One Piece : Season 7

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
8.8

1. Oct 22, 2013
    Just a heads up this is a review of the english dub version of season 7. Really this is just a filler season. That's not a bad thing, and the season is still enjoyable, but like most filler seasons the quality of the story, characters, and animation fails to live up the previous non-filler seasons. The new villains are lame and forgettable, as are the fights between them and the straw hatJust a heads up this is a review of the english dub version of season 7. Really this is just a filler season. That's not a bad thing, and the season is still enjoyable, but like most filler seasons the quality of the story, characters, and animation fails to live up the previous non-filler seasons. The new villains are lame and forgettable, as are the fights between them and the straw hat crew. The voice acting has also taken a hit because of the new voice-actors that signed on a few seasons ago. They're not particularly bad, but I don't feel like they are as effective as playing the characters as the previous voice actors were.

While this season is far from the best it is still enjoyable. The humor in this season is top-notch and made me laugh-out-loud numerous times. It's also still enjoyable to watch the adventures of the straw hat pirates. So it may not be the best season thanks to the filler content, but I've seen worse anime. If you've come to grow attached to these characters like I have then you will also be willing to forgive most of this seasons flaws.

There are no critic reviews yet.