• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 12, 2011
  • Season #: 1
8.0

1. Jan 19, 2011
    This show is a lot like Greyâ
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    Pretty darned average stuff, but not as horrible as I thought it could be. Seems like I've seen it all before. But there's something about the actress from "Wonderfalls" which seems to give the show some promise. The guy from "Friday Night Lights" needs a better role. I'll watch the next episode while doing some work around the house, and if it doesn't pick up, it'll be gone.
  3. Jan 13, 2011
    A better title for this show should be ''Not Another Hospital Drama''. The lines are repetitive, the story is predictable and the geographical descriptions inaccurate. The title ''Off the Map" states that every place south of the United States is indubitably â
  4. Jan 15, 2011
    Kind of torn on this. The show is workmanlike and the acting adequate but for some reason the first episode at least felt kind of like "Grey's Of The Jungle" with each of the young doctors - the "new shipment" having a deep dark secret reason for being there. I cna even draw parallels between some of the characters and a similar character on "Grey's Anatomy" - Mina has a lot of ChristinaKind of torn on this. The show is workmanlike and the acting adequate but for some reason the first episode at least felt kind of like "Grey's Of The Jungle" with each of the young doctors - the "new shipment" having a deep dark secret reason for being there. I cna even draw parallels between some of the characters and a similar character on "Grey's Anatomy" - Mina has a lot of Christina about her and Lilly reminds me of Meredith. The actors are adequate given what they're given to work with. There are lots of nit-picky things that I could say about the show but the one that I'm still trying to figure out is why anyone would go to work in a clinic in South America without even a rudimentary knowledge of Spanish (or Portugese in Brazil), and why anyone would hire them for that sort of job without knowing that they could speak even a little Spanish. Other than that it is a pretty typical Shonda Rhimes series and I assume that in due course some of the characters will be sleeping with other characters. That's fine but its been done before and Shonda knows that because she's one of the ones who has done it before. Expand
  5. Jan 26, 2011
    I loved it. I used to watch Grey's Anatomy but stopped because the story line became kind of dull for me. Off the map is like a breath of fresh air. The cast is young, the various problems they come across are interesting and you get to see what these young doctors will do next and with what. This show has potential if you just give it a chance.
  6. Jan 27, 2011
    Although it is similar to every other hospital show out there, a younger cast and fresher storylibe make off the map interesting and exciting. There seems to be a lot of thought put into the characters and medical situations, and I can't wait for more drama to unravel. Bonus points from all of the Friday Night Lights fans, it's fun to watch Zach in a new role.
  7. Apr 6, 2011
    I absolutely adore this show. I used to watch Grey's Anatomy regularly, but then it got a bit boring and dull for me, so I stopped for a while. I've picked it back up, but I don't have the same sense of urgency to watch the show as before. I miss a few week and then come back.

Off the Map is a completely different show altogether. It displays the general ignorance of Americans and how by going to a third world country, one can find themselves and their strengths while still trying to maintain their sense of intergrity. Lines become blurred and the "right" decision is sometimes hard to choose. The scenery is absolutely beautiful. I count down the days until it's Wednesday again so that I can watch another episode. I never know what to expect. I hope this show stays one for a LONG, LONG TIME!
  8. Apr 9, 2011
    Have forgotten about Grey's Anatomy since starting to watch this show. At first I thought the story line of Grey's was going to continue older doctor young intern but thankfully it did not. There is plenty of action mixed with romance and a little comedy.
  9. Apr 13, 2011
    I LOVED this show! I never watch dramas but i was addicted to this show! I like the colourful characters, beautiful setting and interesting twists. I can't wait for the next season!
  10. Apr 15, 2011
    This is one of the best shows on TV. It is composed of some great new characters ( I love Bernard). As well as a great setting. It is a really interesting show that gives you that same "I'm in the middle of the jungle" feel as LOST but with the drama and excitement of Greys. I love this show.
  11. Apr 18, 2011
    I Think this show was really good and i think they should keep it...i think there should be a season two..the story of the doctors and the reason they are there is really good...i really want to see what happens to the all...
  12. Feb 20, 2011
    After the first episode I considered never watching this show again, but something made me give it a second chance . Well, step by step it grew on me, and the last episode (17 February) really reached my heart. So, the conclusion is that it is a show with a lot of potential, I hope the characters will develop more and more. It may not be perfect, but It is a show I eagerly await everyAfter the first episode I considered never watching this show again, but something made me give it a second chance . Well, step by step it grew on me, and the last episode (17 February) really reached my heart. So, the conclusion is that it is a show with a lot of potential, I hope the characters will develop more and more. It may not be perfect, but It is a show I eagerly await every week....I like it, it has the potential to become one of my favourite series at the moment... Expand
  13. Mar 11, 2011
    I absolutely love Off the Map. I think they have a great cast and the show is very interesting. The storyline has increasingly gotten better and keeps me tuning in. I definitely hope you come back for season 2.
  14. meb
    Mar 12, 2011
    This is probably the worst show ever. It assumes that South America is a Jungle, that Quechua is not a language but an indigenous group (Too bad that neither Perú, nor Bolivia or Ecuador look anything like Hawaii, and it is painfully obvious this was filmed there), that all Spanish Speakers sound like they are speaking a second language (in this case they are, and in veryThis is probably the worst show ever. It assumes that South America is a Jungle, that Quechua is not a language but an indigenous group (Too bad that neither Perú, nor Bolivia or Ecuador look anything like Hawaii, and it is painfully obvious this was filmed there), that all Spanish Speakers sound like they are speaking a second language (in this case they are, and in very different accents) I remembered a particularly delirious episode of Frasier in which Argentina was portrayed as a beach party (Cancun like), but that was a comedy and that portrayal, done with a wink, worked there. It does not work here. In fact, it is highly offensive in this context. I am appalled by the ignorance of people who are ready to accept this portrayal of South America at face value. Are we really that ignorant? The love affair with pseudoscience is also present here (as it is in Private Practice) and it is just as ridiculous. I have watched the first 9 episodes in total disbelief. Personally, I feel insulted by this show. I find no redeeming features in it, and the most that I can hope for is its early cancellation. Expand
  15. Mar 16, 2011
    I look forward to this show every week! Sure the writing can be corny occasionally but it's come a long way in a few short weeks. Off The Map has its fair share of humor and drama. Sure its unrealistic but so is pretty much every show out there. This show will only keep getting better!
  16. May 29, 2011
    There's obviously a mistake! I watch several shows, and I admit Off the Map took a show or two to grab my attention. I taped the shows because I couldn't depend on being in front of the TV when it came on, but I looked forward to watching. I too watch medical drama, law dramas, etc. I'm no critic except to say that I was really getting into the characters, and now I'll never know howThere's obviously a mistake! I watch several shows, and I admit Off the Map took a show or two to grab my attention. I taped the shows because I couldn't depend on being in front of the TV when it came on, but I looked forward to watching. I too watch medical drama, law dramas, etc. I'm no critic except to say that I was really getting into the characters, and now I'll never know how it all turned out. Bo-ooo! Just like America Dreams. What's wrong with good drama? I used to watch NBC, then switched to ABC, now what? Expand
  17. Sep 19, 2011
    I love this show okay maybe it is like Greys Anatomy but it is in so many ways also different. It doesn't matter witch time it is on I still watch it or I just record it. I hope that they will reconsider the cancellation and bring it back. I will miss the Action out off it and the romance =)
  18. Jan 16, 2012
    Great enjoyable show for the family. It has emotional depth and touches on some universal human issues such as loss, self-doubt, loneliness and finding one's own path in life. Sometimes lighthearted and a good laugh. Medical procedures do not have to be truthful; they are believable enough to non-medical audience and inspire imagination. We are heartbroken that the show has been cancelledGreat enjoyable show for the family. It has emotional depth and touches on some universal human issues such as loss, self-doubt, loneliness and finding one's own path in life. Sometimes lighthearted and a good laugh. Medical procedures do not have to be truthful; they are believable enough to non-medical audience and inspire imagination. We are heartbroken that the show has been cancelled and are hoping this decision will be reversed. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jan 20, 2011
    This enjoyable series from the Grey's Anatomy team is sort of Doctors Without Borders--who are also without too many clothes. [24 Jan 2011, p.41]
  2. Reviewed by: Mikey O'Connell
    Jan 13, 2011
    OTM doesn't immediately grab us the way "Grey's" or "Private Practice" did--though the latter did suffer an admittedly rocky start. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that there seems to be a bit of an identity crisis happening here.
  3. Reviewed by: Ellen Gray
    Jan 12, 2011
    So what we have here is another show in which pretty, mildly tortured people perform deeds of medical derring-do while trying to figure out how they, and various parts of their individual anatomies, might fit together.