• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.8

1. Feb 7, 2012
    I love Fox Tuesday lineup with New Girl followed by Raising Hope. Back to back laugh out loud funny. Way to go Fox, I almost gave up on you after you cancelled Sarah Connors Chronicles.
  2. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. New Girl is a very very funny show. I find my self laughing out loud literally. The break-out star of the show is the character Schmidt played by Max Greenfield he keeps me laughing during the entire show. Also, like the chemistry between characters Nick and Jess. The character Winston is great also I want to see the writers give him more screen time. But over all a good solid show that should stay around very long Expand
  3. Jan 6, 2014
    This show is hilarious. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes comedies. Not only is it funny, it's heartwarming, and the characters are likable, and seem real. In a few days, I've already watched over 30 episodes. Watch this show!

Overall score: 95/100
  4. May 28, 2014
    New Girl is super funny, quirky, and laugh out loud hilarious! Each character has a unique personality and their interactions with one another are adorable. Zooey's acting really brings the show to life and she is perfect for the role of Jess. It is well-scripted and each episode highlights the different characters. I love New Girl because it listens to what the viewers want. There isNew Girl is super funny, quirky, and laugh out loud hilarious! Each character has a unique personality and their interactions with one another are adorable. Zooey's acting really brings the show to life and she is perfect for the role of Jess. It is well-scripted and each episode highlights the different characters. I love New Girl because it listens to what the viewers want. There is some offensive language but it only makes the show more up to date. New Girl has my vote and is definitely worth the watch! Expand
  5. Nov 10, 2014
    This amazingly funny show couldn't pull off such a feat if not for the roommates hilarious shenanigans and unquestionable chemistry. Sadly it got a bit rotten lately, but hopefully it'll recover.
  6. Nov 5, 2014
    This show is sooooo funny every time I am not watching it I want to watch it! The characters are hilarious and completely weird but that's what makes it irresistibly funny. Schmidt is probably one of the funniest characters I've ever seen on TV. I highly recommend watching this show!
  7. Dec 15, 2011
    This show is getting better every week since its debut. And when it is good, it is amazing, hilarious, well-acted and well written. The actor that plays Schmidt, Max Greenfield, is proving to be a break-out star. His scenes alone are worth watching the show for. The problem with the show is the cheesy tie-up scene that they always have at the end! Are these cheesy, "adorkable" scenesThis show is getting better every week since its debut. And when it is good, it is amazing, hilarious, well-acted and well written. The actor that plays Schmidt, Max Greenfield, is proving to be a break-out star. His scenes alone are worth watching the show for. The problem with the show is the cheesy tie-up scene that they always have at the end! Are these cheesy, "adorkable" scenes really necessary? The writers must think so, because week in and week out I am cringing at the ending of this show! Please, New Girl writers, get rid of these cheesy tie up scenes! Then the show would be perfect. Expand
  8. Sep 17, 2012
    A lot of the reviews of this show seem to hinge on where you stand in relation to Zooey Deschanel's unique brand of hipster adorability. Fans of Zooey either love the show because she's so cute in it, or hate the show because her interminable cuteness can't save it from banality. Those who can't stand Zooey Deschanel hate the show because they can't stand Zooey Deschanel. Before watchingA lot of the reviews of this show seem to hinge on where you stand in relation to Zooey Deschanel's unique brand of hipster adorability. Fans of Zooey either love the show because she's so cute in it, or hate the show because her interminable cuteness can't save it from banality. Those who can't stand Zooey Deschanel hate the show because they can't stand Zooey Deschanel. Before watching "New Girl" I was completely ambivalent to Zooey Deschanel, and I still am - this show is successful because of the chemistry between its ensemble cast including Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield and Lamorne Morris as new girl Jess's room-mates. These three provide the comedy, and Jess's adorkability is satirised rather than celebrated. Jake Johnson is hilarious and immensely likeable as Nick, the guy you laugh AT, not WITH; Lamorne Morris's Winston is witty, flawed and endearing, and Schmidt (Max Greenfield) is wickedly funny, a compelling blend of madness and mania: think Tom Cruise when he's jumping on couches or talking about Scientology. Jess is exactly what you expect her to be; an eccentric, creative, doe-eyed, hair-twirling ingénue whom the boys instinctively protect and nurture. Jess sort of mothers them in return, and there are some genuinely heart-warming moments among the four, five if you include the beautiful Hannah Simone as Jess's best friend Cecilia. I actually can't stand Zooey's haircut, and I wish she wouldn't wear so many tiny skirts and high-waisted shorts. I find some of her interactions too eccentric to be credible - at times she seems to go out of her way to be quirky and unconventional - but I did find myself liking Jess, largely because of the way she seemed to electrically charge the group dynamic. Regardless of how you feel about Zooey Deschanel, the best thing about this show is that it's funny. I haven't laughed out loud so much since Arrested Development, and I don't often laugh out loud watching sitcoms. But this is no standard sitcom rehash. It's witty, modern, sharply edited and well paced. It's quality comedy. At the very least, you can't not laugh at Schmidt. Expand
  9. Sep 24, 2011
    you've got to be kidding me. This show is hilarious and strongly character-driven by Zooey. I can't get enough of her quirkiness. After one episode I can tell something special is happening here....I can see Zooey ranked up there with strong female leads such as Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett, and their hasn't been any strong female leads since. Zooey is unstoppable and the 1st episodeyou've got to be kidding me. This show is hilarious and strongly character-driven by Zooey. I can't get enough of her quirkiness. After one episode I can tell something special is happening here....I can see Zooey ranked up there with strong female leads such as Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett, and their hasn't been any strong female leads since. Zooey is unstoppable and the 1st episode shows a huge range of comedy that i'm dying to see where she can take this. Expand
  10. Sep 20, 2011
    I have been looking forward to this show for quite some time. And I have to say - it did not disappoint. I enjoyed Zooey immensely, and her interaction with the guys in the cast. I also really enjoyed Hannah Simone's character, and they really underused her in the pilot episode. It has potential, and I'm intrigued to see where they will take it from here.
  11. Nov 5, 2011
    New Girl is one of the brightest spots on TV. Zooey Deschanel is utterly charming and completely irresistible! I've truly loved the episodes so far because of the writing, directing, editing, and wonderful supporting cast. Keep up the good work!
  12. Oct 25, 2011
    New Girl is a fresh comedy that focuses on the tragedy that is Jess. Jess a young teacher has a bad break up with her boyfriend and the show focuses on her trials and tribulations living with three new male room mates who all provide some great comedic relief. Something the show has done very well is provide a diverse cast who compliment each other well and makes for some great laughs andNew Girl is a fresh comedy that focuses on the tragedy that is Jess. Jess a young teacher has a bad break up with her boyfriend and the show focuses on her trials and tribulations living with three new male room mates who all provide some great comedic relief. Something the show has done very well is provide a diverse cast who compliment each other well and makes for some great laughs and a few of those awwwwwww moments. Though at times it can lack some substance and plot it is a great show that hopefully will run for a few seasons. Its a strong 8/10 and worth a watch this season. Expand
  13. Feb 9, 2012
    New girl is a show i look forward to watch every week. The characters, specially "Schmitt" are funny and interesting. I am also happy its not a typically (and boring) romance sitcom. This show makes me laugh a lot. I love Zooey and when her happy world collides with the real world view of the others. Its hilarious.
  14. Oct 1, 2011
    I only watched because I like Ms. Deschanel---rescue her from this inane unfunny mess! An unmitigated disaster on a par with the Titanic, the Hindenburg and BP oil spill.
  15. Sep 23, 2011
    Amazing Zoey , good story , funny and .......Amazing Zoey Amazing Zoey Amazing Zoey ! New girl will be one of the top show in this season . It could go long because it has really funny characters .
  16. Sep 24, 2011
    I found it really funny!! Dechanel IS INCREDIBLY FUNNY!! This goofie and innocent kind of comedy is the one that is ruling this days... No need to be dirty o unbelievably potty-mouthed!! And this has really good potential..!! I think this will go far...! I'm sure of it!
  17. Sep 25, 2011
    I'm not a hardcore Zooey fan but I love this show so far. Yes, she is super dorky in this show but after a bit into the pilot it actually started to work. I was actually laughing out loud. The other characters add a nice balance and I'm looking forward to seeing more. I think those who weren't too keen on the pilot should give this show a couple more episodes before they quit it.
  18. Sep 27, 2011
    Probably the best new comedy pilot of the season, I like the concept, the leads do a good job and the jokes actually had me laughing! I am definitely rooting for this sitcom!
  19. Sep 28, 2011
    it's an ok show. sadly they replaced the black guy from the pilot, who pretty much owned the scene. but its one of the few 30min shows without stupid background laughter like in every other sitcom. also they picked really beautiful girls, not just zooey
  20. Sep 30, 2011
    Not as good as Raising Hope (which it airs immediately before) or Parks and Recreation (the best show on TV) but it is miles than Glee (which it airs immediately after) and is probably the best new show of the season. Zooey Deschanel is adorable.
  21. Oct 2, 2011
    I haven't been this satisfied and entertained by a sitcom in a long time. Its so original and hilarious and well-written, I have watched the pilot episode 4 times and I am still noticing new jokes and am not sick of it. I didn't really like how they wrote Coach's character out on the second episode, but I realize the actor is probably busy filming Happy Endings, I just hope they developI haven't been this satisfied and entertained by a sitcom in a long time. Its so original and hilarious and well-written, I have watched the pilot episode 4 times and I am still noticing new jokes and am not sick of it. I didn't really like how they wrote Coach's character out on the second episode, but I realize the actor is probably busy filming Happy Endings, I just hope they develop the actor who replaced him better (though I am SO glad they replaced him with a new character, not just used the same character and cast a new actor, but they totally could have with how alike they are). I've seen Zooey in a few things, and I am so glad she is finally starring in her own show, she is so charming and funny, she can really carry the show well. It's about a girl who is going through a breakup and a big change in her life, she's the new girl, so of course its not going to be just basically a show like Curb Your Enthusiasm, where you are basically taking the actor and their real life selves and pasting them into situations. Jess is a character, a funny and original one at that. And I loved some of the supporting characters as well, especially the d-bag Schmidt. Its a person everyone knows, but they are dealing with the character in a fresh and entertaining way. I am so excited to see new episodes, I really look forward to it each week. Expand
  22. Sep 8, 2012
    Deschanel's new show is a hit! The interaction among the cast is what makes this comedy so attractive since it premiered. Love the show, love the cheesy moments, love the guys and, of course, love Zoey's Jess Day, an awkward teacher and her irreverent personality which, I think, creates the show's adorable and hilarious atmosphere.
  23. Sep 22, 2011
    As a single het guy who lived with two single het women, platonically, as roommates for three years, I have to say the female character on this show probably has a better deal than I had. It's a great learning experience, and if the show can resist making two of the primary characters hook up, then there are a good many situational opportunities for comedy. I repeat, the secret to thisAs a single het guy who lived with two single het women, platonically, as roommates for three years, I have to say the female character on this show probably has a better deal than I had. It's a great learning experience, and if the show can resist making two of the primary characters hook up, then there are a good many situational opportunities for comedy. I repeat, the secret to this show staying fresh is to not have her fall in love with any of her roommates. As soon as the writers break that rule, the show will get predictable. Also, don't dumb down the male characters, smart men are funny.
    A tentative 6/10 because I'm hoping the arc is on an upward trajectory.
  24. Jul 2, 2012
    All the talk about this show always is about Deschanels, but the truth is her character has more of a supporting role. The real main character is Nick, and Jess (Deschanels) is more like the goofy roomate. It's a pretty standard sitcom, minus the fake laughs (which is a good thing). The happy endings are sometimes forced, and it's not always hilarious, but you always have a smile. Not aAll the talk about this show always is about Deschanels, but the truth is her character has more of a supporting role. The real main character is Nick, and Jess (Deschanels) is more like the goofy roomate. It's a pretty standard sitcom, minus the fake laughs (which is a good thing). The happy endings are sometimes forced, and it's not always hilarious, but you always have a smile. Not a great show, but it's ok. Expand
  25. Sep 24, 2011
    ya i agree with both the low raters.I am a Zooey maniac,but only Zooey cant really pull off such bad writing.But the most important point is zooeys increased quirkiness and cuteness,she is great in the show!coach is pretty decent,but the other two arent much close to funny.Also,it just follows in line with other sitcoms too much.The story is weak and i dont get why men will hateya i agree with both the low raters.I am a Zooey maniac,but only Zooey cant really pull off such bad writing.But the most important point is zooeys increased quirkiness and cuteness,she is great in the show!coach is pretty decent,but the other two arent much close to funny.Also,it just follows in line with other sitcoms too much.The story is weak and i dont get why men will hate Zooey(maybe 500 days of summer got me too prejudiced).But lets however give the show some time its just the first episode people. Collapse
  26. Mar 2, 2012
    I don't know if 7 is too low but I know I could never rate it lower. I would've given it a 7.5 but you can't really do that. This show is good, not great, despite my rating. I cannot imagine not watching the show, but at the same time it is not the most original show I've ever watched. Schmidt and Jess are the funniest characters in the show and motivate me to tune in every week. This showI don't know if 7 is too low but I know I could never rate it lower. I would've given it a 7.5 but you can't really do that. This show is good, not great, despite my rating. I cannot imagine not watching the show, but at the same time it is not the most original show I've ever watched. Schmidt and Jess are the funniest characters in the show and motivate me to tune in every week. This show is not original, but its light-hearted, will make the viewer chuckle, and its cute and quirky. No real complaints other than hope for it to develop a lot more in terms of story, characters, originality and maybe even humour. It has potential to be a great show, and I look forward to more episodes. Expand
  27. Feb 11, 2012
    The cast are genuinely charming and the scripts are genuinely funny. Although the constant attempts to make the male trio seem jovial and laddish start to grate fairly quickly, this is enjoyable and fresh.
  28. jrb
    Feb 28, 2012
    Excellent writing, quirky, extremely likable characters all add up to a hit led by the talented Zooey. Would any of them survive without the others? I think not. I can see this show being watched in syndication 10-15 years from now and still getting a following. The casts' nerdiness, fragility, and vulnerability and their refusal to admit to it is what makes their story so successful. IExcellent writing, quirky, extremely likable characters all add up to a hit led by the talented Zooey. Would any of them survive without the others? I think not. I can see this show being watched in syndication 10-15 years from now and still getting a following. The casts' nerdiness, fragility, and vulnerability and their refusal to admit to it is what makes their story so successful. I look forward to each episode and identify a bit with each. JRB Expand
  29. Feb 26, 2012
    This is one of my favourite new TV series. If you like 30 Rock then you'll love New Girl. The show is witty and fast paced, filled with many short punchy silly jokes.
  30. Mar 2, 2012
    This show is great! The quirky humor throws so many creative curve balls that it just has us bent over laughing. And Zooey Deschanel is just so darned cute!

1. Reviewed by: Phillip Maciak
    Oct 31, 2011
    Despite growing out of a plot conceit that involves Craigslist, New Girl--from its characters to the Felix the Cat-like predicaments in which they land--doesn't seem rooted in reality of any kind.
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 28, 2011
    This fall sitcom is a hit entirely because of Deschanel's performance as Jess. [7 Nov 2011, p.41]
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson