• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2003
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
8.0

1. Sep 10, 2010
    honestly the show is good. but not as good as it used to be! i love watching thr repeats. i still hope they dont cancel it. and if they do have their final season, that lucas and peyton come back.. atleast for the last episode.
  2. Oct 6, 2010
    I totally love this show :) Story is great and the characters are great :) I like how they explore different people's lives and their relationships with one another :) great show
  3. Dec 12, 2011
    It used to be great but the last few seasons (since parts of the main characters left) it became a bit boring and repetitive.. Now they are soon releasing the final season and it's going to be interesting to see how they tied the series together.
  4. Apr 23, 2012
    I am a die hard OTH fan. I have watched it since it came out and had to accept the finale this year. It was a very hard thing to do. I've grown with it over the years. It was an inspiring show. It connected with me in every way. I fell in love with the casting. I seriously dont know how to explain so...its a fantastic show and any person that enjoys the genre will enjoy this show.
  5. Jul 12, 2012
    Awesome, Excellent, and a Wonderful t.v show and story plot!! Shows the ups and downs of life with an add of drama. Great characters and personalities. An inspiring show to follow your dreams, and to never give up. Mark Schwahn has created an exciting, brilliant, and admirable series and that's all there is to it.
  6. Jun 5, 2013
    From season 1 to season 4 the show has been great, because it had a direction, and it followed it with strenght and memorable moments. I really liked it, because probably i watched in the period in which the characters had more or less my age and, anyway, was very well made. After the pause, the seasons 5 and 6 were good as well. Not as good, but at least they didn't lose grip in respectFrom season 1 to season 4 the show has been great, because it had a direction, and it followed it with strenght and memorable moments. I really liked it, because probably i watched in the period in which the characters had more or less my age and, anyway, was very well made. After the pause, the seasons 5 and 6 were good as well. Not as good, but at least they didn't lose grip in respect to the first 4. It's not usual to see the character you liked so many years later in a show, and that was the plus point. But then, after the season 6, all the good that had been done was ruined with two useless seasons, with new characters, too much sentimental. The last season was not the worst, but well...who cares after the mess made in the previous two? Expand
  7. Jan 26, 2011
    I had to mark this one down because of the casting director. The "Parents" of the "kids " look like they're only 10-15 years older. WTF? Sorry but, not believable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I first saw Lucas & his mum talking, I expected her character to be his older sister. When I found out she'd been cast as his mother, my only thought was WTF? Are you kidding me? DoI had to mark this one down because of the casting director. The "Parents" of the "kids " look like they're only 10-15 years older. WTF? Sorry but, not believable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I first saw Lucas & his mum talking, I expected her character to be his older sister. When I found out she'd been cast as his mother, my only thought was WTF? Are you kidding me? Do you really think we're that stupid? Casting Directors, please note: Your audience are not thick as two planks. Expand
  8. Nov 14, 2010
    This show used to be amazing, but it that has drastically changed. I enjoyed the time when they were in high school, but as the characters mature, it has become less enjoyable. Mark Schwahn has broken up some of my favorite couples and introduced new story lines that are boring. One Tree Hill is just not that good anymore.
  9. Aug 8, 2014
    This is probably the best Teen Drama in TV History, Mark Schwann makes us cry and laugh through the the characters hardships and beautiful moments. A truly unforgettable 9 years.
  10. Feb 7, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One Tree Hill is set in the small town of Tree Hill. This show presents many main characters, including... Two half-brothers, Nathan and Lucas Scott, who share nothing other than a last name and their basketball talent, a group of three best friends, Peyton, Haley, and Brooke, whose relationship forms to be more sisterly, and then of course, your adult divorcees, Karen and Dan Scott, and Deb and Keith. Lucas, King of basketball at the River Court, and Nathan, King of basketball on the actual court and star of the high school basketball team eventually fight it out after Lucas joins the basketball team and they both fall for the same girl. Many learn how to cope with real life situations and begin to meet long lost family.
    I had started watching it, hoping for an intriguing show that would peak my interests throughout the whole thing, and, oh man, did I get it! One Tree Hill is not only a show, but one that tugs at your heartstrings, never drops your interest, is very inspiring, and can very easily influence your decisions in life. The story line is very meaningful and not just used to show drama and the teen life, but addresses very real, life-like situations. You get to see relationships grow throughout people that were just friends, or lack thereof for some. I enjoy getting to see new characters, and their relationships beginning to grow, while learning how to cope with the difficulties of growing up. It is hard to not get caught up in the lives and unfortunate realities of these teens in Tree Hill.
    In this town, the greatest, most prideful event is the high school basketball team. Coached by Whitey Durham, the team knows how to accomplish their goals in winning, and fortunately take the constructive criticism in the times of their losses. Although the basketball team is a major part of the show, there are many more aspects that go into it… Not only is it a great show, and very influential, but the perfect quotes, or sayings, are said at the perfect time! These quotes are worth getting acknowledged and such a great thing to remember. Many of these quotes can be related to your real life experiences. "Does this darkness have a name? This cruelty, this hatred, how did it find us? Did it steal into our lives or did we seek it out and embrace it? What happened to us that we now send our children into the world like we send young men to war, hoping for their safe return, but knowing that some would be lost along the way. When did we lose our way? Consumed by the shadows. Swallowed whole by the darkness. Does this darkness have a name? Is it your name?" This quote highly relates to any situation that you can be put in, where you are being shamed, or treated unfairly. Overall, this show can relate to nearly any situation, and can help you to see how others deal with similar situations.
  11. Feb 8, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One Tree Hill is a very entertaining series. There are alot of different roles that each character take on throughout the series. Mark Schwahn purpose for creating One Tree Hill is very obvious throughout the seasons. He always makes the plot to twist in different ways that some viewers have never seen before. Mark also tries to keep new and old music in One Tree Hill. New and old music really makes the show accepted able for all ages and preferences.

One Tree Hill keep you emotions very raw on on edge! This series is very unique and addicting in its own way. Throughout the nine seasons of One Tree Hill the characters evolve from just basically being stereotypes to real people. There is Nathan the “dumb jock, Haley the “tutor girl”, Brooke “the very boy crazy flirt”, Peyton the “sad soul”, and Lucas the “shy low life”. Each of the characters have very different walks of life. This feature of the series is very inspiring. You easily get emotionally attached to the characters through the nine seasons. It is very hard when you lose or gain a character is hard because you will be in love with the original cast.
    One Tree Hill has many addicting cliffhangers throughout the season. That is what Mark Schwahn used to keep the hard core fans intrested till the end. One Tree Hill has some very unrealistic parts in it! For example two characters ( Clay and Quinn) get shot at the end of season seven. The characters were boyfriend and girlfriend and they were being stalked by a woman that went through some changes to make herself look like Sara, Clays late wife. This lady was mentally unstable and shot Clay and Quinn because she was very jealous that Clay loved Quinn over her as a “Sara look alike”. To be honest this is a very long stretch. The creator stretches it even further to make it even more unrealistic by making the shot characters sit unconscious for eight hours! These cliffhangers are very suspenseful but most are very unrealistic.

1. The Hollywood Reporter
    Reviewed by: Staff [Not Credited]
    Jun 30, 2013
    The opening hour is too loaded down with cliched angst to stimulate much more than the libido of its target teen audience. [22 Sept 2003]
  2. Washington Post
    Reviewed by: Tom Shales
    The show is pure hooey. [21 Sept 2003, p.N01]
  3. Newark Star-Ledger
    Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 30, 2013
    A welcome surprise - an unabashed melodrama that doesn't wink at the audience but doesn't take itself too seriously, either. Every choice it makes, from pacing to photography to music, seems just about right, and the casting is inspired. (I appreciate that it filled its lead roles with two young men who are somewhat credible on the court.) [23 Sept 2003, p.43]