Murder in the First : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 9, 2014
Season #: 1, 2, 3
6.6

1. Jul 20, 2014
    I love shows like Criminal Minds, Law & Order, NCIS and I was hoping to put this show in that category in my file cabinet. So far, I am leaning toward the kind-of-like level on this show. I do agree with Xyled777 that shows try to push the limits of nudity, so much so, that I am sick and tire of it. I would prefer they use the air time to work more on the case, than parading aroundI love shows like Criminal Minds, Law & Order, NCIS and I was hoping to put this show in that category in my file cabinet. So far, I am leaning toward the kind-of-like level on this show. I do agree with Xyled777 that shows try to push the limits of nudity, so much so, that I am sick and tire of it. I would prefer they use the air time to work more on the case, than parading around scantily clad. The concept of the show is not new or innovating, but it does keep you on your feet. Bring this show to a rousing finale and you will see these red ratings rise up into the green. Expand
  2. Jul 29, 2014
    Taye Diggs has never been better, but the entire cast shines.The plot takes some unexpected twists and thankfully does not fall into formulaic traps of a CSI or SVU. Much as we love those shows, who can't predict what will happen next.. Let's hope TNT renews this one.
  3. Aug 26, 2015
    I've been a Steven Bocho fan since Hill Street Blues but even I have to admit a lot of Steve's work leaned on melodrama and quirky characters. Murder In The First is his best work to date even topping the legendary NYPD Blue. The secret is in the ingredients. The cast is amazing. Taye Diggs and Kathleen Robertson hit just the right notes. No over the top histrionics. Just good oleI've been a Steven Bocho fan since Hill Street Blues but even I have to admit a lot of Steve's work leaned on melodrama and quirky characters. Murder In The First is his best work to date even topping the legendary NYPD Blue. The secret is in the ingredients. The cast is amazing. Taye Diggs and Kathleen Robertson hit just the right notes. No over the top histrionics. Just good ole fashioned police work with all the frustration and sadness that comes along with it. Every episode takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotions. I don't know if it's ground breaking television given the recent slate of epic shows presented to viewers but it's certainly engaging television. Well done Mr Bochco. Expand
  4. Jun 12, 2014
    A compelling and intriguing crime thriller with very layered lead characters. Taye Diggs gives it his all, in some of his best acting yet. Very reminiscent of the similar '90s Steven Bochco legal thriller, 'MURDER ONE'.
  5. Jul 1, 2014
    Enjoying this show so far. While it's nothing new or notable as far as crime dramas go, the characters, both protagonists and antagonists, are becoming well fleshed out and compelling to watch. I enjoy the fact that it's paced as a serial rather than a procedural and that we truly get to see the ins and outs of these characters as they go through the motions of solving and eventuallyEnjoying this show so far. While it's nothing new or notable as far as crime dramas go, the characters, both protagonists and antagonists, are becoming well fleshed out and compelling to watch. I enjoy the fact that it's paced as a serial rather than a procedural and that we truly get to see the ins and outs of these characters as they go through the motions of solving and eventually prosecuting this crime. Expand
  6. Jul 14, 2014
    I like this show. The two lead actors have a great chemistry and it results in an interesting show. Although I generally dislike these "series" shows, this one has been holding my interest. Just sayin.
  7. Sep 3, 2014
    not too many shows I get interested in, but this is one I really enjoyed. Taye Diggs is an good actor. I think the show was a nice change from the rest of the police series.

1. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    Jun 11, 2014
    That no one acts in a manner remotely plausible during Murder in the First, regarding either the law or human life, will have viewers feeling like they're just being moved through the system.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Jun 9, 2014
    Bochco and his team of writers find more character depth than we commonly see on TNT & USA programming, which is nice, but the show does feel a little flatter and more predictable than fans of Bochco’s best shows may expect. The mystery may be dull but the cast finds a way to elevate it.
  3. Reviewed by: Jeff Korbelik
    Jun 9, 2014
    This is just a straightforward whodunit--a summer escape.