Notes from the Underbelly : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
7.0

1. Laurie
    Oct 30, 2007
    I was once lived the life a generally hip person, got pregnant 4 years ago, and watched it all get, er, interesting in a Chinese curse sort of way. I found this show to be very funny and have it at number 18 in my TiVo lineup! That's out of 64 and just under Metalcocalypse.
  2. RaisaJ
    Apr 12, 2007
    ugh... dreadful. The writing is so dull and cliche. Insulting to the type of people it portrays even. This should be cancelled immediately
  3. JeffN
    I loved it
  4. robinc.
    loved it!
  5. nics
    Apr 16, 2007
    After reading the critics reviews I'm left wondering if we were watching the same show! It's a fantastic, funny, well written show that will appeal to many.
  6. CarynP.
    Apr 19, 2007
    This is the best new show I've seen in a very long time. Great cast, great writing....it's smart and hip and what sitcoms should be like. I hope ABC gives it a chance after screwing around with its scheduling for so long!!
  7. JeffK
    Apr 23, 2007
    I thought the show was surprisingly great! Much better than any other relationship style sitcom out there, and especially better than any sitcom on CBS. Definitely check this out!
  8. GraceL
    Apr 20, 2007
    Terrific show smartly written and sophisticated.
  9. JacquelineT.
    May 30, 2007
    I am pregnant right now, and this show has so many similarities in my husband and my life- its hilarious!
  10. EthanL
    Apr 12, 2007
    Looks good. Somthing new to watch. Sounds hillarious.
  11. BillR
    Apr 12, 2007
    Fire Stacy Traub, Barry Sonnenfeld, Kim Tannenbaum and Eric Tannenbaum... all the executive producers. This is one of the worst most uncomfortable sitcoms ever. Peter Cambor and Jennifer Westfeldt are the most miserable, unbelievable TV couples ever... they make me sick
  12. MattM
    Apr 13, 2007
    I loved it! Going through this with my wife now, we were both laughing. This is my kind of humor.
  13. robinc.
    Apr 15, 2007
    loved it!
  14. JonathanC
    Apr 15, 2007
    Hilarious and witty. One of the funniest new shows in a LONG time. People who don't have children will probably greatly dislike this show.
  15. RobertF
    Apr 19, 2007
    Absolute crap - who could think this obvious junk is funny? Read the NY Time's review if you disagree with me.
  16. LauraL
    Apr 20, 2007
    I really enjoyed the show and can't for the life of me understand why some of you seem to hate it so much. I'm single and don't have children, but the characters are smart and funny and unlike what you usually see on TV.
  17. DominiqueL
    Apr 26, 2007
    This less than mediocre sitcom has a very narrow target audience; very likely, the show even insults the target audience with one dimensional characters and boring script. It's not terrible, but I definitely won't be watching it again.
    May 12, 2007
    With a 7-month sitting next to me, this show hits close to home and is quickly becoming a favorite. Truly inspired and funny, true-to-life scenarios, too.
  19. Doug
    May 31, 2007
    Absolute trash.
  20. Kelly
    Oct 11, 2007
    I love this show, it's hilarious! Everything said about pregnancy is true and I can relate totally!
  21. frankr
    Apr 12, 2007
    OMG, I wanted to kill myself.
  22. coriw
    clean fun!
  23. JoshB
    Apr 13, 2007
    Really funny! Give it a chance.
  24. ElleF
    Apr 26, 2007
    I myself just found out that I'm expecting and it's just eerily funny that everything they have discussed on the show, is EXACTLY what I've been going through with my hubby...uncanny...it brings some much needed humor & perspective to the entire prospect of impending parenthood that's for sure...I think if you haven't gone experienced it yet...some folks I myself just found out that I'm expecting and it's just eerily funny that everything they have discussed on the show, is EXACTLY what I've been going through with my hubby...uncanny...it brings some much needed humor & perspective to the entire prospect of impending parenthood that's for sure...I think if you haven't gone experienced it yet...some folks won't get it...but I like the quick writing & the cast is good...let's give it a fighting chance folks! Expand
  25. RobU
    Apr 26, 2007
    The only thing I could imagine that would be more embarrassing than liking this show is being a man and liking this show. Look, my wife is pregnant RIGHT NOW, and I can tell you that every joke in Notes from the Underbelly is based on the most tired of cliches, cliches that might be funny if they had any factual merit. This will no doubt be cancelled in a heartbeat, and good riddance. I The only thing I could imagine that would be more embarrassing than liking this show is being a man and liking this show. Look, my wife is pregnant RIGHT NOW, and I can tell you that every joke in Notes from the Underbelly is based on the most tired of cliches, cliches that might be funny if they had any factual merit. This will no doubt be cancelled in a heartbeat, and good riddance. I gave it a "1" because Rachael Harris is a funny woman who deserves better. Expand
  26. darak
    Apr 28, 2007
    You can not blame the actors for this garbage -- this is a failure of writing. It's been a long, long time since I've seen anything this bad. It's not that the subject matter doesn't interest me -- I've given birth to two children -- it's that there isn't one fleshed-out character in the entire cast. Combine that with jokes that are so hacky you feel You can not blame the actors for this garbage -- this is a failure of writing. It's been a long, long time since I've seen anything this bad. It's not that the subject matter doesn't interest me -- I've given birth to two children -- it's that there isn't one fleshed-out character in the entire cast. Combine that with jokes that are so hacky you feel like you've been transported to a single-camera vision of 1972, and you wind up wondering how screwed up the network development process must be that this is what makes it through the gauntlet to air. "Hi -- my wife hasn't had sex with me in so long. Even though I appear to be gay and mismatched with her, I want her so bad that I run out of a meeting with clients, only to find out that yikes, as you might have guessed from the artless way it was foreshadowed -- there's no parking on my block!" Expand
  27. gracel
    Apr 29, 2007
    Terrific show. Keep it on the air. It gets better with each episode.
  28. RR.
    May 29, 2007
    This is a nice laughable sitcom for those young couples going through the same things-or at least thinking about it. Plus it has great music and cuts.

"Underbelly" has got some good, (no - I won't say "belly") laughs, but you've got to wonder what happens if the show's a success.
  2. "Notes" feel[s] like a number of other sitcoms about couples who hail from Mars and Venus, respectively, and adds little to the discussion beyond stretch marks.
  3. It's another one of those dismissable, disposable, oh-so-slight comedies.