Parks and Recreation : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.7

1. ZachD
    May 8, 2009
    This is a very poor rip-off of The Office. It's mostly unfunny with a few moments of actual comedy interspersed throughout. I'll be surprised if this is back for a full second season.
  2. SheckyJ
    Dec 18, 2009
    Amy Poehler proves without a doubt that she lacks any true acting or comedic skills. One must conclude that the staying power of this show thus far has more to do with her network of NBC brass than with talent or viewership.
  3. LukeS
    Apr 17, 2009
    I've watched both episodes, and I tried to like it, and did not succeed. The problem I found was that it's too quiet, there's not enough going on to keep you interested. Another issue was the characters- they aren't characterized well. They have surfaces - character archetypes - but I failed to find any depth. Amy Poehler is out of her element here, she's supposed I've watched both episodes, and I tried to like it, and did not succeed. The problem I found was that it's too quiet, there's not enough going on to keep you interested. Another issue was the characters- they aren't characterized well. They have surfaces - character archetypes - but I failed to find any depth. Amy Poehler is out of her element here, she's supposed to be tough, not wishy washy. If only her enthusiastic optimism was gung-ho fervor instead, then her character would be interesting. One excuse I have heard for high ratings is that it's going to get better- but this is a review of the show right now. Any show could fluctuate at any time. Potential and promise are insufficient reasons for a high score, only a mediocre score. I did not see any potential other than if the characters were rewritten. Expand
  4. KathleenV
    May 17, 2009
    I decided to watch this show because I really enjoy Amy Peohler's comedy and my son 's impro teacher is on the show. ...But I will not watch it again unless the writers stop their stereotyping of people over 60. I consider my self a fairly attractive 60 yr. old who exercises and does not need naps in the middle of concerts. I am employed as a Special Education teacher and keep I decided to watch this show because I really enjoy Amy Peohler's comedy and my son 's impro teacher is on the show. ...But I will not watch it again unless the writers stop their stereotyping of people over 60. I consider my self a fairly attractive 60 yr. old who exercises and does not need naps in the middle of concerts. I am employed as a Special Education teacher and keep up with all the younger staff. Perhaps NBC doesn't care about the baby boomers. What about Hillary Clinton, Amy? Expand
  5. MickR
    Nov 9, 2009
    I really enjoy 30 Rock and The Office (US), but this show is just not funny. I really can't get into it after several attempts.
  6. ChrisC.
    Apr 12, 2009
    Greg Daniels, creator of 'Parks and Recreations,' must have thought that creating an original and funny sitcom would be as easy as bringing an already successful British show (The Office) to America. The problem is: he was wrong. 'P and R' presents a mix of mediocre and good talent with a poorly written pilot episode. The faux-documentary style and mix of slapstick Greg Daniels, creator of 'Parks and Recreations,' must have thought that creating an original and funny sitcom would be as easy as bringing an already successful British show (The Office) to America. The problem is: he was wrong. 'P and R' presents a mix of mediocre and good talent with a poorly written pilot episode. The faux-documentary style and mix of slapstick with embarrassing social unawareness worked well with both the British "Office" and the American version, but does not work in "P and R." As much as I like Amy Poehler, she does not make this show worth watching. Please watch some old repeats of "The Office" or watch the original British series. Don't waste your time. Expand
  7. RonaldB
    Jun 15, 2009
    Candidly, It's just not that good of a show. It has all of the promise of being good, but fails to really establish any genuine interest in it's characters. IMO, you can watch it, but there are at least a hundred things I'd rather be watching.
  8. Nov 1, 2011
    How can this even be classed as comedy? Clearly a cheap rip-off of The Office (as with nearly all 'mockumentary' shows). I can understand the premise behind it but if people were actually this inept at what is supposedly their job they wouldn't work for more than a week at best in any job. I can't watch a full episode, it's just cringe-worthy stuff
  9. Apr 30, 2014
    Let me guess Poehler and Offerman do a show about their comedy on drugs . is'nt what the show is about? . the show is an insult to People's addictions of drugs but adding Poehler and Offerman just made it worst by their dumb comedy . They can not make thier hometown any better with their dumb ass comedy ?

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Series creators Greg Daniels and Michael Schur provide the show with moments of dry wit, and Poehler certainly has acting oblivious down to a wide-eyed science. Yet there's no escaping that this feels like "Office Lite," thrown together as a vehicle for the star rather than out of any grand inspiration.
    All in all, it might be worth sticking with Parks and Recreation, because there are lots of funny little moments that could add up to a great series.
  3. While I laughed out loud only a few times during Parks' pilot, I dug the performances, the attitude, and the atmosphere that's being created.