• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 9, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.6

1. Dec 5, 2011
    Just wanted to throw up another 10 for this wonderful half hour of televised comedy. I absolutely adore this show and it deserves every plaudit solicited from fans and critics alike. If you haven't seen this show, give it a chance! The last five episodes are always up on hulu.com for free and you the viewer can be the judge. Engage with Zorp!
  2. Sep 17, 2012
    It's just amazing to see a show come this far. What started out as a pretty good alternative to "The Office" has become a touching, brilliantly acted, hilarious piece of television and one of my favorites ever.
  3. May 26, 2013
    With Leslie Knope now running for office Parks and Recreation’s fourth season is arguably not quite as sharp as the previous two but thanks to its excellent cast of comedy characters it remains a very funny show indeed.
  4. Sep 24, 2011
    Another fantastic season to an emmy deserving show! This season looks amazing and this year its going get the emmy!! Hopefully it'l go back to season 2 humor and not season 3. KNOPE 2012!!
  5. Sep 23, 2011
    Fantastic start to what will be a great season. The writers waste no time here in creating a story that is going to be both hilarious and dramatic at the same time. The cast is at it's best, which is saying something considering how good they have recently been. Fantastic show, recommended for everyone.
  6. Sep 23, 2011
    Brilliant television show. Fantastically written and acted. Severely underrated and should be watched by many more people. The storylines are intriguing and fantastic.
  7. Sep 23, 2011
    This is not a review as much as a question. How is it that April and Andy can be married and work for the Parks and Rec, but Leslie and Ben could not date? This show is among the wittiest and sometimes hysterical shows on TV. I love that it the humor is fast-paced and edgy. They pulled off an episode with a "penis" issue, without making it sound like bathroom humor. Love it!
  8. Sep 30, 2011
    Anybody who doesn't like this show has clearly never seen it or never given it a chance. It blows Modern Family, Glee, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men and any sitcom on TV right now out of the water. Those who berate it are probably fans of The Big Bang Theory and/or The Real Housewives (shows that have no quality). Time to evolve, people. Learn what quality television is.
  9. Oct 1, 2011
    Easily the best show on television. Everybody is perfectly cast and the writing is crisp and top-notch. None of the jokes fall flat and every character has a good motive.
  10. Oct 1, 2011
    My favorite Thursday night show :). So funny. Amy Poehler is gonna be the next Betty White. Ron Swanson is the man. I literally get chills watching this.
  11. Oct 2, 2011
    I don't get how people don't like this show. It appeals to all kinds of people. I love sports but I find this show entertaining. It's smartly and perfectly written in a beautiful fashion. The characters have good intentions and help each other through everything. The ensemble is fantastic and Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman are incredible performers playing characters that haven't been seen on sitcoms in years. Truly a show that will go down as one of the greatest. Expand
  12. Oct 2, 2011
    Why is this not the highest rated comedy on TV? It is the highest quality when it comes to writing, performing and craft so it should have the highest ratings to go along with it. NBC needs to support the hell out of this because this will go down in history as one of the best.
  13. Oct 3, 2011
    This is far and ahead the greatest show currently on TV. Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman use their amazing acting skills to lead one of the most talented and skilled ensembles on television. There is great chemistry between the cast members and they are glued together by the magic of crisp writing. As mentioned in another review, the only people who don't like this are probably fans of The Big Bang Theory, who don't know quality television. The only people who give this a negative score are high or just stupid. This will go down in history as one of the greatest shows to ever air on television and I'm glad to be one of the few people who watched it before it was too late. Expand
  14. Oct 3, 2011
    Greatest. Show. Ever. The two people who gave this a negative review are high off their heads. Everything about this show is beyond brilliant. NBC's shining star.
  15. Oct 6, 2011
    Incredible, incredible, incredible. The only quality show left on TV. It is beyond funny, sweet and has an amazing cast that is unbeatable. You have to have no soul to not like this show. People who don't like this are fans of The Big Bang Theory. I can't get over how incredible this show is.
  16. Oct 6, 2011
    I am 47 year old woman, and my 13 year old twin sons love to watch this with me. It is a show for all ages and all genders. I have loved Amy Poehler since her early SNL days and her fans will not be disappointed with this show. She truly is the queen of comedy.
  17. Oct 6, 2011
    I am HUGE fan of The Office (see my username) and I would like to dispel rumors that this is an Office wannabe. These shows are COMPLETELY different. Parks and Rec is WAYYY funnier than The Office, The Big Bang Theory (the worst comedy series ever), 30 Rock, Modern Family and any other show on TV. It has the highest quality factor and Amy Poehler is a comedy genius. Truly a brilliant show.
  18. Oct 6, 2011
    Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are incredible. This and 30 Rock are the best shows on TV. WHY DON'T PEOPLE WATCH THEM? I love this show. I love this show soooo much.
  19. Oct 6, 2011
    Amy Poehler = Comedy Genius. EVERYBODY WATCH THIS SHOW. There is nothing wrong with it. It blows any other comedy on TV out of the water. Written so well.
  20. Oct 6, 2011
    The only show on television that I still enjoy. It reminds me of old-time television, back when things like Frasier and Friends were the big cheese. I hope the ratings go up and the entire cast wins Emmy's.
  21. Oct 6, 2011
    I am in college and I adore this show. Amy Poehler is a beautiful, comical genius who shares her comical brilliance with the incredibly talented cast of Parks and Recreation. It's an amazing show, a truly amazing show.
  22. Oct 6, 2011
    This is a show that just makes you love life. It is incredibly funny and extremely quirky in a good way. Amy Poehler is a stunningly good actress for a comedian, and she deserves an Emmy immediately.
  23. Oct 6, 2011
    Why didn't this win the Emmy for Best Comedy? It is continuously the best show on television, week after week. It's too bad the ratings are low. Everyone should watch this.
  24. Oct 9, 2011
    Looooovvvveeeeee it. Ben is super cute, Leslie is hilarious, Ron is the man, Tommy is smooth, April and Andy are awesome. There's nothing not to like.
  25. Oct 9, 2011
    My daughter watches this regularly. I watched one episode with her and I am intrigued at how fantastic it is. I'm surprised this show isn't wildly popular. It really is funny and is really different from The Office. Amy Poehler was the shining star of SNL and she hasn't lost any of that hilarity yet.
  26. Oct 9, 2011
    Watch this with my roommates all the time. We are 19 year old college guys and we love it. We made shirts with Ron Swanson's face on it. We have riots of laughter watching this every week.
  27. Oct 9, 2011
    My little toddler smiles whenever he hears the theme song to this show! It's really sweet and funny, a great show to watch to put you in a good mood after a bad day.
  28. Oct 14, 2011
    Love this show love parks and recreation love leslie knope love ron swanson love parks and recreation. This is a really funny show on nbc at 830 its really funny love parks and recreation.
  29. Oct 14, 2011
    After a long Thursday of dealing with rude customers, nothing relaxes me more than sitting back and watching a nice, hilarious episode of Parks and Recreation. The heart and the good, smart humor that this show has is enough to make me happy within five minutes. I look forward to it every day.
  30. Oct 14, 2011
    Every week, this show knocks it out of the park. It has proven time and time again why it is superior to all other shows on television and why it was ripped off by the Emmy's. There is nothing not to like about this show. The characters are brilliant, witty and smart. It's a show that defines this generation, which is ironic because so few people watch it.
  31. Oct 14, 2011
    Why this has such low ratings I will never understand. Week after week it creates gut-busting laughter. I agree that it defines this generation, and is far and ahead the best show on TV. WATCH THIS SHOW.
  32. Oct 14, 2011
    It's not just sad that this show gets such low ratings, it's depressing. Why do Americans tune into crap shows like Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory but they completely write this show off. This is the best show on television and it's time that America's eyes were opened to this.
  33. Oct 14, 2011
    Real like parks and recreation. Real real funny show also real dramatic sometimes but usualy real funny. Parks recreation is real funny show, it my favorite show on t.v.
  34. Oct 27, 2011
    THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST UNDERRATED SHOW ON T.V. IT TAKES WHAT WORKS ON THE OFFICE FOR EVERYONE AND LEAVES WHAT DOESN'T WORK FOR THE NON-DIEHARD FANS OF THE OFFICE WHO JUST DONT GET THE BRILLIANCE AND CREATES ITS OWN SPIN LEAD BY A HILARIOUS SET OF GENIUS PERFORMANCES INCLUDUNG THE UNDERSTATED NURSE PLAYED BY RASHIDA JONES AND THE SMART ASS THAT IS AUBREY PLAZA AND BRINGING ON ADAM SCOTT WORKED WONDERS. THIS SHOW IS HILARIOUS, THE WRITING IS WONDERFUL, THE CHEMISTRY IS UNIQUE AND CHARMING!!!! I LOVEEEEEE LESLIE NOPE AND I ADOREEE AMY POEHLER!!!!! Expand
  35. Nov 2, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant. Everybody who gave a negative review is high on something. Like this page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Air-Parks-and-Recreation-After-The-SuperBowl-Instead-of-The-Voice/307024015990306?sk=wall.
  36. Dec 15, 2011
    Season four has been awesome. TREAT YO SELF! and watch this show! By season four all of the character's quirks are well established, and the writers have focused on progressing the storyline of the main character, Leslie Knope, which has been very rewarding. We still get the hilarity of the supporting cast, but more as they support Leslie's storyline, and less as they run off on their own tangents. It's such a great show. Expand
  37. Jan 22, 2012
    This show, unlike other comedies, has had me laugh out loud at twice per episode. This season is so far the best of the series. Amy Poehler is the funniest person on TV right now. Nick Offerman is also very funny. The story lines are also great.
  38. Feb 5, 2012
    PARKS AND RECREATION is the funniest show ever! All of the characters are awesome! I'm afraid to laugh sometimes because I'll think that im missing another joke. RON SWANSON IS AWESOME.
  39. Apr 27, 2014
    Thus far, the best season this each-time increasingly better comedy has put on TV. As binge-worthy, character based and relentlessly funny as its previous season, Parks' fourth season has the most memorable episodes, the most coherent plot and the most tummy-aching jokes I have seen on a comedy show in many years. It balances silliness, wittiness, sugar and red-hot pepper in such a way rarely any series on TV do. It is quality television, no doubt about it. Seeing the campaign process for Leslie is also daunting and entertaining. You will find yourself wanting to watch all of it at once. It is really that great. Season 1 was a big letdown, and now season 4 proves they are not looking back. Expand
  40. Apr 24, 2014
    Fantastic show with hilarious moments. It's not just a comedy but follows a continuing plot over multiple episodes that will really pay-off for long time fans and new comers will also find it easy to catch up and find the jokes to be well thought and entertaining.
  41. Sep 4, 2014
    Season four was the best yet. As good as any other sitcom on television. I find this season better because it gives us a saga to follow throughout the season but it is still tremendously funny. All the characters continue to improve year by year. This season I found Ron picked up a lot of depth and he got far more funny as well. This show may have reached just reached its peak.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: Mike Lechevallier
    Sep 22, 2011
    With a cast as ostensibly close-knit and in-tune as these actors are, season four of Parks and Recreation illustrates just how far the series has come from its mediocre beginnings, and could very well take it to even greater, and funnier, places.