Pan Am : Season 1

• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 25, 2011
7.4

1. Jan 7, 2012
    Pan Am is amazing, cute, retro, tearjerking, awesome, cool, romantic, nice, sentimental...good, entertaining...and more...and that's all I can say about it.
  2. Sep 27, 2011
    I loved it. It was very much a pilot episode- you get to know all the characters involved and there's not much to it other than that, but it's so well-made and interesting! Loved how glamorous and yet realistic it is.
    The production and overall looks of everything is very very good. Very good graphics, wardrobe and everything.
    It's all in very good taste. To be honest , i never liked Mad
    It's all in very good taste.
    To be honest , i never liked Mad Men all that much, it was so boring. Watched about 3 seasons of deathly boredom. This is the same decade and it's youthful and good. I really loved it.
  3. Sep 26, 2011
    Fairly accurate in presentation of facts and sights. A little too soap opera like for a higher score. Lets see how the next show comes off. There is still a lot of material and plenty of verbage that the writers can tap and fill in the story lines which could make it interesting to non airline people both from others as well as people remembering that era. The pilots were too young to beFairly accurate in presentation of facts and sights. A little too soap opera like for a higher score. Lets see how the next show comes off. There is still a lot of material and plenty of verbage that the writers can tap and fill in the story lines which could make it interesting to non airline people both from others as well as people remembering that era. The pilots were too young to be very real. I never saw an airline pilot less than in his mid 40s anywhere in the world much less the world's most experienced airline, Pan Am. I think they should bring more of the history of Pan Am out and the importance to this country and the world. Pan Am was the name of aviation travel for the world and it wrote most of the book in human history of it. Expand
  4. Sep 27, 2011
    One of the fall shows that I am most excited about, has a lot of potential, is still a work in progress but never the less it is very intriguing. I want to see where they go with all the characters especially the one portrayed by the talented, Christina Ricci. Love the flashbacks, the glamour and style that help take you back into the 1960´s!
  5. Oct 6, 2011
    Pan Am is a wonderful walk down memory lane. Back to a time when things seemed more elegant, where people were more courteous, and life seemed good...and flying really was a fun experience. Back to a day when girls and boys really did think being a stewardess or a pilot was cool and glamourous. I enjoy the music, the fashions, everything. I hope this show will remain on the air for a veryPan Am is a wonderful walk down memory lane. Back to a time when things seemed more elegant, where people were more courteous, and life seemed good...and flying really was a fun experience. Back to a day when girls and boys really did think being a stewardess or a pilot was cool and glamourous. I enjoy the music, the fashions, everything. I hope this show will remain on the air for a very long, long time. It's nice to have a show that doesn't rely on sex, violence or vulgarity to be popular. Expand
  6. Oct 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. muy buena, de lo mejor de esta segunda parte del año, buenos diálogos , buenas actuaciones, y excelente ambientación y si encima se hace entretenida que mas se le puede pedir...? Expand
  7. Oct 17, 2011
    Subject: Pan Am TV Series Oct 2011

Subject: Pan Am TV Series Oct 2011

There are many books written by former Pan Am stewardesses and pilots. They all seem to have their stories very much in common and soon become by themselves repetitious. Pan Am stewardesses, while important and necessary to the benefit, welfare and safety of passengers, are not all there was to Pan Am. What is desperately missing were interesting, adventurous and exciting factual stories which begin on the ground. For instance, the public would be interested to know how potential stewardesses and other supporting employees were hired. As a former PanAm Station Manager, who came up from the ranks, let it be known that applicants indicating having been bored would not be hired for any position. For stewardess prospects, there are grueling, difficult stress interviews which are extremely selective. Let us not forget the hundreds of thousands of employees who made Pan Am the greatest airline by also working in â
  8. Aug 7, 2012
    A great story telling of history. Enticing and captivating in every way, from the brilliance of the actors to the journey it takes us on. Unfortunately for fans of the phenomenon it has been canceled due to lack of viewers. This show undoubtedly deserved to catch the public eye as well as been renewed for seasons and seasons to come. Hands down, one of the top of my lists.
  9. Nov 1, 2011
    My wife and I really like this show. It's 60's time setting is a great stage of course. They do a good job of tying all the episodes together through the pilots/stewardesses private lives with each other. This helps the series so it isn't just a show about hanging out in a new destination each week.
  10. Nov 1, 2011
    I've watched two episodes now. I think it's fun and has some intrigue in it. It has left me wanting to know where things are going and precisely what is going on. I hope it sticks around.
  11. Nov 4, 2011
    This show has great potential to become something really interesting, with the side plot of secret agents and flight attendants, the new-girl-become-famous Laura, the many international love affairs, the charismatic cast, the awesome historical significance of these beautiful, professional women, plus the idealistic feel of a time when the world was full of unforeseen possibilities. I'mThis show has great potential to become something really interesting, with the side plot of secret agents and flight attendants, the new-girl-become-famous Laura, the many international love affairs, the charismatic cast, the awesome historical significance of these beautiful, professional women, plus the idealistic feel of a time when the world was full of unforeseen possibilities. I'm going to say the show centres around Laura, whose sister is already a flight attended, the Pilot episode, not a pun, it's a pilot episode, sees her joining the maiden flight of a new clipper jet. On board is her sister, a lovely french lady with a heartbreaking smile named Colette, and previously grounded Maggie, played by the infectious Christina Ricci. The potential here is broad, the historical stories that could be told, maybe even an appearance of Frank Abagnale Jr, Catch him if you can. I've not watched anything beyond the pilot, but I look forward to seeing what the show can come up with. Like the British Mile High without the swearing. I hope the rumours aren't true that it's all about romances now. That'll steer the show in the wrong direction. I look forward to this taking off and reaching it's full potential. Expand
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    Great potential still finding its way but the characters are well written and the actresses are all good. I wish more people would give it a chance. Favorite character on the show is Christina Ricci, she is amazing!
  13. Nov 17, 2011
    I like the flair in the show, character could be a bit "rougher" but it is good entertainment! The story line so far is a bit all over the place, each episode seeming to basically stand by itself.
  14. Dec 4, 2011
    I think that the show has great potential. Although I don't know if they portray the lives of the stewardesses correctly, they're spot on with the time period and events going on at that time.
  15. Jan 25, 2012
    I love it! I love the stories and the characters, I would have opted for older pilots but aside from that Michael Mosley and Mike Vogel are doing a great Job!
  16. Feb 19, 2012
    This show is absolutely delightful! I watch very LITTLE TV and the creative plot lines on Pan Am have me truly hooked! I just watched the season finale and truly hope that ABC brings this treat of a TV show back for a second season!
  17. Feb 28, 2012
    i´m delighted with this production encounters only in the great films of cinema, each chapter is better than the last, my congratulations to the producers, hope we have a second season.
  18. Mar 9, 2012
    After concluding season one I must say I am left wanting more. I was unsure if my time would be wasted going into the series, due to the lack of advertising spent on this particular series. However I was pleasantly surprised by the acting, drama and story line. Now I am left with disappointing rumors of the shows possible demise. This TV series has moved me to right this review, my veryAfter concluding season one I must say I am left wanting more. I was unsure if my time would be wasted going into the series, due to the lack of advertising spent on this particular series. However I was pleasantly surprised by the acting, drama and story line. Now I am left with disappointing rumors of the shows possible demise. This TV series has moved me to right this review, my very first review. Expand
  19. Mar 9, 2016
    The hugely successful series was recently awarded internationally. Both Mike Vogel and Goran Visnjic (Dean Lowrey and Niko Lonza) are looking authentic and great. I am mentioning the male cast first on purpose, cause the cover and the whole season is dominated by the female cast. Who can trump Christina Ricci and Margot Robbie? Both actresses are great and they are making this whole thingThe hugely successful series was recently awarded internationally. Both Mike Vogel and Goran Visnjic (Dean Lowrey and Niko Lonza) are looking authentic and great. I am mentioning the male cast first on purpose, cause the cover and the whole season is dominated by the female cast. Who can trump Christina Ricci and Margot Robbie? Both actresses are great and they are making this whole thing more convincing that it already is...
    Who could argue with the "Golden Age Era" of the commercial jets back in the 1960's, when being a pilot was considered as one of the most reputable businesses in the entire country. I will not spoil anything, you are going to have to take a look (or two), and keep up with the story...

1. Reviewed by: Nancy Franklin
    Sep 26, 2011
    The new shows are more concerned with hitting their marks and getting the sociology right than with character, but Pan Am has a bit of style to it, and a note of darkness, and the formula might just work.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Sep 26, 2011
    Pan Am is nostalgic bonbons for the mind, made with the finest ingredients.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Sep 26, 2011
    Right now Pan Am doesn't seem to know exactly what it wants to be; it's experimenting with tone, and seeing what works and what doesn't. That's the kind of attitude that, if done right, should lead to an interesting series. [30 Sep 2011, p.62]