• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 13, 2008
  • Season #: 1
8.9

1. Dec 14, 2010
    Christian Slater delivers a brilliant performance portraying two characters who are a split personality. They are the same man but different to one another, so there are parallels between the characters which makes for a difficult job for the actor who somehow makes this look easy. One of the supporting cast has the same job to do; two connected characters in one man and unfortunately doesn't pull it off. one character is complete while the other is too emotionally dead and without personality. It's only toward the very last two episodes that he begins to 3 dimensionalize the spy character. Sadly, this is another brilliant series that has been cancelled. I am beginning to get annoyed with the networks lack of follow through. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Slater plays out spy-story clich├ęs that were campy on "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." 40 years ago.
  2. My Own Worst Enemy holds our interest despite its utter preposterousness because if there is anything Slater knows how to do, it's present a believable head case.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The pilot gingerly lays out most of the elements My Own Worst Enemy will need to survive--leaving it to the show to either make its strange case or live down to its name.