Nikita : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 9, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
7.5

1. Sep 10, 2010
    It was nice to see Nikita, Michael, Birkoff, Amanda (Madeline 2.0), the underground complex and the rest of spy/assassin paraphernalia once again, but the pilot was more than a bit underwhelming. I could somehow tolerate the usual casting of only unnaturally beautiful people but the idea to have Nikita as an outsider openly fighting against her amoral organisation as and foiling theirIt was nice to see Nikita, Michael, Birkoff, Amanda (Madeline 2.0), the underground complex and the rest of spy/assassin paraphernalia once again, but the pilot was more than a bit underwhelming. I could somehow tolerate the usual casting of only unnaturally beautiful people but the idea to have Nikita as an outsider openly fighting against her amoral organisation as and foiling their plans is to miss the point completely. Nikita is meant to struggle, fail, suffer but never give up trying, ie. to be human even as a part of a dehumanizing machine. This way she is more like every other TV hero from Jack Bauer to Sydney Bristow. Let's hope they ditch the tiresome moralising and Fighting-for-Our Country crap and get into "La Femme Nikita" style ludicrousness with levels, Oversights, Towers, Adrians, rampant AIs, child telepaths, multilayered power-plays for world domination and quadruple crosses. You know, all-in silliness. With cool assassinations. And crying while listening to French soft pop. Expand
  2. Sep 10, 2010
    I'm inclined to agree with Slate's review. I also thought the pilot episode was characterized by a weak script and a frantic effort to establish the backgrounds of all the principal players ASAP. The ambivalent relationship between Nikita and her former mentor and now pursuer is ludicrous.
  3. Sep 16, 2010
    Nothing new, nothing awesome, but still a perfectly enjoyable show. I enjoy the plot lines and the action, but it's nothing too substantial. I wish Nikita was more of a complex character, not written as any other generic female assassin. The characters and backstories create an interesting structure, but it's starting to be cliche with the whole Michael/Nikita relationship. Right now, thisNothing new, nothing awesome, but still a perfectly enjoyable show. I enjoy the plot lines and the action, but it's nothing too substantial. I wish Nikita was more of a complex character, not written as any other generic female assassin. The characters and backstories create an interesting structure, but it's starting to be cliche with the whole Michael/Nikita relationship. Right now, this series only has potential. In later seasons, it can be potentially good or potentially bad. In my opinion, character development is essential for the future of this series. Nikita needs to be more unique, and Michael just needs to be totally rewritten to give him some depth. As of right now, I enjoy the show, but I don't think it's going to have a big life span if it follows its current direction. Expand
  4. Sep 28, 2010
    Show has been amazingly average, compared to the Showtime original. Michael lacks any depth, and Nikita is only slightly better. Birchoff lacks the humor of the original series. La Femme Nikita originally was great escapism and had palpable (and a foretelling, in hindsight) storyline. Nikita unfortunately lacks either at the moment.
  5. Sep 21, 2010
    http://tvtastic.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/nikita-the-cw-thursday-900-p-m/ This is the second attempt by American television to bring the French film La Femme Nikita (which was turned into the 1993 American film, Point of No Return starring Bridget Fonda) to the small screen and it is the most ambitious and best written and performed yet. That doesn't mean that it's great or that I love it.http://tvtastic.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/nikita-the-cw-thursday-900-p-m/ This is the second attempt by American television to bring the French film La Femme Nikita (which was turned into the 1993 American film, Point of No Return starring Bridget Fonda) to the small screen and it is the most ambitious and best written and performed yet. That doesn't mean that it's great or that I love it.

This is a pretty short review because there's not much to say about it. The premise is exactly what the show description says it is and Maggie Q brings sexy to a whole new level here and the violence and action is on par with the best of any action show of the last decade.

The plot is pretty compelling, if not that original but the supporting cast is doing nothing for this show except for Nikita's protegé Alex who is a plant in Division to bring it down. The only problem with Alex is the ridiculously convoluted way that she was able to infiltrate Division to begin with.

It's very well shot and is pretty visually stunning and I'm actually pretty impressed with the music arrangement.

At the end of the day, it's a decent show but I'm not sure how much patience audiences will have for it but I expect to personally give it until at least mid-season.

6. Sep 13, 2010
    Meh, the season premiere was ok but its no Alias. It may develop further in the season but they need to give us characters we actually care about. All the kung fu and guns is pretty meaninless without strong characters.
  7. Sep 18, 2010
    The pilot episode left me thinking as to whether this show can really keep up or has the potential to stay or go . Judging by the performances, I say it's a long shot . I seemed more interested at staring at young Lyndsey Fonseca & the ever-stunning drop-dead-gorgeous Maggie Q who looks perfect for the " Nikita " role . The writing could be better & not to mention character development asThe pilot episode left me thinking as to whether this show can really keep up or has the potential to stay or go . Judging by the performances, I say it's a long shot . I seemed more interested at staring at young Lyndsey Fonseca & the ever-stunning drop-dead-gorgeous Maggie Q who looks perfect for the " Nikita " role . The writing could be better & not to mention character development as well as both are essential for this show to get better received & improve on ratings . Expand
  8. Sep 13, 2010
    This show didn't catch my attention and I failed to watch the entire episode. I can't say if it's because it's a bad show. I have watched it because of all the talking around it but I know that I'm not a huge fan of that kind of show. So maybe it's not that bad and this show deserves better than a 4 but for me, according to my tastes in tv, it doesn't worth better than 4. But maybe I willThis show didn't catch my attention and I failed to watch the entire episode. I can't say if it's because it's a bad show. I have watched it because of all the talking around it but I know that I'm not a huge fan of that kind of show. So maybe it's not that bad and this show deserves better than a 4 but for me, according to my tastes in tv, it doesn't worth better than 4. But maybe I will change my mind because sometimes you need to watch several episodes to be addicted to a show.... so we'll wait and see... Expand

The CW remake isn't awful, by any means. The pilot rushes ahead nicely, with a twist at the end that gestures toward many possible future plotlines. But we've seen the whole thing many times before.
  2. Nikita is a breakthrough for teen-happy CW, its riskiest show yet--one aimed at adults. It's one they might enjoy.
    Putting aside for a moment questions about whether it signifies the imminent collapse of Western civilization and even the human reproductive impulse, this version of Nikita can still provide a rollicking, if slightly psychotic, good time.