Outlaw : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 15, 2010
4.3

1. Sep 23, 2011
    Interesting court and law series - likely to appeal to viewers interested in justice prevailing over law. Anyone that enjoyed "The West Wing" might enjoy this series.
  2. Apr 10, 2011
    I have to say that I am nothing short of perplexity over this shows reviews! I saw once review state that due to the shows violation to "tenets" of storytelling, it should be thrown in the clink. Since when is out of the box thinking a crime in creativity?!? For such a new show the writing was quite entertaining. My favorite shows on TV are "Criminal Minds" and 'The Mentalist', both ofI have to say that I am nothing short of perplexity over this shows reviews! I saw once review state that due to the shows violation to "tenets" of storytelling, it should be thrown in the clink. Since when is out of the box thinking a crime in creativity?!? For such a new show the writing was quite entertaining. My favorite shows on TV are "Criminal Minds" and 'The Mentalist', both of these shows as compared to there pilot have developed immensely! This series touched on moral conflict, government corruption, and provoked emotion. Last I checked the best way for a production to be entertaining is for it to make you feel something. They made you feel with winning against the odds, and when you least expected it with a loss of a case which resulted in the death of a sick child. It was said more than once that the supporting characters need to develop more personality to match the character of Justice Garza, a pleasantly imperfect hero I might add. WHY?!? His character is suppose to be the strong one leading the personalities that can only aspire to be as profound as him! I would give this series no less than an eight out of ten rating with potential to be a ten. And I am disappointed in the loss of the chance to see more due to the unshared opinion of the masses. Expand

There's not a hint of logic in the procedural aspect of the show. The development and the resolution of tonight's case, in which a man on death row is trying to prove he isn't a cop killer, represent the sloppiest, most factory-like TV writing there is. And there's not much realism afoot, either.
  2. This series will require better scripts than the death-penalty pilot one, and those kids will have to establish personalities vivid enough to hold the screen with Smits' powerful one.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    However you view it--mediocre "House" rip-off, improbable law show or "Like Father, Like Son 2: Judicial Boogaloo"--you have to like Jimmy Smits an awful lot to make Outlaw a Friday appointment. I'm as devoted an "NYPD Blue" fan as they come, and even I'm not willing to make that leap.