Nurse Jackie : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 8, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.5

1. Jan 4, 2016
    The concept for the show itself, I enjoy. There's a lot of unique, funny characters, and they all have enough drama following their lives to make for a entertaining TV series.

My biggest problem with the series rests solely on the main character, Nurse Jackie. She is easily one of the show's worst characters. She is completely unlikable in any capacity. She's a thief, a liar, a total **** she refuses to accept any form of responsibility and drags down anyone who dares to even get remotely close.

From stealing drugs from the ER, to stealing her children's medication, to cheating on her husband, the longer I watch the show, the less I like Jackie.

This TV show comes from a time television writers all decided to start making super edgy characters that had no redeeming qualities, but even Breaking Bad had good reasons for it. Jackie is just a terrible character for the sake of being terrible.

If there's a glaring flaw, it's in the character of Dr. Eleanor O'Hara (Eve Best). As comic relief, she's far too thin. Nurse Jackie has much richer, darker comedy to offer.
  2. With Falco front and center, you don't really care if Nurse Jackie gets silly, as with the patient whose cat attacked his scrotum.
  3. The fantastical creation of Jackie Peyton, perhaps surprisingly, has shades of gray that make her very real indeed. Both show and character are something wonderful to behold -- and worth taking multiple doses of.