• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 9, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.4

1. Sep 19, 2010
    i mean COME ON! this is formulaic drivel of the highest order and im sick of people saying "it's an easy watch and i just need to relax when i get home blah blah blah" this is absolute crap! This follows the same old play, purpose built off the production line to fog our brains and turn us all into happy apathetic drones. They roll 'em out year on year for our amusement - GIVE US SOMETHINGi mean COME ON! this is formulaic drivel of the highest order and im sick of people saying "it's an easy watch and i just need to relax when i get home blah blah blah" this is absolute crap! This follows the same old play, purpose built off the production line to fog our brains and turn us all into happy apathetic drones. They roll 'em out year on year for our amusement - GIVE US SOMETHING NEW EXITING AND THOUGHT PROVOKING!! Rubicon sits on the face of Nikita! Expand
  2. Sep 13, 2010
    Meh, the season premiere was ok but its no Alias. It may develop further in the season but they need to give us characters we actually care about. All the kung fu and guns is pretty meaninless without strong characters.
  3. Sep 15, 2010
    This is just plain bad. All the usual lazy clichés and conventions of this type of program. Nothing new , no new twist or angle. Still reading so many positive reviews of such an obviously bad program is a good way of figuring out, whose opinions not to listen to.
  4. Sep 13, 2010
    This show didn't catch my attention and I failed to watch the entire episode. I can't say if it's because it's a bad show. I have watched it because of all the talking around it but I know that I'm not a huge fan of that kind of show. So maybe it's not that bad and this show deserves better than a 4 but for me, according to my tastes in tv, it doesn't worth better than 4. But maybe I willThis show didn't catch my attention and I failed to watch the entire episode. I can't say if it's because it's a bad show. I have watched it because of all the talking around it but I know that I'm not a huge fan of that kind of show. So maybe it's not that bad and this show deserves better than a 4 but for me, according to my tastes in tv, it doesn't worth better than 4. But maybe I will change my mind because sometimes you need to watch several episodes to be addicted to a show.... so we'll wait and see... Expand
  5. Sep 11, 2010
    I want to go less than "0", but I can't. I have to say that at least she is trying, Maggie is trying, she does look like a skeleton out from a closet with a pretty face, does not convince me at all that she can actually hold a gun, or kick some big guy ass, but like I said she is trying. But Michael, oh my gosh... this guys is just awful... how is he acting at all, he talks to much for aI want to go less than "0", but I can't. I have to say that at least she is trying, Maggie is trying, she does look like a skeleton out from a closet with a pretty face, does not convince me at all that she can actually hold a gun, or kick some big guy ass, but like I said she is trying. But Michael, oh my gosh... this guys is just awful... how is he acting at all, he talks to much for a spy, he make so many awful expressions. They are supposed to be the best of the best, and they still get catch by surprise!! I miss so much Peta and Roy, she was gorgeous and in great shape, and Roy was a man you want to see on TV. This other guy is like that annoying dude you said hi as a courtesy and just keep talking... I just wanted to scream, shut up dude...please shut up...!! Hope does not get to far, and they actually create a good version of this popular series. Expand
  6. Mar 2, 2011
    I couldn't get the whole way through the pilot and had tuned in thinking I would like it. I run into it here and there but it just does not hold my interest.
  7. Nov 1, 2011
    This show is nothing more than Warner Brothers remake of the La Femme Nikita TV Show on Cable starring Peta Wilson and Roy Dupuis. If it wasn't they would not have used the characters Michael and Birkhoff who was killed off in our version of La Femme Nikita. Warner Brothers should be ashamed since they created both shows for abusing our version (LFN with Peta Wilson as Nikita). Yes CW isThis show is nothing more than Warner Brothers remake of the La Femme Nikita TV Show on Cable starring Peta Wilson and Roy Dupuis. If it wasn't they would not have used the characters Michael and Birkhoff who was killed off in our version of La Femme Nikita. Warner Brothers should be ashamed since they created both shows for abusing our version (LFN with Peta Wilson as Nikita). Yes CW is an off shoot of Warner Brothers Studios and yes Warner Brothers had something to do with bringing Nikita to TV. Nothing like Stabbing someone in the Back is there Warner Brothers. Expand
  8. Nov 1, 2011
    I care not to watch it and that is my choosing. No rating or actor/actress will have any influence on my view of this show...I just don't plain like it ok!
  9. Nov 25, 2011
    This show is just AWFUL!!!!!!!!! pathetic and booooooriiiiing. The lines, the wardrobe,..The cast !! is horrible, and the bad acting ...?!!! God!! they're imposible to watch. They look like children trying to imitate adults stuff. ( the adults would be the original LFN's cast.). So,please live this story alone! it was already beautifully and perfectly done.... don´t destroyThis show is just AWFUL!!!!!!!!! pathetic and booooooriiiiing. The lines, the wardrobe,..The cast !! is horrible, and the bad acting ...?!!! God!! they're imposible to watch. They look like children trying to imitate adults stuff. ( the adults would be the original LFN's cast.). So,please live this story alone! it was already beautifully and perfectly done.... don´t destroy it... Do something new, create...!! WB... be original and don´t be disrespectful with your own products. How you dare to do this with the original show, , LA FEMME NIKITA was an AMAZING series, ahead of its time where everything was perfect and was also precursor and an example and inspiration for many others shows... So why you do this, with this terrible new version??? Shame on you!! LFN is a cult series , should be respected and preserve as one!!! The new "thing " is just a joke. Expand
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    Meh, this series is a blatant rip off and insult to the original series (adapted from Besson's darn near incomparable Nikita) La Femme Nikita. LFN was ahead of the times in so many ways and one of the strong points of the series (aside from the insanely good acting, music!!!, deliciously gorgeous clothes, and awesome location sets) was the relationship between Michael and Nikita. LFN tookMeh, this series is a blatant rip off and insult to the original series (adapted from Besson's darn near incomparable Nikita) La Femme Nikita. LFN was ahead of the times in so many ways and one of the strong points of the series (aside from the insanely good acting, music!!!, deliciously gorgeous clothes, and awesome location sets) was the relationship between Michael and Nikita. LFN took Besson's 'Bob' and made him uber cool and collected, hot as hell with Roy Dupuis' portrayal of Michael. I've seen several episodes of this bastardization and I have to say I am not impressed. I wanted to see it and enjoy it as a reboot, but I'm not convinced of either Maggie Q's performance as a pixie Nikita (really do we believe she can kick butt?) or Shane West's overacting of Michael compared to Roy Dupuis' minimalist and economical Michael. HE had mystery. This 'new' Michael? I can see right through him. The reboots have ZERO chemistry. I laughed at the 'romantic' scenes. Where's Walter? How can you have a series set in that world without the lovable Walter? A humanizing force inside Section. *shakes head* Shame on you, WB, writers, producers, and directors, as well as the idiot who cast the series (must have been smoking something). Fans of the cult hit deserve something better than a cheap knock off. Expand
  11. May 13, 2012
    Note: I'm reviewing the entire series, up to May 2012, rather than just season 1.

Nikita is in a genre that I enjoy, and as such, I watch it. Unfortunately, it's really bad in terms of plot, acting, writing, and other areas, and relies heavily on "sexiness" for most of its appeal, so I consider it a very "guilty pleasure." (I'm not referring to the sex specifically by that term, so much as the quality of the show.) Here's why:

1) Only one character is at all believable to me: Percy. The actor actually manages to make me forget and think that the guy is really a sociopathic genius. Partly, this is due to the writing of this character, but I attribute it more to the way the actor portrays him--especially since the writing is so bad, elsewhere.
    2) The plot and premise are about as recycled as they can get. Nikita is based on the French film by a similar name, which has had at least 4 remakes in movie and TV format (for a total of 5 extremely similar productions). Not one of the main themes in the show are original, and nearly all of them had become hackneyed before the first episode of this recent series was released. In point of fact, Steig Larsson's famous Millenium series of novels (starting with The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) features an intelligence-agency-gone-rogue called Division that does basically all the same things as the one in Nikita does (but without the fancy training facility). In summary, this series is not only extremely unoriginal, but it's also an especially BAD rendition of unoriginal material and themes.
    3) The acting and script writing are horrible! As above, the characters are entirely unbelievable (with one exception), which means that either the actors are really, really bad, or the writers/director(s) are really, really bad at giving them good impetus (material, coaching ,etc.) to act well. Not a single character in the show, but Percy, gives me the impression that the actor has any comprehension at all of the kind of life that the character lives. They're all far to clean-and-pampered-seeming to be believable--except for those who are supposed to be clean and pampered, who aren't quite clean-and-pampered-seeming enough. It doesn't help that none of them actually know how to aim or shoot a gun (see below).
    4) Rampant, stupid lack of "technical" knowledge. Most TV shows demonstrate a "status quo" of stupidity about just what a computer can do, and how a gun should be handled, but Nikita takes it to a whole new level of stupidity. The main computer hacker of the show uses a graphical user interface (GUI) for basically everything. Most of the real hackers/hardcore programmers (nearly the same thing) I talk to shun GUIs for anything but the sorts of things a layman would use a desktop for: word processing, image editing, etc. People who want to "break" the security of a system--whether to find "holes" to plug or to exploit such holes--spend months discovering and coding exploits, working at privilege elevation, tricking employees, etc. before actually being able to attempt something worth doing. Nikita's hackers and techies routinely do this "on-the-fly" in a way that would make even "script kiddies" feel ashamed for the lack of technical know-how and abundance of pre-made "hacks" that it implies.
    5) Complete lack of knowledge about how gunplay, raids, and related issues "work." Actors (specifically for main characters) are routinely allowed to get away with firing guns that are held so badly that their line of fire would obviously hit the floor before they reached their target--yet the main characters are shown to be amazing shots. Professional gun-combatants routinely "sweep" the muzzle of their weapons at each other, step into each other's line of fire (violating the principle of "fire zones"), step out of cover stupidly (and sometimes get shot for it--about every 10th episode, it seems), etc. Raiding parties typically don't properly cover exits before moving in "half-cocked" unless the main characters are supposed to be "out of luck"--but even so, the attacking force almost always does something stupid in order for the main characters to be able to progress the plot line by escaping. Likewise, when a person clearly holds the advantage--such as holding the enemy at gunpoint--they always do something stupid, like approach within arm's reach when verbally goaded, so the enemy can take the weapon and use it against its most recent owner. That this is so often used to advance the plot is utterly shameful.
    6) Finally, the show suffers from "Stupid Main Character Syndrom." They rarely think (intelligently) before acting, and this is used as a crutch for bad plot writing.

In short, the show sucks, but since the action is fun, I watch it anyway.

The CW remake isn't awful, by any means. The pilot rushes ahead nicely, with a twist at the end that gestures toward many possible future plotlines. But we've seen the whole thing many times before.
  2. Nikita is a breakthrough for teen-happy CW, its riskiest show yet--one aimed at adults. It's one they might enjoy.
    Putting aside for a moment questions about whether it signifies the imminent collapse of Western civilization and even the human reproductive impulse, this version of Nikita can still provide a rollicking, if slightly psychotic, good time.