NYC Prep : Season 1

1.4

Overwhelming dislike- based on 30 Ratings

1. DReisch
    Jul 20, 2009
    Of course this show is trash, just like all of the "reality" Bravo puts on. The deliciousness is in how much you hate the characters. You might give the kids a 0, but you can't stop watching.
  2. JessaT
    Jul 29, 2009
    I find it interesting. Since I am a teenager also growing up in a large city, I feel that I can relate to many of the characters. And I have to say, even though it might be a disappointment to some, the show is very realistic. These teens lead the same fake and pressured lives that many of us private school kids do. Some of them actually handle it quite well.

1. Underneath it, we also see kids. Yes, rich kids, but also insecure kids coping with the universal dramas of teenagers. That may be the most engaging part of NYC Prep.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Yes, cliches about wealth and privilege abound and are confirmed, or perhaps further embedded....But NYC Prep is so eager to establish a kinship with "Gossip Girl" that it's forgotten to tell much of a story.
  3. Thanks to a collection of well-off New York adolescents whose parents really should have known better, the NBC Universal-owned cable network's out to convince us that those kids from "Gossip Girl" are real. As if anyone would want them to be.