NCIS: Los Angeles : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
5.4

1. Jan 6, 2016
    This NCIS spin-off is better than the original series in all aspects. The actors are more fun to watch and sometimes a little bit over the edge, but this is what makes this show interesting in comparison to the original which I have stopped watching.
  2. Nov 17, 2015
    NCIS has a special place in my heart as it gets a 1 every time I just see a tidbit of the vapid shows. I always imagine to see that one special episode that warrants the fame.

NCIS is a soap for an audience that got bored with Dallas, Dynasty, As The World Turns and the like. Now you get the same but wrapped in a police story. It isn't that the actors are bad, they aren't. It isn't that the camera work is bad, it's is solid, but boring. It is just that they never bother with writing anything that remotely feels like a believable good story. They can't, because the series is formulaic script writing by the numbers.

In fact, given the amount of episodes you must haven seen it all before. It is why it is a soap: nothing ever happens or develops, soaps live in the perpetual now. Oh well, they might change a member of the cast, but don''t expect anything interesting to develop from that. We don't want to rock the boat, don't we?

The more famous actors in these series stand out because they are able to look into the camera with a meaningful gaze. Whatever that means nobody can tell, but it doesn't have to as long as it conveys the right feeling and it looks good.

A series full of pretty people, who look pretty, which is what they are hired for. Amazing no? Until the women get to be 40 or so, then they gets sidelined. Men might even last longer, but who wants to see middle-aged and old women in series?! Unless as interesting freaks? Who wants to see old people. Who wants to see sick people? Who wants to see ugly people? Fat people(unless to laugh at)? Real people? Who wants to see themselves?

Holds no candle to series like A touch of Frost or Hill Street Blues, but guess those are boring old series because they are closer to reality and deal with social issues like poverty, drugs and the roots of crime. Oh god.. not that! We just want to see pretty people capture pretty people! We just want to escape ourselves. Break your mirrors and watch NCIS.
    Good luck with that.
  3. Oct 18, 2013
    Marisol Nichols can't act worth a crap and the episode where she guest starred on NCIS Los Angeles was horrible. Bad episode all around, I hope I don't see anymore of these poorly written episodes.
  4. Mar 29, 2013
    I'm a big fan of most criminal procedural shows but I can't get into this at all, even though I've tried really hard to. I thought it'd get better after the first season but it hasn't. It's flat. The characters are uninspired and although I don't really dislike any of them, I can't say I like them either. I tolerate them. The whole show lacks depth, the story lines are predictable and failI'm a big fan of most criminal procedural shows but I can't get into this at all, even though I've tried really hard to. I thought it'd get better after the first season but it hasn't. It's flat. The characters are uninspired and although I don't really dislike any of them, I can't say I like them either. I tolerate them. The whole show lacks depth, the story lines are predictable and fail to get me invested. It's nothing like the original NCIS and it feels as though it was just given the NCIS title in order to gain viewers. The only good thing about this show is Hetty but she's only around for a couple of minutes an episode so it's not really worth it. Expand
  5. Mar 2, 2013
    It seems like a lot of people DON'T like this. I don't know why it has great actors and some people say the plots are uninteresting but i don't know why. It's a great crime show series.
  6. Jan 29, 2012
    NCIS Los Angeles - the best show on tv. I have been watching this since it started and it gets better every show. Really like Chris O'donnell as Callen and the other characters, Hetty, Sam and Kensi. Great show, lots of great action, has a great serious side but also has some really good laughs. Not like the original at all - even better.
  7. Jan 19, 2012
    Sucks, Sucks, Sucks--This is gonna be a tough one..The show has'nt got a single redeeming quality--not one..And the cast of characters--well, ya got that one right--Characters.. From the retired once "Tossed Midget Champion" in charge of the smoldering and mooding crew--to the smoldering and moody crew itself. Whoa baby, Who in the heck is writing the weekly scripts? Steven Hawkins?Sucks, Sucks, Sucks--This is gonna be a tough one..The show has'nt got a single redeeming quality--not one..And the cast of characters--well, ya got that one right--Characters.. From the retired once "Tossed Midget Champion" in charge of the smoldering and mooding crew--to the smoldering and moody crew itself. Whoa baby, Who in the heck is writing the weekly scripts? Steven Hawkins? Because the stuff is outta this world. If it was'nt for the Hot Girl with the envious rack and those hot cars, the show would have absolutely nothing worth viewing. Who could possibly be watching this mess? Not one of the characters is beleivable --OMG, the latest episode had what's his name having been a Romanian child immigrant. What? Are they sure this is the story line to pursue? How about a little realism here..Obviously the character could have been the long lost son of an IRA member who was tortured and killed in Belfast ( he looks Irish) When's the last time you saw a Romanian looking like him? Musta been around the same time as that Blonde Blue eyed Shirpa from Tibet ! I mean, c'mon Hollywood--is that the best ya got? Looks like the whole country along with our evening entertainment is headed the way of Washington---FLUSH TWICE ! Expand
  8. Jan 15, 2012
    after finishing the whole season, dont seem to get anything from the series; it is not as nice as CSI ( all of them NY, LV ) not as good as criminal minds nor the mentalist etc. the plot seem to be very forceful in terms of getting the clues and solving the crimes. the only thing worth watching are the action parts of the movie. plot-wise nothing to shout about at all. buck up!@
  9. Dec 1, 2011
    I think this show really isn't NCIS it's more just a cop show a few times they do some Navy stuff but not like the real NCIS which I love to watch. I wish they would make it better
  10. May 21, 2011
    i enjoy watching this show it provides some good suspenseful stories to keep viewers watching. the cast all perform there roles fine and the series also provides good backgrounds for all the characters to create a fan base. however this show does not provide the same drama as the original NCIS as this provides episodes revolving around undercover it needs to adapt more
  11. Apr 6, 2011
    This show is semi decent. All these characters are very boring and very original. Yes they all have a unique individualistic quirks about them and when you mash them up you get good character roles, but this has been done so many times. However, I do like the fact that it show patriotism and liberty. In the show these characters portray a type of liberty as in these characters areThis show is semi decent. All these characters are very boring and very original. Yes they all have a unique individualistic quirks about them and when you mash them up you get good character roles, but this has been done so many times. However, I do like the fact that it show patriotism and liberty. In the show these characters portray a type of liberty as in these characters are putting themselves in harms way and to get justice, and in a way defend this country that they love show much. This show has the potential to get better, but they have to tweak it to make the show original not just a spin-off but a spin-off and even more, and I think that it can happen. Expand
  12. Mar 2, 2011
    Dull story lines acted out as wooden as can be. None of the characters are interesting. I couldn't pay attention as there was nothing to pay attention to.
  13. Dec 25, 2010
    I love classic police series but this one gah, so incredibly boring, the character is so fake and no where. What the role of another character beside the main two lead and Lidia, the script is so lazily done and the plot is so predictable. I can't imagine how this show garnered a lot of viewers in US. For me, it just plain boring and flat.
  14. Nov 5, 2010
    I never really liked this show but for the second season i wanted to watch it and see if they improved anything from last season and sadly they did nothing that made me interest in it. I still HATE all of the characters.These people are the worst detective ever always blaming the victims until someone dies and then they start to think maybe he is innocent. Then with the last episodeI never really liked this show but for the second season i wanted to watch it and see if they improved anything from last season and sadly they did nothing that made me interest in it. I still HATE all of the characters.These people are the worst detective ever always blaming the victims until someone dies and then they start to think maybe he is innocent. Then with the last episode "Anonymous" i hate it when they do these type of things
    i just about had it im not wasting my time with this horrible excuse of a show. why is it that i can never find a good spin-off show
  15. Sep 29, 2010
    Its clear from the start that Belesario is not directing this series, and unfortunately it turned into just another boring CSI wannae with little character development, no humour, and quite a lot dumbing down. Take the first episode - "my cocaine is pure" says the drug dealer. What drug dealer says that? But no, we are so stupid we have to be told the white stuff in the suitcase isIts clear from the start that Belesario is not directing this series, and unfortunately it turned into just another boring CSI wannae with little character development, no humour, and quite a lot dumbing down. Take the first episode - "my cocaine is pure" says the drug dealer. What drug dealer says that? But no, we are so stupid we have to be told the white stuff in the suitcase is cocaine. The slick, snappy writing of the original series and the focus on team dynamcis and the relationships between the team members are no where to be seen, while the chemistry between the characters, apparent in the spin-off episodes but evaporating in a high-tech blaze by the first episode, leaves the two main characters playing their roles like straight men playing a gay crush in an amateur dramatics group. What a disappointment. Collapse
  16. ChristopherS.
    Oct 20, 2009
    Grotesquely bad.
  17. JamesG.
    Oct 18, 2009
    I thought it was good. While it does have room for improvement and the characters should flesh out a bit it was overall a light show good to watch.
  18. GeneR.
    Oct 18, 2009
    Just another boring cop Drama. CBS is trying to boast its the #1 new show, I'm calling BS!. I Love NCIS! Abby is the bomb, Gibs is way cool, and the sexual tension between Zeva and Tony rock. Ducky and McGee round out the main cast and are great support cast. The overal Chemistry is great. NCIS Los Angeles misses the mark on so many points! I've seen every episode so far but Just another boring cop Drama. CBS is trying to boast its the #1 new show, I'm calling BS!. I Love NCIS! Abby is the bomb, Gibs is way cool, and the sexual tension between Zeva and Tony rock. Ducky and McGee round out the main cast and are great support cast. The overal Chemistry is great. NCIS Los Angeles misses the mark on so many points! I've seen every episode so far but just about to give up on the show. Expand
  19. JoshH
    Oct 15, 2009
    It's already a few episodes in, yet, I just can't seem to get into it. I don't finish watching an episode looking forward to the next one, like I did for the original series. Just plain dislike this one.
  20. ScottW.
    Oct 14, 2009
    Rather lifeless spin-off of the original NCIS. NCIS: LA lacks good characters. I would have expected more from someone like Chris O'Donnell, although I don't know why. I only remember him as Robin. I think so far, the only actor that comes across as having some sort of realistic personality is Linda Hunt. The show seems to try too hard. I think it would have been better to spend Rather lifeless spin-off of the original NCIS. NCIS: LA lacks good characters. I would have expected more from someone like Chris O'Donnell, although I don't know why. I only remember him as Robin. I think so far, the only actor that comes across as having some sort of realistic personality is Linda Hunt. The show seems to try too hard. I think it would have been better to spend a lot more time in developing the characters in the beginning, at the risk of slowing the series down, and then moving onto the more serious stuff. I think NCIS: LA tries to jump in to the middle of the fray and expect viewers to catch up. Its ridiculous. I hope it gets its act together soon, or its one show I wouldn't mind seeing canceled. Expand
  21. EliasC
    Oct 13, 2009
    None of the charm, none of the fine acting, none of the believability. Better to let this die quickly before it contaminates the original NCIS series. In any case, shouldn't this more accurately be entitled NCIS: San Diego?
  22. RosemaryL
    Oct 13, 2009
    ODonnell & Cool J are starting to click as a team, and Hedy is a real pro who can fit into any ensemble. The rest of the cast is still trying too hard and the psychologist is just plain bad; a dumb extraneous role that makes no sense played by a not very good, not very attractive actor. Plots don't totally hang together. Plus the setting is just so... common. Hoping with time ODonnell & Cool J are starting to click as a team, and Hedy is a real pro who can fit into any ensemble. The rest of the cast is still trying too hard and the psychologist is just plain bad; a dumb extraneous role that makes no sense played by a not very good, not very attractive actor. Plots don't totally hang together. Plus the setting is just so... common. Hoping with time it'll improve. Expand
  23. MichaelH
    Oct 13, 2009
    I think Chris is a talented actor. I don't see that at all in this show. The chemistry between to guys who work together and have to rely on with their lives is totally absent. Most of their comments to one another seem fake or forced especially comments that are meant to be funny. The other characters as well just don't act their roles realistically, save Linda Hunt who is the I think Chris is a talented actor. I don't see that at all in this show. The chemistry between to guys who work together and have to rely on with their lives is totally absent. Most of their comments to one another seem fake or forced especially comments that are meant to be funny. The other characters as well just don't act their roles realistically, save Linda Hunt who is the only thing that makes the sub-moronic plots even somewhat plausible. Perhaps its not the actors fault at all. Perhaps its the writers who have wrote such terribly fictional cases that even the actors are having a hard time taking it seriously. If so it would explain the half-hearted execution of lines and humor. I want this show to work because I am a fan of NCIS. However, it needs to makes these changes quickly. I am losing hope that it will ever change its formula, and there are frankly better shows to watch. Expand
  24. LorenM
    Oct 12, 2009
    The original NCIS series was wonderful and new. This is just a spin-off from that which doesn't pursuede me to watch it. This show is good, but for those of you who watch every NCIS episode may find it redundant.
  25. CoryC.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Great actors, most already famous, with new faces and different positions. However the characters backgrounds aren't enough, the humor is rarely shown and when shown its not even that funny. Even most of the story line is hard to follow! They are great actors but, the writers could do better considering that they are professionals. One more thing is that the show, NCIS: LA, Great actors, most already famous, with new faces and different positions. However the characters backgrounds aren't enough, the humor is rarely shown and when shown its not even that funny. Even most of the story line is hard to follow! They are great actors but, the writers could do better considering that they are professionals. One more thing is that the show, NCIS: LA, doesn't have the same or even better warm feeling then its brotheren NCIS. Other than that the shows at least decent. Expand
  26. JoanN.
    Sep 26, 2009
    Good actors, but characters and plot uninteresting. Work place too dark and undefined. Not entertaining.
  27. NadiaL.
    Sep 25, 2009
    The cast and characters have me intrigued, I'll come back to see what happens. Hopefully the plots and writing will improve, which they normally do in time, so again, I'll stay tuned
  28. georgec.
    Sep 24, 2009
    The show is all flash and no substance, no core .Its such a blaitent rip off of NCIS and is full of has been celebs......except for Linda Hunt who must be forgiven for a real poor career choise.
  29. CujoD.
    Sep 23, 2009
    It was horribly boring, predictable, and lifeless. A waste of an hour of my life. I was having a difficult time staying awake.
  30. Deb
    Sep 23, 2009
    NCIS did not need a spin off. Tired plot, characters trying too hard to be believable. Insufficient explanation of where the woman head of the unit went from last season. Seems disjointed. Will be surprised if it lasts.
  31. Lorna
    Sep 23, 2009
    Doesn't resemble original at all. Too many main characters. Just another mundane cop show. Goofy.
  32. PaulH.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Excellent cop show, never be good as NCIS.. but i rate NCIS a 1210 .. has A LOT of potential... Glenn Garvin from Miami Herald is an idiot...
  33. MelissaW.
    Sep 23, 2009
    I turned it off half way through. I guess you have to have watched NCIS to know who the hell these people work for. The plot was so obvious. I tend to loose interest when I figure out what's going on before the characters in the show do. Chris O'Connel was the only actor worth a dang on the show. Will not watch again.
  34. LeeC.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Much better than last year introduction. Yeah Linda Hunt.
  35. JudyT
    Sep 22, 2009
    Just another average TV show. No imagination and generic characters. I don't suspect it will last long.
  36. JackB.
    Sep 22, 2009
    Bad copy of "Mission: Impossible" or "Charlie's Angels". No depth. Hack written.

1. The plot bats at logic like a cat toy, but the experience is still slickly entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    It's a Pre-Cambrian specimen that crept out of the primordial ooze of TV past, with a rhythm so profoundly familiar that if you happened to fall asleep during the first few minutes and woke up for the last, you'd be able to mentally reconstruct the entire program from scratch.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The series can at best be lauded for its efficiency and at worst be chided for resorting to the convenient fallback of Mexican drug lords as its initial heavies.