• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 9, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.8

1. Feb 7, 2011
    I only just jumped on the Parks & Rec bandwagon after burning through both seasons on DVD, and I gotta say: this show is AMAZING. Amy Poehler is at her absolute best and all of the characters are so quirky and lovable. From Rashida Jones to Aziz Ansari to Chris Pratt and now Rob Lowe. The writing is amazing each episode has me in stitches. Give it a try- you'll love it.
  2. Feb 25, 2011
    I've followed this show since season 1 and can only say this show has surpassed any tv show as the best comedy out there, at least for me. And it keeps getting better. These first few season 3 episodes improve on an already strong Season 2. The writing is sharp, the acting is great and the jokes are hilarious. However, this show manages to be funny while being nice to all of its characters (except Jerry lol). Its nice to have a great hilarious comedy with so much heart Expand
  3. Mar 11, 2011
    Absolutely love this show. It is always so funny and I love the cast. Amy Poehler is so cute and hilarious. The show is always fun and is great on the NBC Thursday night lineup. I hope we continue to see this show on for along time to come. I am so happy to see Adam Scott join the show.
  4. May 2, 2011
    This show is hilarious. Hands down, funniest show on TV. The dry, sarcastic delivery mixed with timely digs at government makes the show pitch perfect.
  5. Apr 7, 2011
    Ron Swanson is the greatest character on TV. This show is just flat out GREAT! Amy does a great job. I hope this replaces the office Time for a MEAT TORNADO
  6. Apr 27, 2011
    This show is just great fun. The characters are funny and likeable and really make the show what it is. I hated the US version of The Office, but this is nothing like it at all. Its great to see such a quirky and original show coming out of America, where the endless pathetic doctor/lawyer/cop shows just keep getting peddled to the mindless masses.
  7. May 26, 2013
    Having taken a few episodes to truly find its feet Parks and Recreation continues to go from strength to strength. Having replaced the rather dull Mark Brendanawicz with the combination of Ben Wyatt and Chris Traeger every character now brings something to the show making for a consistently funny season of feel good comedy.
  8. Apr 30, 2011
    The most clever and funny show currently on television. There is no excuse for not watching this show.The cast blends together so perfectly. Every person that had something to do with this show, brought their A-game. Pure hilarious fun!
  9. May 24, 2011
    I love the NBC Thursday shows, including Parks and Rec. Poehlor is a fantastic actress and so is the rest of Tue cast. Behind Community this is my favorite show, and I am very happy with the improvements it has made through the 3 seasons.
  10. Jun 16, 2011
    As a fan of the series from its beginning, I have seen Parks and Rec go from decent to fantastic. Season 3 continues this shows legacy as the funniest, smartest, and sweetest sitcom currently on TV. No other show on television has as many laughs per episode as Parks and Rec. No show has characters as interesting and lovable. No other show creates a town as real and like able as Pawnee. Step aside, Springfield, Pawnee is now TV's most beloved town. Parks and Recreation Season 3 is easily the best show on TV. If you haven't yet seen it, you are missing out on a lot of laughs. Expand
  11. Jun 23, 2011
    Consistently hilarious, with lovable characters who never fail to deliver. Who doesn't love the comic mayhem, and the wonderful drama of the Leslie-Ben romantic situation? Literally awesome.
  12. Oct 25, 2011
    Absolutely hilarious! One of the best Television seasons of all time right up there with The Office seasons 2-4, Spongebob seasons 1-3 and South Park seasons 4-14. There's so much heart and constant comedy. PnR has rightfully secured it's place as the funniest and best show on TV
  13. Aug 30, 2011
    Best comedy currently on television. Why do I say that? Two reasons: Amy Poehler. Ron Swanson. Everything is said.
  14. Sep 23, 2011
    This is season was absolutely incredible. Amy Poehler was, like the first two seasons, perfect; but unlike the rest of the series, this season was perfect on all counts. It was hilarious when season 2 was sometimes funny and sometimes boring and it created a universe of its own when season 1 was just an awful wore-down version of The Office US (which was already, as we all know, a wore-down version of The Office UK).

In short: thumbs WAY up.
  15. Oct 20, 2011
    Love it! Third season was flawless. Every episode was fantastic. The worst episode was still great. They deserved the Emmy instead of Modern Family, big time.
  16. Jul 3, 2012
    Parks and Rec does it again! This season is so incredible, it will make you laugh so much. Amy Poehler is just phenomenal, all the cast from Aziz Ansari to Nick Offerman are amazing. Give this show a try, I promise you won't regret it!
  17. Nov 16, 2012
    This is one of my favorite shows of all the time. Season 3 of Parks and Rec is probably my favorite season of all comedy series, I rewatched each episode about 2 or 3 times because every episode this season is gold. The cast is incredible, not one of them are boring in anyway, each character is incredibly funny in their own way.. The stories are so great and the humor is just top notch. 10/10. I highly recommend this show. Expand
  18. Apr 27, 2014
    Forget everything bad about the first season and everything better in the second. Parks and Rec is a show that gets better as it ages, like a fine whisky or a beef stew. Funnier, somehow raunchier and even more deep in terms of exploration with the world and characters, and with a more profound story arch, this season of Parks does something very little comedies can...And that is prove binge-worthy. Watch it in one seating, and you will get a more intense connection with the characters, the world, and the non-stop flow of pointy jokes. Poehler proves a capable lead, but with two seasons in, every character starts to be relevant to the show's quality, including Nick Offerman's ultra manly Ron Swanson, Aubrey Plaza's darkly comedic April, Chris Pratt' inmature boy Andy Dwyer, O'Riley's unfortunate Jerry and Retta and Aziz Anzari's powerhouse duo that is the one of Tom and Donna.
    Parks and Rec is beginning to shape up as one of the best comedies in television. Just watch it improve and be proud with me.
  19. Aug 28, 2014
    This season is not as funny as season two in my opinion. There is a bit more focus on relationships between the character than there is jokes and laughs. I really like the addition of Ben as a character. I thought Nick Offerman became funnier and funnier as the season went on and he has become one of my favorite characters. Season 4 here we come!

1. Reviewed by: Nancy DeWolf Smith
    Feb 4, 2011
    It consistently pokes fun at our culture and foibles in ways that are clever and sometimes sharp but never mean.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jan 24, 2011
    Parks, in a sense, is Li'l Sebastian: shaggy, small-boned, charming and lovably stupid. [31 Jan 2011, p.39]
  3. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jan 20, 2011
    Poehler has great skill at delivering outrageous lines in a droll deadpan. That sets the tone for a cast, including Lowe and Scott, with similar abilities. Too many of the sketches, though, cross that fine but visible line between bemused absurdity and slapstick.