• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 11, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.3

1. Jun 13, 2014
    Have to agree with albuddha's review. Just a bit boring now. Got 4 episodes in and can't be bothered anymore. Not bad but it doesn't deserve the 90%+ rating.
  2. Aug 20, 2014
    Overrated. Dialogue overload. Too many characters you don't really give a damn about...Banshee is 100X more entertaining, fun and satisfying. This show is like the Leftovers in that it is persistently depressive, but with the Leftovers the high moments are a lot more compelling. Maybe women will like it more, because its 95% female cast. Watching this show was an exercise of enduranceOverrated. Dialogue overload. Too many characters you don't really give a damn about...Banshee is 100X more entertaining, fun and satisfying. This show is like the Leftovers in that it is persistently depressive, but with the Leftovers the high moments are a lot more compelling. Maybe women will like it more, because its 95% female cast. Watching this show was an exercise of endurance for me. I don't know how a show this (1) depressing (2) dialogue intense could be so universally liked. Expand
  3. Jun 23, 2014
    I watched the whole 2nd season and it was nowhere near the caliber of season one. I'm hoping the third will be awesome as I am excited for Piper's character development.
  4. Jun 7, 2014
    I'm sorry but 3 episodes in and i'm bored to tears. The characters have worn out their welcome. the european chef, the sassy latinas, the funky haired prisoners, the crazy christian piper beat up with the annoying voice. yawn. piper is as pale as ever, more downtrodden then before. boring/annoying.
  5. Dec 11, 2014
    i had been avoiding the show until now. the main reason i'm watching through the 2nd season is that i love seeing so many talented black actresses together. i also love natasha lyonne. hoping laura prepon comes back. love the opening sequence. it's the only part of the show that's real. basically, i have to work at suspending my disbelief and see the prison setting as just a setting fori had been avoiding the show until now. the main reason i'm watching through the 2nd season is that i love seeing so many talented black actresses together. i also love natasha lyonne. hoping laura prepon comes back. love the opening sequence. it's the only part of the show that's real. basically, i have to work at suspending my disbelief and see the prison setting as just a setting for all the characters to interact. it sure isn't like any prison in the US. Expand
  6. Jul 30, 2014
    I liked the first season, but the second, not as much.
    In the first season, there were things actually happening but
    in this season there was way more talking than people actually doing something. Everyone was working out plans, talking about things they want to do, trying a new scheme to get stuff into the prison, but that's it. There were a few crucial plot points, but between them,
    I liked the first season, but the second, not as much.
    In the first season, there were things actually happening but
    in this season there was way more talking than people actually doing something.
    to get stuff into the prison, but that's it.
    There were a few crucial plot points, but between them, I got kind of bored and the finale didn't make up for that.
    And you know what? There were way too many flashbacks.
    A short flashback how someone got into jail is ok, but is it really necessary?
    It's just, seeing one for virtually every inmate is more than I want to know.
  7. Sep 12, 2014
    Not up to par with the first season. I can't even recall laughing this season while the first one was hilarious. Piper is a no-show throughout the whole season and her non-existent relationship with Larry does not help to move the show anywhere. The other characters have also lost their drive. There's just not enough interesting things going on :-(

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 7, 2014
    By the finale, Season 2 is stronger than Season 1, largely because it’s more uncompromising about its characters, at once more nuanced and more damning.
  2. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    Jun 19, 2014
    Consider how well-crafted they are, you might want to pace yourself and savor every precious moment.
  3. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Jun 12, 2014
    Orange Is the New Black remains a vibrantly hued, singular achievement. Darkly dramatic and comedically spiked, it deals in the dehumanization and restoration of both guards and inmates.