• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.2

1. Oct 11, 2012
    This is so far my favorite new show of the year. The writing is good and the acting is incredible. That is what happens when you hire talented people like Connie Britton as opposed to Tracy Spiridakos (who plays Charlie in Revolution). The pilot laid out all the different story lines we would be seeing through out the season which proves they have an actual idea of where to take the show. They are not just writing episode to episode. I would recommend watching it. Expand
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    The show is flat and sexless. It demands to be on a pay channel. ABC has this show on a short leash, and its the breed of show that can only thrive if you set it free.
  3. Nov 23, 2012
    I sincerely tried to watch this show. I watched the first show and was bored to tears. I tried the second episode and was so bored that I could not make it all the way through. It is a very nitch show and I am not part of that group. God Bless ya if you can sit through this hour of misery every week.
  4. Nov 21, 2013
    Connie Britton is an impressive actress who brought depth and credibility to her breakout role in Friday Night Lights. She gives this show her full effort, but unfortunately it’s not worthy of her considerable chops. It does underscore how even great performers can't save fundamentally rotten material. Ms. Britton seemed to confess in the NYTimes feature article on her not long ago that she took this part reluctantly. But a girl's gotta eat, and you can't blame her for giving this a go. But it's an embarrassment, a hokey, superficial soap opera aimed at the hormonal set and consisting of tiresome relationship musical chairs, predictable stereotypical plots and clichéd characters. The plot turns are obvious and creaky, bearing scant resemblance to anything real people actually do. In this it is most unlike Britton's previous series, which almost always felt like it was about real people. In fact, the one time that show strayed from its honest portrayal wa in season two when network interference pushed it in Nashville’s tawdry direction, veering from an intelligent program aimed at thinking adults to yet another teeny hookup show full of preposterous events, all designed to get the characters sleeping together in random sequence. Interestingly, Ms.Britton’s FNL character stayed largely above the ridiculous stuff, but she has not had as much luck rising above the muck in Nashville. FNL righted itself in the 3rd season and from there stayed on track, but Nashville is so far off track it's left the building, and it's not coming back. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 22, 2012
    Nashville is the best new show of the fall. [29 Oct 2012, p.37]
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Oct 11, 2012
    It's a sprawling story, held together with music--though unlike Glee or Smash, most of the songs are presented on this night in truncated bursts.... While that could mean trouble, set worries aside for one night, and simply enjoy the season's best, most enjoyable new hour.
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Oct 11, 2012
    Nashville feels fresh because it catches a different tone. The few ironic winks it makes do not disfigure its straight face for quality pulp, nor does the sincerity harden into hokum.