Moonlight : Season 1

9.0

1. bonniem.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Pretty disappointed in it. I was hoping for something more edgy and less cheesy. I'll give it one more show before I decide to go elsewhere.
  2. LauraH
    Jan 15, 2008
    Ack! Drek! The plots make no sense. St.Johns' stdiously rugged rasp is annoying beyond words. There is a complete lack of chemistry between the vamp and his blond love interest. And they can't even make Jason Doehring interesting which is a sin and I frankly thought was impossible. Get this junk off the air and give us something decent!
  3. JamesN.
    Nov 5, 2007
    I've been watching Vamp shows for over two decades...this one won't make it. It's already given away most of it's secrets, and those that remain are pretty guessable. They should have made him older, and given a REAL reason for him to be trying to be 'good'...then they should have kept his 'secret' at least to the end of the first season!
  4. RobW.
    Oct 6, 2007
    O'Louglin is not at all charismatic and the dialogue is so bad it makes you cringe.
  5. DerekP.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Not very engaging. Pretty good special effects and cinematography.
  6. NatalieO
    Oct 8, 2007
    It is bad so very bad
  7. ShazuthD.
    Oct 5, 2007
    It's all been done before, but not always this badly. Don't waste your time; there are reruns of Fresh Prince running continuously somewhere.
  8. JohnC.
    Oct 5, 2007
    Meets of exceeds CBS DreckTM Specifications: Great looking cast. Check. Mise en scène straight from CSI TV family: Check. Requisite emo tune played over slow mo cuts and montage during final five minutes: Check. Script by committee: Check.
  9. JefW.
    Sep 30, 2007
    Much as it did with Jericho, CBS starts out with promising material but falls short due to poor execution, writing and delivery. Thank god NBC did not use the CBS playbook with Heroes.
    Oct 5, 2007
    Daytime soap level dialogue. Sub-CSI visuals. Very disappoining.
  11. ChristophG.
    Feb 26, 2009
    I really don't get it. What can anyone see in this show? This is just a sad Angel rip off, only without the fun and the excitement.
  12. Moira
    Nov 17, 2007
    It's Beauty and the Beast without Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton. I'm with the guy from the Seattle Post, this show just sucks.
  13. Joshua
    Oct 8, 2007
    And you thought "Forever Night" was bad? "Moonlight" plays like a Z-Grade horror/romance/soap opera with not even any redeeming T&A - a la "Baywatch Nights".
  14. janett.
    Sep 30, 2007
    Just awful. The only redeeming quality is Jason Dohring. Completely derivative of much better shows (Angel, Forever Knight).
  15. JP
    Oct 12, 2007
    Wow this is bad. I haven't been this embarrassed for a cast since Caddyshack 2. Everything that this show is missing can be seen on TNT everyday on a show call ANGEL. The lead cant hold a candle to David Boreanz and it takes it self too serious. I really hope they drop this show fast. Just Awful.
  16. LoriT.
    Sep 30, 2007
    I didn't even finish watching it because it was so cliched. It took the noir detective story and did absolutely nothing new with it. Very much with the melodrama, monologues, and staring off into the distance shots. (Along with the ripping off of Angel).
  17. AlexanderJ.
    Feb 6, 2008
    I had trouble deciding which was worse, the acting or the writing. At one point in watching I thought the show would be improved y replacing most of the actor
  18. D.S.
    Sep 29, 2007
    Worst thing I have EVER seen on television. I was looking forward to a decent vampire story, but this is awful. Awful.
  19. JosephJ
    Jun 15, 2009
    Ludicrous "Angel" knockoff with nothing going for it at all.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    [Mick and Beth's] across-the-decades bond, however, doesn't compensate for how pedestrian the initial story is -- playing like a conventional detective show, with Mick showcasing his otherworldly powers (strong, and very, very fast) only during a passable action sequence in the final act.
  2. The focus is on the dangerous and forbidden relationship between Mick and Beth and his efforts to keep his past a secret. Whether there's enough material there to knit together a series remains to be seen.
  3. Moonlight is just a weak, generic private-eye drama with a vampire story overlay.