• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 15, 2012
  • Season #: 1
5.3

1. Jan 16, 2012
    Loved it! I thought they kept the spirit of the nerd-who-thinks-he's great alive, and it was loaded with funny jokes. I wasn't sure how they were going to pull it off since the movie is really slow paced which is fine in film but not so great in animation. Overall I was happy to hear all the voices I loved in the movie again, and I could see how this could totally be a Fox show. I'd definitely watch. The second show was different than the first. Sweeter. I'm totally psyched to see it every week. I can already see the T-shirts: You Do You Die. Taking Care of Pizza, How Many Hawks Do You Own? We had a blast. Expand
  2. Jan 16, 2012
    We thought this was really great. It reminded me of early Simpsons-style humor with the Napoleon Dynamite characters. The Chuck E Cheese band in the first episode had us laughing out loud! I also love Seth Macfarlane (especially Family Guy), but I'm glad to see something a little different.
  3. Jan 22, 2012
    A very pleasant surprise, as many, I was a pretty big fan of the movie so why not give this a shot? Picks up right where the movie left off, some jokes are directly from the movie but many are fresh and clever. I haven't laughed this hard on a Sunday night in a long time (offense taken: Simpsons, Family Guy). Hope this doesn't get cut, give it a chance, very, very funny indeed.
  4. Jan 16, 2012
    Fantastic. Just like the movie, you either love it or hate it, and I have to say that I loved it! There are already so many quotable quotes, and we've only had 2 episodes! I hope this series goes on for many seasons. 10/10
  5. Jan 23, 2012
    I loved it, I like how it features satire, blue comedy, and the sitcom format. Te animation was great, i was pretty entertained from beginning to start and laughed pretty hard. I honestly prefer this way more than family guy and NPD is 2nd to the Simpsons.
  6. Jan 20, 2012
    Napoleon Dynamite hit all the right notes in this new animated series. I laughed out loud many many times. The cast is back and is just as solid as in the motion picture. If you want to enjoy a great show with friends, pick Napoleon Dynamite. The writing is stellar and everyone should experience this show! Lucky!
  7. Jun 11, 2012
    i loved this show which actually got me to watch the movie usually shows dont make me laugh as much a this show. im really looking forward to season 2 the only complaint i have i that there was only 6 episodes

1. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Jan 17, 2012
    While animation liberates Napoleon and his world from the usual physical restrictions, it somehow lessens the overall appeal of the character and setting.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Jan 17, 2012
    If you were reduced to hysterical laughter by the concept of herbal breast-enlargement cream in the film, you will likely be so again by the superpower-conveying acne medicine in the TV show. If not, well, welcome to Normal Town.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jan 17, 2012
    Other than re-living some of Napoleon's favorite catchphrases from the 2004 movie, there's not much enjoyment to be gleaned from this obvious, unfunny episode.