• Network: NBC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.7

1. MartyS
    Nov 10, 2009
    Wow! How this show has definitely impred since season 1. And it keeps getting better as the comedy tightens and the characters get more developed. It's a must watch of the season.
  2. BenP
    Oct 15, 2009
    The first season was pretty average, but it really has grown with the full-season pick up. I hope that NBC keeps it around for a while.
  3. NathanS
    Jan 9, 2010
    This show is just great, I hated the first season, watching Leslie Gnope was torture. I don't know why it took so long to change her but she is now one of my favorite characters on TV. This show is almost equally as good as 30 rock and just short of the Office, Aziz Ansari is hilarious and the entire cast has really been upgraded this season
  4. EricaL
    Sep 29, 2009
    I watched the pilot on a flight just recently and I giggled through the whole episode. I came home and watched most of the first season online and I find the series very amusing. I hope they keep it around!
  5. Mar 11, 2011
    Absolutely love this show. It is always so funny and I love the cast. Amy Poehler is so cute and hilarious. The show is always fun and is great on the NBC Thursday night lineup. I hope we continue to see this show on for along time to come.
  6. Oct 17, 2010
    I can't think of a show that ever so dramatically improved over its first season. Its second season was not only consistently hilarious, but was probably the most consistently funny show on all of television last year. The entire ensemble is fantastic, but Nick Offerman steals every scene he is in and was robbed of an Emmy nomination. "The Hunting Trip" was easily my favorite episode ofI can't think of a show that ever so dramatically improved over its first season. Its second season was not only consistently hilarious, but was probably the most consistently funny show on all of television last year. The entire ensemble is fantastic, but Nick Offerman steals every scene he is in and was robbed of an Emmy nomination. "The Hunting Trip" was easily my favorite episode of the season, but all in all the season was firing on all cylinders. Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2010
    If you liked the first season, you'll love this. If you didn't like the first season then you'll still like this. Vastly improved over what was already a fantastic show this could well be the best thing on TV from the 09-10 season. I can't wait for season 3!
  8. Jan 20, 2011
    Didnt like the show when it first started but stuck with it.Season 2 improved dramatically,and was hilarious from start to finish.Hope they can keep going in season 3.
  9. Jul 27, 2013
    Best comedy on television hands down. Like there's nothing else I can possibly say. If you don't like it then you're probably screwed in the head. Which is fine. Not judging.
  10. Jun 18, 2013
    You can expect literally 20+ laugh out loud moments per episode, and is one of the many things that makes Parks and Rec so great. Every cast member contributes to the show greatly in one way or another, and the situations these characters are put in are hilarious. Great tv comedy.
  11. KF
    Sep 26, 2009
    If the critics think this show is funny and deserves your attention for 30 minutes each week then they have never sat through an entire episode. The show is terrible. Period. Whoever conceived the bit about playing an "air shovel" should be fired immediately. It's a shame because Amy Poehler can be very funny, just not in this not-funny disaster.
  12. Dec 4, 2014
    A big step up from the first season. There are plenty of episodes that had me regularly laughing out loud. The whole building a park plot from the first season is mostly absent here outside of a few references so it does feel like some focus is missing.

It all pays off in then end though by making us like these characters so much more. It's definitely come out from under the influence of "The Office." It does more to establish it's own identity with some surprisingly more raunchy humor. If season 3 sharpens up more on the humor there's a truly amazing sitcom here. It just needs to grow more. My total score for season 2 is a 7.1/10.
  13. May 26, 2013
    After a short but promising six episode opening season I was very much looking Parks and Recreations first full run and I was certainly not disappointed. One of the criticisms leveled at the first season was the fact that many of the supporting cast came across as very one dimensional and that is certainly addressed in a number of well written episodes that explore each of the charactersAfter a short but promising six episode opening season I was very much looking Parks and Recreations first full run and I was certainly not disappointed. One of the criticisms leveled at the first season was the fact that many of the supporting cast came across as very one dimensional and that is certainly addressed in a number of well written episodes that explore each of the characters in more depth. Even the central character of Leslie Knope (played with amazing charm by Poehler) was given the chance to develop further and very few will fail to be drawn in by her endless cheer and optimism even when things are seemingly completely against her.

Of course being a comedy show the most important question will always be is it funny? Well, aside from the odd episode it certainly is, with more than enough humorous moments and one-liners throughout the majority of episodes to keep me laughing and looking forward to picking up season three.
  14. Apr 27, 2014
    Not only is Parks and Recreation: Season 2 a serious improvement to the flawed first "thing" they had in 2008, but it also proves to be a very good comedy show. It is impossible not to compare it with The Office, and while the first season lacked the smart, sharp humour of the previously mentioned show, this season doubles the offer with more extreme jokes, witty political satire and popNot only is Parks and Recreation: Season 2 a serious improvement to the flawed first "thing" they had in 2008, but it also proves to be a very good comedy show. It is impossible not to compare it with The Office, and while the first season lacked the smart, sharp humour of the previously mentioned show, this season doubles the offer with more extreme jokes, witty political satire and pop culture references for all ages. Season 2 of Parks' is also a more deep exploration into the world and its characters. There is not much progress in story arch, but being a comedy, it still offers incredible episodes which are just memorable. The highlights of the season are definitely "Ron and Tammy", "Sister City" and "Park Safety" (Oh, Jerry). Expand
  15. Jun 23, 2016
    ‘Parks and Recreation’ continues to impress – and season 2 shines with its weird personalities, embarrassing characters and hilarious moments. Characters are finally given more time to develop and show their true self and less zombie-alike like what we saw in S01. We finally get to know them, and it really is a ride of fun! The show is full of positivity, not only due to the awesome‘Parks and Recreation’ continues to impress – and season 2 shines with its weird personalities, embarrassing characters and hilarious moments. Characters are finally given more time to develop and show their true self and less zombie-alike like what we saw in S01. We finally get to know them, and it really is a ride of fun! The show is full of positivity, not only due to the awesome characters but also due to the clever story! Sure it’s not always funny nor got a very interesting plot – but it’s the beloved characters that counts!

Overall personal rating for each episode: 73.8/100

Personal rating: 80/100
    Critical rating: 80/100
  16. Aug 24, 2014
    The second season of Parks and Recreation shows a distinct improvement over season one. The writing has become better and the jokes are funnier. All the characters are funny now. They also gave Chris Pratt a lot more screen time and he is the funniest character in my opinion.
  17. Dec 29, 2015
    After it got its full-season pick-up, it could learn from season 1 and strike the right tone with the comedy and overall style. There's so much charm to the characters as this unfolds too especially Leslie and Ron. I'm not so keen on Tom as a character but minor quibble. Love it overall
  18. Jul 3, 2012
    My favorite tv show on tv right now, just AMAZING! Keeps getting better and better. Watch it, you won't regret it. Season 2 will make you laugh non stop!
  19. Nov 29, 2017
    The second season is better than the first one. But is still very much flawed. While it feels like the writers and actors are starting to find their characters, it is a bit too late. It shouldn't take 2-3 seasons to get going. It should take one episode. You might ask yourself why I'm still watching it then. Well, that's because of the hype around the show and the fact that there are someThe second season is better than the first one. But is still very much flawed. While it feels like the writers and actors are starting to find their characters, it is a bit too late. It shouldn't take 2-3 seasons to get going. It should take one episode. You might ask yourself why I'm still watching it then. Well, that's because of the hype around the show and the fact that there are some funny actors in the show. And when you look it up, people usually say "first season is crap, but then it only gets better and better". And so far, yes, they are correct. But it's still a mediocre show. Season one made me laugh once. Season 2 had me going a lot more (could be me just getting used to it), but it was unbearable at times as well.

The only reasons that I keep watching this show beyond season 2 is Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson), Aubrey Plaza (April Ludgate) and Chris Pratt (Andy Dwyer). These three actually get me to laugh. They get me to feel things. There is something there. Potential.

The rest are just off. Their comedic timing is off. Their jokes and their acting feels forced. Especially the lead Amy Poehler (Leslie Knope) and Aziz Ansari (Tom Haverford). Not sure if they eventually get better or if you just get used to them. They are definitely not as funny as they try to be, however. No one really is. Amy should be pulling most of the weight in the show. Like Steve Carell in The Office US. He made every character work. He made every story funny. Sure, he had better material but his acting still made weak moments work. And whenever he wasn't there, the rest of the characters pulled their own weight. Almost all of them could have their own show. They all triggered each other. And Steve led the way. Amy isn't leading the way. She's acting like she is, but she isn't.
    Then we have the truly rotten apples of this show. Rashida Jones (Ann Perkins), especially. I want to shut the show off every time she enters the room. She cannot act, she is not funny and her character doesn't offer anything to the table. I cannot for the life of me understand how she could be casted in this show. Cringe, cringe and more cringe. In a bad way. It is physically painful to watch.
    Add to all that the completely unfunny bullying of Jim O'Heirs character (Jerry Gergich). He is the fat screw-up who everyone picks on all the time. And it's not funny, not ever. It actually has the opposite effect. It makes me feel sorry for him. It makes me hate the other characters. And I'm a guy who loves Michael Scott, Eric Cartman and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. So don't mistake me for a prude. It's just very very off.

I'm still waiting for this show to truly kick off. For Amy and Aziz to hit their jokes right. For the writers to write Rashida out of the show. For some funny crazy-ass events to take place. For Nick, Aubrey and Chris to get larger roles. Maybe get some new weirdo characters into the mix to shake things up. Trigger the others. Because it's all ultimately stale as hell. I really need season 3 to step it up, or I'll give this up. It doesn't feel like it will step up. It doesn't feel like the writers have a lot of jokes and funny stories in them. It feels like the characters have already been bled dry and that the story isn't leading anywhere.

But whatever they may do. Just write Rashida Jones the hell out of the show. Please, please, please. Spare me.
  20. Jan 27, 2016
    Season 2 has to be my favorite one of this series (It might as well be one of my favorite seasons of any comedy). The characters are just pure comedy, specially Leslie and Ron. Season 1 wasn't a lot of fun but season 2 makes the trick.

Overall, Parks appears to be headed in the right direction.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    There's so much to like here. Now, all P&R has to do is become consistently likable.
  3. Parks was disappointing in its first year but tonight's episode and one airing next week--with a storyline inspired by the Henry Louis Gates-cop kerfluffle--show that the program is making steady, funny progress.