• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 9, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.3

1. Sep 15, 2010
    This is just plain bad. All the usual lazy clichés and conventions of this type of program. Nothing new , no new twist or angle. Still reading so many positive reviews of such an obviously bad program is a good way of figuring out, whose opinions not to listen to.
  2. Sep 16, 2010
    Nothing new, nothing awesome, but still a perfectly enjoyable show. I enjoy the plot lines and the action, but it's nothing too substantial. I wish Nikita was more of a complex character, not written as any other generic female assassin. The characters and backstories create an interesting structure, but it's starting to be cliche with the whole Michael/Nikita relationship. Right now, this series only has potential. In later seasons, it can be potentially good or potentially bad. In my opinion, character development is essential for the future of this series. Nikita needs to be more unique, and Michael just needs to be totally rewritten to give him some depth. As of right now, I enjoy the show, but I don't think it's going to have a big life span if it follows its current direction. Expand
  3. Apr 29, 2011
    The pilot episode of Nikita was very entertaining. It was fast-paced, action packed and had a really interesting concept. Perhaps what's most exciting is that I haven't felt this excited about a TV show since the Lost pilot. *UPDATE* As the series has progressed, it's grown in almost every way. The writing is great, the action is brilliant and the whole production makes Nikita one of the most entertaining and intriguing shows in recent memory. Expand
  4. Oct 11, 2010
    Maggie Q has been nothing short of entertaining. She's no Jack Bauer but she gives enough to make me want to watch another episode. The first few episodes weren't so special but the show has slowly grown into one of the more solid shows on Monday nights.
  5. Sep 11, 2010
    I want to go less than "0", but I can't. I have to say that at least she is trying, Maggie is trying, she does look like a skeleton out from a closet with a pretty face, does not convince me at all that she can actually hold a gun, or kick some big guy ass, but like I said she is trying. But Michael, oh my gosh... this guys is just awful... how is he acting at all, he talks to much for a spy, he make so many awful expressions. They are supposed to be the best of the best, and they still get catch by surprise!! I miss so much Peta and Roy, she was gorgeous and in great shape, and Roy was a man you want to see on TV. This other guy is like that annoying dude you said hi as a courtesy and just keep talking... I just wanted to scream, shut up dude...please shut up...!! Hope does not get to far, and they actually create a good version of this popular series. Expand
  6. Sep 21, 2010
    Not bad so far, glad to see that we do not have to sit through how Nikita was created again. New angle is nice. It seems the women are the stronger characters these days and that is nice, but at the same time gets old and repetitive. The story has to get stronger as to why I should care about Nikita and Amanda. As of right now, I think the underground organization is pretty cool, and I want it to stick around even though they are not exactly working in the best interest of anyone but themselves. Expand
  7. Mar 19, 2013
    Believable acting, great writing, good action, not so much original but better then the others. I compare this to movies like Salt, Columbiana, Hanna because the females are the action stars. However Maggie Q gives the most believablility out of them all. Not only can she act and fight but she is pretty. This show is nothing but in my opinion the best show on TV certainly better then the so-called number one show Breaking Bad. Expand
  8. Sep 13, 2010
    Much more fun and involved than I thought it would be. I pictured a cross between Le Femme NIkita and The Dollhouse, but this should be able to stand on its own. Maggie Q is great, and I like the twist of jumping into the story after she's extricated herself from the system and following her partner in crime through the "school" portion of things. One episode down - I'll keep watching.
  9. Sep 10, 2010
    It was nice to see Nikita, Michael, Birkoff, Amanda (Madeline 2.0), the underground complex and the rest of spy/assassin paraphernalia once again, but the pilot was more than a bit underwhelming. I could somehow tolerate the usual casting of only unnaturally beautiful people but the idea to have Nikita as an outsider openly fighting against her amoral organisation as and foiling their plans is to miss the point completely. Nikita is meant to struggle, fail, suffer but never give up trying, ie. to be human even as a part of a dehumanizing machine. This way she is more like every other TV hero from Jack Bauer to Sydney Bristow. Let's hope they ditch the tiresome moralising and Fighting-for-Our Country crap and get into "La Femme Nikita" style ludicrousness with levels, Oversights, Towers, Adrians, rampant AIs, child telepaths, multilayered power-plays for world domination and quadruple crosses. You know, all-in silliness. With cool assassinations. And crying while listening to French soft pop. Expand
  10. Sep 13, 2010
    Meh, the season premiere was ok but its no Alias. It may develop further in the season but they need to give us characters we actually care about. All the kung fu and guns is pretty meaninless without strong characters.
  11. Sep 10, 2010
    I'm inclined to agree with Slate's review. I also thought the pilot episode was characterized by a weak script and a frantic effort to establish the backgrounds of all the principal players ASAP. The ambivalent relationship between Nikita and her former mentor and now pursuer is ludicrous.
  12. Sep 18, 2010
    The pilot episode left me thinking as to whether this show can really keep up or has the potential to stay or go . Judging by the performances, I say it's a long shot . I seemed more interested at staring at young Lyndsey Fonseca & the ever-stunning drop-dead-gorgeous Maggie Q who looks perfect for the " Nikita " role . The writing could be better & not to mention character development as well as both are essential for this show to get better received & improve on ratings . Expand
  13. Sep 10, 2010
    I was AMAZED. The pilot kept me at the edge of my seat!
    The acting was great (overall) and the twists were entertaining. I did not feel at all like the scripts need more comedy in them.
    I look forward for the next episode!
  14. Sep 17, 2010
    I think the season holds promise. Bit of a slow start and not sure what was happening and who was who, although at the end it is made clear, based on the end I can say there might be a chance it will go for maybe 3 seasons? Any longer than that it might be dragged out. I've only watched the first episode about to watch the second maybe that will improve the rating. The reason for the 8 out of 10 is im not sure if
    the season will go the distance, only time will tell.

Definitely worth a watch to see for yourself as its getting very mixed reviews all proving excellent points.
  15. Sep 18, 2010
    As an action show goes, it delivers. As a sexy show goes, it delivers.
    To me, it's basically a female variation of the Bourne series with some twists.
    It's too early to see how the show pans out, but if they plan their stories right, it might work.
  16. Sep 21, 2010
    http://tvtastic.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/nikita-the-cw-thursday-900-p-m/ This is the second attempt by American television to bring the French film La Femme Nikita (which was turned into the 1993 American film, Point of No Return starring Bridget Fonda) to the small screen and it is the most ambitious and best written and performed yet. That doesn't mean that it's great or that I love it.

This is a pretty short review because there's not much to say about it. The premise is exactly what the show description says it is and Maggie Q brings sexy to a whole new level here and the violence and action is on par with the best of any action show of the last decade.

The plot is pretty compelling, if not that original but the supporting cast is doing nothing for this show except for Nikita's protegé Alex who is a plant in Division to bring it down. The only problem with Alex is the ridiculously convoluted way that she was able to infiltrate Division to begin with.

It's very well shot and is pretty visually stunning and I'm actually pretty impressed with the music arrangement.

At the end of the day, it's a decent show but I'm not sure how much patience audiences will have for it but I expect to personally give it until at least mid-season.

17. Oct 5, 2010
    I love watching this show. The flashbacks are great. They fill in the storyline perfectly and help you understand why she is doing the things she does. Awesome action scenes. Love watching her take down guys over twice her size. She is so fearless in what she is doing.
  18. Oct 6, 2010
    I've followed the USA La Femme Nikita and loved Peta Wilson as Nikita. I had my doubts about the CW Nikita, but I must say, this Nikita is refreshing. The storyline is different and the action sequences are amazing. I love the show and Maggie Q is perfect for the role. I'm definitely looking forward to watching Nikita.
  19. Dec 3, 2010
    es una serie que promete al publico mucha acción y drama, es muy buena y entretiene a las personas que buscan algo diferente.
    ademas es una de las mas entretenidas del publico y genera mucha emoción y entretenimiento para distraer al publico en general y disfrutar de sus capítulos día a día puede mejorar en algunas escenas
  20. May 6, 2012
    Best TV Show ever. It's a great show. The plot is always interesting, the chemistry between the cast is great, and the characters are all likable. This would have to be one of my favorite TV shows.
  21. May 4, 2012
    Best TV show ever. Nikita have a great cast and a great production, and a great history (even being a re-make). Maggie Q, as example, deserves so many awards for her acting, she rocks!
  22. May 13, 2012
    Note: I'm reviewing the entire series, up to May 2012, rather than just season 1.

Nikita is in a genre that I enjoy, and as such, I watch it. Unfortunately, it's really bad in terms of plot, acting, writing, and other areas, and relies heavily on "sexiness" for most of its appeal, so I consider it a very "guilty pleasure." (I'm not referring to the sex specifically by that term, so much
    as the quality of the show.) Here's why:

1) Only one character is at all believable to me: Percy. The actor actually manages to make me forget and think that the guy is really a sociopathic genius. Partly, this is due to the writing of this character, but I attribute it more to the way the actor portrays him--especially since the writing is so bad, elsewhere.
    2) The plot and premise are about as recycled as they can get. Nikita is based on the French film by a similar name, which has had at least 4 remakes in movie and TV format (for a total of 5 extremely similar productions). Not one of the main themes in the show are original, and nearly all of them had become hackneyed before the first episode of this recent series was released. In point of fact, Steig Larsson's famous Millenium series of novels (starting with The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) features an intelligence-agency-gone-rogue called Division that does basically all the same things as the one in Nikita does (but without the fancy training facility). In summary, this series is not only extremely unoriginal, but it's also an especially BAD rendition of unoriginal material and themes.
    3) The acting and script writing are horrible! As above, the characters are entirely unbelievable (with one exception), which means that either the actors are really, really bad, or the writers/director(s) are really, really bad at giving them good impetus (material, coaching ,etc.) to act well. Not a single character in the show, but Percy, gives me the impression that the actor has any comprehension at all of the kind of life that the character lives. They're all far to clean-and-pampered-seeming to be believable--except for those who are supposed to be clean and pampered, who aren't quite clean-and-pampered-seeming enough. It doesn't help that none of them actually know how to aim or shoot a gun (see below).
    4) Rampant, stupid lack of "technical" knowledge. Most TV shows demonstrate a "status quo" of stupidity about just what a computer can do, and how a gun should be handled, but Nikita takes it to a whole new level of stupidity. The main computer hacker of the show uses a graphical user interface (GUI) for basically everything. Most of the real hackers/hardcore programmers (nearly the same thing) I talk to shun GUIs for anything but the sorts of things a layman would use a desktop for: word processing, image editing, etc. People who want to "break" the security of a system--whether to find "holes" to plug or to exploit such holes--spend months discovering and coding exploits, working at privilege elevation, tricking employees, etc. before actually being able to attempt something worth doing. Nikita's hackers and techies routinely do this "on-the-fly" in a way that would make even "script kiddies" feel ashamed for the lack of technical know-how and abundance of pre-made "hacks" that it implies.
    5) Complete lack of knowledge about how gunplay, raids, and related issues "work." Actors (specifically for main characters) are routinely allowed to get away with firing guns that are held so badly that their line of fire would obviously hit the floor before they reached their target--yet the main characters are shown to be amazing shots. Professional gun-combatants routinely "sweep" the muzzle of their weapons at each other, step into each other's line of fire (violating the principle of "fire zones"), step out of cover stupidly (and sometimes get shot for it--about every 10th episode, it seems), etc. Raiding parties typically don't properly cover exits before moving in "half-cocked" unless the main characters are supposed to be "out of luck"--but even so, the attacking force almost always does something stupid in order for the main characters to be able to progress the plot line by escaping. Likewise, when a person clearly holds the advantage--such as holding the enemy at gunpoint--they always do something stupid, like approach within arm's reach when verbally goaded, so the enemy can take the weapon and use it against its most recent owner. That this is so often used to advance the plot is utterly shameful.
    6) Finally, the show suffers from "Stupid Main Character Syndrom." They rarely think (intelligently) before acting, and this is used as a crutch for bad plot writing.

In short, the show sucks, but since the action is fun, I watch it anyway.
  23. Oct 17, 2013
    I'd say that this is the most underrated show on TV ever! I wouldn't even venture on the sexism and racism that I hear online about why the ratings of Nikita don't soar even if it's filled with the best effects, best scenes, and the deepest of human emotions. YES! The best thing about Nikita is how we judge her judgements. Watching the show since it started, it is still the best TV show ever! For me. Expand
  24. Nov 30, 2013
    i find it entertaining and enjoyable to watch and it doesn't piss me of like some other series on CW! and for those of you who say it is nothing new, of course it isn't something new it's a remake and i believe it to be better than its predecessors (La Femme Nikita (1990) La Femme Nikita (TV Series 1997–2001) I say give it a shot it will grow on you!
  25. Sep 28, 2010
    Show has been amazingly average, compared to the Showtime original. Michael lacks any depth, and Nikita is only slightly better. Birchoff lacks the humor of the original series. La Femme Nikita originally was great escapism and had palpable (and a foretelling, in hindsight) storyline. Nikita unfortunately lacks either at the moment.
  26. Sep 19, 2010
    i mean COME ON! this is formulaic drivel of the highest order and im sick of people saying "it's an easy watch and i just need to relax when i get home blah blah blah" this is absolute crap! This follows the same old play, purpose built off the production line to fog our brains and turn us all into happy apathetic drones. They roll 'em out year on year for our amusement - GIVE US SOMETHING NEW EXITING AND THOUGHT PROVOKING!! Rubicon sits on the face of Nikita! Expand
  27. Sep 13, 2010
    This show didn't catch my attention and I failed to watch the entire episode. I can't say if it's because it's a bad show. I have watched it because of all the talking around it but I know that I'm not a huge fan of that kind of show. So maybe it's not that bad and this show deserves better than a 4 but for me, according to my tastes in tv, it doesn't worth better than 4. But maybe I will change my mind because sometimes you need to watch several episodes to be addicted to a show.... so we'll wait and see... Expand
  28. Nov 5, 2010
    At first i really didn't pay attention to this show (i did record it just to watch it when i was doing nothing) because when i heard about it the story sounded like a lot of other revenge story's.But when I saw the pilot I thought it was one of the best shows i watched in a while. the action scenes are great and its not just random violence either it makes sense and goes with the story. And I love the story and am always shocked and surprised when the twist come and its not like other shows were its Corney or predictable that's another thing i love about this show you just don't know whats going to happen!!! My only complaint is that I think some of the characters could use some more depth but i still like most them and the cast is great!!! So all in all I have to say this is a REALLY EXCELLENT show and i love it and definitely recommend it (except well first you'll have to get caught up because then you wont really see just how awesome this show is if you haven't watched it from the beginning) Expand
  29. Nov 14, 2010
  30. Nov 18, 2010
    Great show. Love the action and storyline. I really like how they're FINALLY allowing an Asian woman play a lead role. Keep up with the awesome work!!

The CW remake isn't awful, by any means. The pilot rushes ahead nicely, with a twist at the end that gestures toward many possible future plotlines. But we've seen the whole thing many times before.
  2. Nikita is a breakthrough for teen-happy CW, its riskiest show yet--one aimed at adults. It's one they might enjoy.
    Putting aside for a moment questions about whether it signifies the imminent collapse of Western civilization and even the human reproductive impulse, this version of Nikita can still provide a rollicking, if slightly psychotic, good time.