• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 9, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
7.7

1. Nov 1, 2011
    How can this even be classed as comedy? Clearly a cheap rip-off of The Office (as with nearly all 'mockumentary' shows). I can understand the premise behind it but if people were actually this inept at what is supposedly their job they wouldn't work for more than a week at best in any job. I can't watch a full episode, it's just cringe-worthy stuff
  2. Jul 17, 2013
    Parks and Recreation used Season one as a way to establish how the characters will be they also needed time to find their voice, but did quite the opposite. The show wasn't trying at all to be unique, in fact, it was too similar to The Office. They need more time to hone their voice.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Series creators Greg Daniels and Michael Schur provide the show with moments of dry wit, and Poehler certainly has acting oblivious down to a wide-eyed science. Yet there's no escaping that this feels like "Office Lite," thrown together as a vehicle for the star rather than out of any grand inspiration.
  2. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    All in all, it might be worth sticking with Parks and Recreation, because there are lots of funny little moments that could add up to a great series.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    While I laughed out loud only a few times during Parks' pilot, I dug the performances, the attitude, and the atmosphere that's being created.