&M conferences might make for a nice gimmick to drive the show in theory, but in practice they are the show's weakest element. The show cannot keep pace with the precedent set in the pilot; as the episodes march onwards, the M&M conferences are less gritty, less tense, less interesting. They are a formality that is awkwardly shoehorned into every episode so that we can see a lot of dramatic close ups of the cast while Molina lectures them on the moral of the week. Watching Molina pour a glass of water in slow motion is not nearly as enthralling as Kelley imagines it to be. The patients every week consist of an awkward sideshow of pretentious, precocious nitwits who clumsily deliver the weekly moral without ever seeming authentic. The members of the cast do their best, to varying effect. Molina does his job expertly and Irving's performances, especially in the pilot, are enthralling. Bamber on the other hand never achieves credibility in his role, seeming more like a model from a shampoo AD who wandered confused onto a hospital set. The rest of the cast is certainly trying very hard to breathe life into their characters, and can't be held accountable for the poor writing that they have to work with. It isn't a terrible show, and the cast is worth watching, but the writing and pacing is not very impressive. Expand
  2. Feb 21, 2013
    This show is bad for many reasons. The main reason is the premise of the show is completely unbelievable. Surgeons are not going to let themselves be grilled in a condescending way in front of their peers nor would legal allow it. Next, the writing is awful. The story lines are just cheesy and unbelievable while trying to be sappy and dramatic. My wife and I said to each otherThis show is bad for many reasons. The main reason is the premise of the show is completely unbelievable. Surgeons are not going to let themselves be grilled in a condescending way in front of their peers nor would legal allow it. Next, the writing is awful. The story lines are just cheesy and unbelievable while trying to be sappy and dramatic. My wife and I said to each other throughout the first two episodes, "This is just stupid." There is maybe one character I like but the rest are either too one dimensional and type cast or unrealistic like the Asian character that speaks in broken English like he's Yoda.

The only good would be that some of the filming is artistic, but I'm not sure why. Overall, it's just a bad show.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    Are you kidding me? This series is bland and dry. The attempts at writing funny comments completely fails. There is nothing here that we haven't seen in past medical dramas. The dreaded meetings in room 311 don't really make this medical drama stand out from the rest, because in the end it's just the same thing. On another note, the characters are no different from the traditionalAre you kidding me? This series is bland and dry. The attempts at writing funny comments completely fails. There is nothing here that we haven't seen in past medical dramas. The dreaded meetings in room 311 don't really make this medical drama stand out from the rest, because in the end it's just the same thing. On another note, the characters are no different from the traditional characters of a medical drama. Unlike House, where we got Dr. Gregory House, a brilliant mind with a deep character. The characters here are sloppily written and not interesting at all. Expand
  4. Feb 13, 2013
    The only thing this show has got going for it is the beautiful cinematic way it was shot. Apart from that the plot is pretty dire and the characters are flat. There are some great actors but they cannot save this show. In my opinion nothing about this concept works as is and if they want to make it work they need to give us some characters we can care about.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Feb 8, 2013
    Most of Mornings is stock melodrama, and apart from Molina, not all that well acted. [18 Feb 2013, p.43]
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Feb 4, 2013
    There are few likable characters here, the centerpiece M&M meetings should be what sets the series apart but is actually bogging it down into nonsense.
    Not all the cases turn out badly, but enough do that the show takes on a rather grim formula.... That's a lot of talent to work with and the good news is that Monday Mornings shows signs of finding its voice by episode three.