My Boys : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
7.7

1. JohnM
    Dec 30, 2006
    I only watched the show because my wife thought the ads looked interesting. The first 10 minutes consisted of a set-up/punchline round-robin among the ensemble cast. The jokes were tired, weak, and sit-com cliched. We get it, we've seen it before a million times; supposedly ultra-clever characters aiming stinging barbs at each other. Although my wife will watch just about anything, I only watched the show because my wife thought the ads looked interesting. The first 10 minutes consisted of a set-up/punchline round-robin among the ensemble cast. The jokes were tired, weak, and sit-com cliched. We get it, we've seen it before a million times; supposedly ultra-clever characters aiming stinging barbs at each other. Although my wife will watch just about anything, even she decided this show was just too embarrassing to continue viewing. Maybe the show will get better as the viewer discovers the characters, but honestly those first 10 minutes were so bad that the thought of giving it another try just seems foolish. Expand
  2. DrewM.
    Mar 9, 2009
    This has to be the STUPIDEST show ever invented!! It's nothing more than a stupid,slutty-assed hoe who can get a man of her OWN,so she has to slut it up with her ugly assed MALE friends cuz she has trouble keepin a guy of her OWN!! Gee,wonder why that IS? Couldn't possibly be due to her flirting slutty ass being around her MEN friends 24/7 huh??
    Nov 29, 2006
    Wasn't what I expected, no real humor. She acts like its some sort of "I never had a date before" mixed with "I'm easy", doesn't follow common sense. If I want to see a bunch of people sitting around drinking and no humor, I can watch Cheers and turn the volume off. I give this less than one season.
  4. Kishore
    Dec 14, 2006
    Is it a comedy? Drama? What the hell is it? There is absolutely no humor in it. It does fit into a repeatable, random, anytime viewable comedy.
  5. lawS
    Dec 31, 2006
    It's okay, but it could be great. Why not focus on why PJ prefers to hang with guys instead of girls? Examine the comforts of guydom versus the pettiness of girldom. Instead, they went for another crappy "relationship" comedy show. Why bother?
  6. MichaelH
    Dec 19, 2006
    Way too "written" to try to be the "it show" - she tries too hard to be a guy - and then gets cute - it just doesn't work - she is NOT one of the guys - we need a real "guys show" in response to Sex In The City - what real guys talk about - even us OLDER GUYS, giving our take on society and this type of contrived nonsense that TBS is telling us is so great - it is not so great - 6 Way too "written" to try to be the "it show" - she tries too hard to be a guy - and then gets cute - it just doesn't work - she is NOT one of the guys - we need a real "guys show" in response to Sex In The City - what real guys talk about - even us OLDER GUYS, giving our take on society and this type of contrived nonsense that TBS is telling us is so great - it is not so great - 6 Feet Under is great - Northern Exposure was great - My Boys is mediocre and makes me cringe. Collapse

1. The goofy affection of her poker buddies is fun, and the writers steer through some pretty well-mined territory with aplomb.
  2. Thomas earns high marks for coming up with appealing characters who are as comfortable as old cardigans.
    My Boys has easygoing charm and does feel like the amiably shaggy, hit-and-miss basic-cable cousin of a glossy network one-liner factory, its lack of laugh-out-loud moments not so much indicating system failure, but suggesting a game plan that aims for calmly assembling a group of occasionally witty characters and hoping you find them likable.