• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2010
  • Season #: 1
5.2

1. Sep 24, 2010
    I've watched it while doing other stuff (too much to watch and too much to do !) and if it was really good I will have really watched it but it wasn't that at all. I was really bored by this show even if I thought the idea was really interesting and made me think of what I was doing in 2000. And this comparison between the characters in 2000 and what they are know is quite a good idea andI've watched it while doing other stuff (too much to watch and too much to do !) and if it was really good I will have really watched it but it wasn't that at all. I was really bored by this show even if I thought the idea was really interesting and made me think of what I was doing in 2000. And this comparison between the characters in 2000 and what they are know is quite a good idea and they use some dates that were a turning point of their life. On the paper this show could be really good with the documentary like filming and all but in reality it is a disappointment. Expand
  2. Sep 24, 2010
    This show was great! Great concept, grea acting, and overall great. This show is an amazing "where are the now" sort of thing, that is so realistic. A perfect show, and one of the best of the season, for sure.
  3. Sep 24, 2010
    I loved this show, especially Keir O'Donnell as "Kenny"...nothing superficial about that portrayal! I watched the Twitter feeds during the show and they were overwhelmingly positive. Another case proving that mainstream critics' opinions aren't predictive of viewers'.
  4. Sep 25, 2010
    A really interesting concept. i found this show to be extremely entertaining. it has 'Likeable' characters, that we can ALL relate to. i will be sticking around around for the rest of the season.
  5. Sep 26, 2010
    Watch this one quick because this is going to get cancelled quick. The documentary style is plodding and slow, you can see plot twists coming a mile away, and some of the acting is really sophomoric. Not of the characters are particularly appealing or unique, though all are stereotypical. Maybe if this were a 30-minute show it might have a chance, but that sound you hear about theWatch this one quick because this is going to get cancelled quick. The documentary style is plodding and slow, you can see plot twists coming a mile away, and some of the acting is really sophomoric. Not of the characters are particularly appealing or unique, though all are stereotypical. Maybe if this were a 30-minute show it might have a chance, but that sound you hear about the 20-minute mark is viewers turning to another channel. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Rachel Michaels
    By the end of The Breakfast Club, the kids have learned that each of them is not solely a Brain, a Princess, a Criminal, a Basket Case, or an Athlete, but individuals who defy categorization. If only the characters in My Generation--and its dwindling viewers--were afforded the same opportunity.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The documentary device is often stifling to and distracting from the drama, and using labels as shorthand to introduce the characters makes them feel even more one-dimensional--a device that's acceptable in reality TV, perhaps, but potentially fatal to scripted fare.
  3. My Generation is based on a Swedish series, "On God's Highway." Dramatic storytelling seems to have veered off the road and crashed into a tree.