7.7

1. Feb 1, 2011
    I've been a huge fan of the Onion books and newspapers for years. I was greatly disappointed with the movie but this time I think they've struck gold. The key is host Brooke Alvarez's (if that is her real name) sharp, hard hitting delivery. It adds legitimacy to the broadcast.....at least until you hear the ridiculous premise of most of the stories. The Daily Show is at it's best when it avoids the editorializing of John Stewart and uses it's feature reports to point out the absurdity of our political system. The Onion seems to understand this. Expand
  2. Jan 25, 2011
    Too predictable and over the top to be funny. Short little viral videos are where this content shines best, and while I like the 'host' she doesn't add enough to make the show watchable. Broken up it might get a few chuckles, all at once it is overpowering.
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    The anchor lady is comedy gold. I absolutely love every minute of it. Make sure to pay extra attention to the news flashes that roll at the bottom of the screen.

1. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Jan 26, 2011
    Comedy Central's The Daily Show at last has a worthy rival in the "fake news" game.
  2. Reviewed by: Jesse Hicks
    Jan 21, 2011
    Of course, satire doesn't need to rely on realistic or three-dimensional characters. (In fact, it most often relies on two-dimensional types.) But it does need a fresh and consistent point of view. Absent that, ONN is best when it indulges in simple absurdity.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Genzlinger
    Jan 20, 2011
    If the longstanding "SNL" segment is a sort of introductory course in wringing humor from headlines, and Mr. Stewart's "Daily Show" is the advance-level class, Onion News Network is graduate school, requiring much quicker thinking and a greater tolerance for comfort-zone invasion.