• Network: Bravo
1.4

Overwhelming dislike- based on 30 Ratings

1. asylumforrichgobs
    Jun 24, 2009
    These kids are completely worthless. Where are the parents, these kids need to be hit. Send them to shutter island.
  2. Facepalm
    Jul 16, 2009
    An endless parade of wasted American genetic material. Excerpts from this show will probably make their way into Al-Qaeda training videos.
  3. JeffW
    Jul 16, 2009
    What is it about shallow, dumb, spoiled, vain kids who use Mommy and Daddy's credit card that is so appealing to watch? It's not funny, it's not entertaining... it's just incredibly painful to watch a bunch of spoiled, self-centered kids talking s**t about each other and thinking they are better than everyone else because their parents make a lot of money. This show is What is it about shallow, dumb, spoiled, vain kids who use Mommy and Daddy's credit card that is so appealing to watch? It's not funny, it's not entertaining... it's just incredibly painful to watch a bunch of spoiled, self-centered kids talking s**t about each other and thinking they are better than everyone else because their parents make a lot of money. This show is ABSOLUTE TRASH. Expand
  4. LolaB
    Jul 17, 2009
    If you think about it, it's pretty incredible this show even exists... What kind of parent would let their child participate in this? In a few years, once they've gone to college, seen a bit of the world outside their little pods, all the participating kids are going to feel really ashamed and pathetic. Other than that, it is pretty hilarious to watch and mock them.
  5. DReisch
    Jul 20, 2009
    Of course this show is trash, just like all of the "reality" Bravo puts on. The deliciousness is in how much you hate the characters. You might give the kids a 0, but you can't stop watching.
  6. AnnaH
    Jun 27, 2009
    Why don't they make a show that can relate to the other 95% of the population?
  7. JessaT
    Jul 29, 2009
    I find it interesting. Since I am a teenager also growing up in a large city, I feel that I can relate to many of the characters. And I have to say, even though it might be a disappointment to some, the show is very realistic. These teens lead the same fake and pressured lives that many of us private school kids do. Some of them actually handle it quite well.
  8. JunoM
    Jun 23, 2009
    Um.....so bravo again shows us more people who are rich. This show is extremely shallow and superficial and portray priveliged kids as snobby, spoiled(of course), unrelatable, inside out ice cold, ordinary, snobs, narcissistic, and extremely unlikeable. They act as if the world revolves around them which some kids do think that but I'm sure there's some rick kids out there in Um.....so bravo again shows us more people who are rich. This show is extremely shallow and superficial and portray priveliged kids as snobby, spoiled(of course), unrelatable, inside out ice cold, ordinary, snobs, narcissistic, and extremely unlikeable. They act as if the world revolves around them which some kids do think that but I'm sure there's some rick kids out there in new York who can actually think on a different, open-minded point-of-view. I watched the show and I wanted to find them and take a bat to their knees. I never really saw many commercials cause I don't usually watch this channel I just hear about all the housewives and their riches and I watched the reunion since nothing else was on and this showed up. I thought why not, it was a pretty horrible experience but not the worst. Never again will I watch it, even with low expectations I was suicidal after viewing. I don't need to see bratty kids who have become totally dependent on the better things in life but will not appreciate them or see how they fill out all the stereotypes people may think about rich kids. I laugh when they say how they are practically adults because they go to fashion shows and party and drink, that's just being a worthless scumbag. Expand
  9. DaveB
    Jun 24, 2009
    Dreadful stereotypes, scum of the Earth people. Why would people want to watch a show about rich, entitled slime? This show appeals to the lowest common denominator, and made me ashamed to own a television. I'm done with Bravo.
  10. jojos
    Jul 21, 2009
    This show is soooo lame. these kids are so boring, they make new york look bad. there is not an attractive person on the whole show, these kids are so bland, and their styles are so dated. who would of thought that living in new york with all that money could seem so drab.
  11. Dec 13, 2013
    I do not want to make the typical generalization but I'm just surprised there may be people who look at miserable programs like this. I come from Scandinavia, specifically Copenhagen, where people learn French, English and German in addition to their mother tongue from 3 class. This program can only and must be a huge disgrace for not only people from New York but throughout the UnitedI do not want to make the typical generalization but I'm just surprised there may be people who look at miserable programs like this. I come from Scandinavia, specifically Copenhagen, where people learn French, English and German in addition to their mother tongue from 3 class. This program can only and must be a huge disgrace for not only people from New York but throughout the United States. If young people are so dumb in all of the US. Then you have a huge problem!
    I give the program a star for content and U.S. 10 stars to hopefully not have to be full of such ignorant people

1. Underneath it, we also see kids. Yes, rich kids, but also insecure kids coping with the universal dramas of teenagers. That may be the most engaging part of NYC Prep.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Yes, cliches about wealth and privilege abound and are confirmed, or perhaps further embedded....But NYC Prep is so eager to establish a kinship with "Gossip Girl" that it's forgotten to tell much of a story.
  3. Thanks to a collection of well-off New York adolescents whose parents really should have known better, the NBC Universal-owned cable network's out to convince us that those kids from "Gossip Girl" are real. As if anyone would want them to be.