• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 11, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
8.5

1. Jul 17, 2013
    Although this show is relatively entertaining, with the exception of the segments pertaining to her life outside of prison, the show lacks any hint of authenticity. All of these women have been convicted of crimes that warrant prison time and yet they are all portrayed as having a heart of gold. Anyone that has seen lockup would know that even in a women's jail life is much more intenseAlthough this show is relatively entertaining, with the exception of the segments pertaining to her life outside of prison, the show lacks any hint of authenticity. All of these women have been convicted of crimes that warrant prison time and yet they are all portrayed as having a heart of gold. Anyone that has seen lockup would know that even in a women's jail life is much more intense than what has been portrayed in this program. Totally not buying Laura Prepon as any form of heroin dealer (she would be dead in seconds flat) because heroin is a much more serious game than just selling weed. I also find it incredibly hard to believe that a person would even be indicted let alone sentenced for a ten year old crime based on nothing more than the testimony of a criminal trying to get their sentence reduced. All that being said I think the show is still relatively entertaining which came as a complete surprise considering its from the same creator of that awful excuse for a television program they call Weeds, what a pile of crap that is. They could also do without that annoying Regina Spektor noise. Collapse
  2. Jun 11, 2014
    I've watched 11 episodes of season 1 and to be perfectly honest, this is THE most uninteresting,bland,sleep-inducing show about life in prison! Firstly, the main character does NOT in any way possible,shows or remotely shows she has the ability to sell drugs ESPECIALLY herion! Secondly, the prison she's in DOES NOT EVEN REMOTELY RESEMBLE A FREAKING PRISON! How,is probably your questionI've watched 11 episodes of season 1 and to be perfectly honest, this is THE most uninteresting,bland,sleep-inducing show about life in prison! Firstly, the main character does NOT in any way possible,shows or remotely shows she has the ability to sell drugs ESPECIALLY herion! Secondly, the prison she's in DOES NOT EVEN REMOTELY RESEMBLE A FREAKING PRISON! How,is probably your question seeing as their in what can barley be called a prison,well its too clean,there's virtually no violence and pretty much every character comes off as an inmate with a heart of gold! Ive seen only ONE inmate hit someone and that was only one slap! A screw driver was taken from the workshop but its only used for masturbation,threats gets made left and right but 20minutes later,there back to being friends,crazy eyes gave me hope that she would actually show some craziness by doing something that would warrent people calling her crazy eyes but the craziest thing she's done so far is urinate on the floor but then,everythings all good after that....i hate empty drama and this crap show is full of drama that goes NOWHERE! They get your blood pumping thinking something will happen and boom!, nothing, and everyone is friends again! It took ten episodes before someone died andthat was bbasically suicde,no one murdered her, she just O.D! One inmate even walks around this college like prison with a freaking huge dog and...you guessed it,NOTHING! No one gets attacked by the dog! The main character insults the chiefs food and the worst thing that happens is a bloody tampon between bread and getting starved for 3 days. Prison life her is like heaven for these inmates when you look at hiw NOTHING happens here! Its a funny show but other then that, it has NOTHING to offer people besides pointless, go nowhere threats that ends with everyone being friends, NO violence,pathetic back stories that DESPERATEL tries to show these ccriminals as innocent angels who made a mistake,like that woman who worked as a cleaner but she kills a guy for beating a young girl..or the track star who had a promising future but let a guy talk her into stealing....its like watching grown people act like kids since the majority of every episode has the inmates crying and feeling sorry for each other...THIS SHOW FREAKING SUCKS! 3/10 just for the comedy since thats all its has going for it. Expand
  3. Jun 10, 2014
    I really enjoyed the first season but I've gotten really bored with the second season. I'm much less interested in the characters and I'm tired of the narrative structure of the show.
  4. Jun 20, 2014
    I found this to be a Take It Or Leave It kind of show........somewhat interesting, but easy to walk away from and not really miss at all. I DID watch the first season, but was not compelled to watch the second. Kind of boring overall.
  5. Jul 8, 2014
    How do you get views on your tv show when there is no depth? Sex scenes! yay! Hmmm but thats not quite enough.... what is a very taboo subject lately? something that could draw in some more views..... Lesbians! yes! its revolutionary! That way the people that watch this show are either horny dudes or lesbian women. I think we have a hit series on our hands...
  6. Jul 13, 2014
    I have to say so far i'm disappointed by season 2 given i'm only 7 episodes in it has turned into a chick flick and far away from the solid drama that i loved in the first season.
    Being a guy my fav shows being breaking bad / 24 /dexter i never thought i'd like this show but season 1 really impressed me however season 2 has just been a let down.. to be fair it maybe the fact that i binge watched fargo between the two seasons
  7. Jul 18, 2014
    OK been watching for 25min 30secs, not laughed once, not intrigued once, what exactly you losers see in this doldrum idiocy? **** dont impress me, girls smooching, whatever. Is this the cause for intrigue? **** in prison. Ok now im at 28:22 first episode. How long should I give it people?
  8. Sep 18, 2014
    Humor is kind of subjective thing, but I don't see how this show is funny. The characters are unrealistic and uninteresting, and it didn't take me long before I decided I really didn't care what happened to any of them (ie. first episode). And though some people are calling the show heartwarming, to me it just seemed as trite and shallow as a dollar store greeting card. Ultimately OrangeHumor is kind of subjective thing, but I don't see how this show is funny. The characters are unrealistic and uninteresting, and it didn't take me long before I decided I really didn't care what happened to any of them (ie. first episode). And though some people are calling the show heartwarming, to me it just seemed as trite and shallow as a dollar store greeting card. Ultimately Orange is the New Black is just another empty drama aimed at women, and seems to be the female counterpart of a mindless action flick. Zero out of ten. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Kristi Turnquist
    Jun 24, 2014
    Quibbles aside, watching this superb cast working together remains a pleasure, and it makes Season 2 of Orange Is the New Black an irresistible summer viewing choice.
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jul 18, 2013
    Orange has graphic scenes that aren’t for kids. But they aren’t played for cheap gags, either, and that attitude serves the production well. With Schilling in top form, this Orange tastes fresh.
  3. Reviewed by: Matthew Wolfson
    Jul 16, 2013
    While it's not apparent that the show's personalities add up to anything more than themselves at first, they ultimately prove to be compelling studies of people trying to work through glaring mistakes and obvious limitations to fashion some sort of livable present.