Parks and Recreation : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.7

1. GREGK
    Jun 15, 2009
    I've never watched "office" so I a virgin to this comedic genre. Nevertheless, after watching a few shows the characters are funny quircky,amusing and I enjoy all their personalities. Although I don't see him much but, the City Manager(Offerman?)is my favorite. I'm always looking forward to his out of right field(ultraconservative)extreme dialogue.
  2. Nov 10, 2010
    Parks and rec is vastly superior to the office in every way. This show is absolute perfection and comedic genius. You really must give it a chance, and if you are a fan of TV which i know you are, you will do yourself a favor and watch this. Great acting, writing and just plain hilarious this show has everything going for it.
  3. Jan 20, 2011
    Parks and Rec is incredibly well-written, acted, and produced. It is hilarious. The characters are great, and the actors that play them our outstanding. I'm so glad NBC brought this show back.
  4. StevenK
    May 10, 2009
    Each show gets better and better. The show is hilarious. In fact, I may even find it funnier than The Office (I know, blasphemy). People should ignore the initial reviews, and really give this show a chance!
  5. JoeN
    Jan 25, 2010
    A show with one of the most talented and well-scripted ensembles ever and certainly the best of running comedies! With each episode, nearly all members have improved their performance and added depth to their character.
  6. greg
    Nov 17, 2009
    absolutely hilarious, gets better each ep. this show needs to stay right where it is!
  7. AndyR
    Apr 23, 2009
    A little too similar to The Office at times, but at the same time has a personality and heart all it's own. A funny concept, well executed and very entertaining.
  8. JoshF
    Apr 29, 2009
    This show is a wonderful example of postmodern values: creating a satire of what we view modern politics as, pushing a non-traditional view of personal interrelationships, and gives us great irony and paradox with Amy's character. It is a pleasure to watch and laugh at!
  9. Oct 28, 2010
    This show really hits its stride later on. I suggest starting with Season 2, then watching Season 1. It's impossible to not draw comparisons to The Office since they're practically identical in format and share writers, but the formula works as beautifully in a public works setting as it did inside a stuffy office. Each of the characters in this ensemble cast are funny and unique; RonThis show really hits its stride later on. I suggest starting with Season 2, then watching Season 1. It's impossible to not draw comparisons to The Office since they're practically identical in format and share writers, but the formula works as beautifully in a public works setting as it did inside a stuffy office. Each of the characters in this ensemble cast are funny and unique; Ron Swanson and April Ludgate possibly being the funniest of the bunch. Watch this show! Expand
  10. Feb 24, 2011
    Liked it immediately. The cast is well-chosen and the comedy they present to the viewer is maybe something of an acquired taste for some (considering the negative reviews), but still, to me it's very funny in its own left-field way. The Ron Swanson character is a future cult-classic. Other favourite series (for reference): Arrested Development, Community, Curb Your Enthousiasm, Louie, 30Rock, ...
  11. Apr 18, 2011
    'Kay, here's the deal: if you like intelligent comedy featuring more than two female characters who *gasp* don't exist solely to provide naked scenery, you will probably love Parks and Rec. If you want something more Married With Children, go watch Married With Children.
  12. Jul 3, 2012
    The first season of Parks and Rec. doesn't make justice to the tv show. After season one, the other four season are HILARIOUS, best sitcom I have seen for a long time. If you start seeing this tv show don't give up one the first season, because the other seasons are a masterpiece
  13. Diego
    Apr 12, 2009
    The show has amazing potential. While it's very "The Office" I'll have to echo the critics in saying that it will surely find its own voice in the upcoming episodes. And with the immense talent of Amy Pohler, we just may have another great prime time comedy.
  14. MaxM
    Apr 14, 2009
    I think that its a good thing that the show is office style. I wouldn't say its a copy just the same the redone differently. We have had these "laugh track" comedies for to long these types of shows are the future for comedy in my opinion.
  15. Sep 23, 2011
    A comparison with The Office is completely understandable since both shows are filmed in a similar way. Amy Poehler is a comedic genius surrounded by a cast that definitely know their art and know how to be supporting actors. I can understand that this type of humour is not for everyone but I can honestly say that this show is one that keeps you coming back and has you asking for more.
  16. Dec 15, 2011
    This show is amazing. Beyond amazing. This show is the best comedy on television. Bow down to the queen, and for once, I don't mean Tina Fey. Amy Poehler kills it. The supporting cast kills it. Ron Swanson might be the best supporting character on television. Every week this show is solid. I hope it goes on forever. I want to grow old with this show.
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    This is simple one of the best show i ever watch! Every character is so well done. I think a lot of people is judging the show just for the first season. But the beauty of this show is that every season gets better and better! 10 / 10 !
  18. May 22, 2011
    I started out watching this show thinking it was an Office rip-off, and in the first few episodes it definitely feels like that. I mean, many of the people who worked for The Office migrated to this show, and it's got the same talking head format. So of course I made that immediate comparison, which turned me off to it initially. But the places they have taken all of the characters, andI started out watching this show thinking it was an Office rip-off, and in the first few episodes it definitely feels like that. I mean, many of the people who worked for The Office migrated to this show, and it's got the same talking head format. So of course I made that immediate comparison, which turned me off to it initially. But the places they have taken all of the characters, and the stories they've woven around them are just fantastic, engrossing and entertaining. After a while you feel like these people are your good friends and you're peeking in on drama in their lives. That's how it was with The Office at first, but ever since about the end of the 4th season it all started feeling really contrived and I stopped caring about the characters, and they haven't been developing them with the kind of depth that they are developing the characters in Parks and Rec. I love everyone in this cast! Ron and April really stand out to me. Also, while we're making Office/Parks comparisons, one thing that stands out about Parks is that they don't focus on just one central character like in The Office with Michael. I mean, Leslie is the central character but she does not dominate like Michael does. It really feels like an ensemble cast, rather than a lead actor and supporting actors. SO! If you were put off by the first few episodes, or even just the first season, give it another chance, you will NOT regret it. Expand
  19. Dec 11, 2011
    My wife and I started the show early on. I quit for awhile but the current material is so much better. The quirky ongoing inside jokes such as 'little sebastian' the horse, Ron Swanson's ex wife Tammy 2 and Ron's fear of the Government make she show very funny for followers. The dark humor of April is a special jewel for the show. Definitely check this out.
  20. Jan 14, 2013
    This review and gangster squad review confirm critics know nothing about anything. This is the best show on TV, you need to watch a couples of episodes before you really appreciate it. Who cares if it's "the same" as the office? And its not!
  21. Apr 14, 2014
    Cannot get enough of this show! Finally, a sitcom on TV where all the jokes are not about people being mean to each other. Great diverse cast. Keep in coming!
  22. Mar 11, 2011
    Absolutely love this show. It is always so funny and I love the cast. Amy Poehler is so cute and hilarious. The show is always fun and is great on the NBC Thursday night lineup. I hope we continue to see this show on for along time to come.
  23. nbc
    Aug 17, 2010
    Parks and Recreation has soared above and beyond The Office creatively and comically wise. Amy Poehler is perfection as Leslie Knope and Aubrey Plaza is a scene stealer as April Ludgate. If you didn't like it at first, check it out once more. It has improved tremendously. You have to watch this show!
  24. Oct 17, 2010
    The very short first season was a disappointment. With the creators of The Office and the comedic talent in front of the camera, it simply did not live up to its pedigree. That being said, I was rooting for the show throughout the season, and there were certainly glimmers of hope and was worth watching. The episodes were very inconsistent, but Amy Poehler can make anything worth watching.
  25. May 6, 2014
    I love Parks & Rec. Amy Poehler is hilarious and lovable in her role as Leslie Knope. I ended up loving many of the P&R characters. Actually, that's what makes it unique as a sitcom. I grew really quite fond of the characters along with being very funny. I cried during some episodes, happy tears, sad tears. How many sitcoms can carry that off?

Wow! No wonder Parks & Rec hasn't won

Wow! No wonder Parks & Rec hasn't won awards. The critics don't like it. Boo critics!
  26. Jul 14, 2011
    Next to Bored To Death, this might be the funniest show on television. Nearly every character is a riot, and the writing keeps getting better and better.
  27. May 1, 2015
    Parks and Rec is pretty good. It's funny, timing is great, the characters all interact pretty well, and there's very little I'd change in the end. The first season was rough, but it smoothed out pretty quickly and found its wings. Even Ann, the often least appreciated character, had her place as the straight man that elevated the antics of all of the other characters. Most say the show isParks and Rec is pretty good. It's funny, timing is great, the characters all interact pretty well, and there's very little I'd change in the end. The first season was rough, but it smoothed out pretty quickly and found its wings. Even Ann, the often least appreciated character, had her place as the straight man that elevated the antics of all of the other characters. Most say the show is too much like "The Office" but I didn't care for the office. I found its general cynicism and roughness of the characters to be too off-putting for me. That's what I liked most about Parks and Rec. Sure the characters had flaws, but they were people and they seemed to all understand that. There's a base level of respect between the characters that you don't see often in sitcoms, and I appreciated it.

I'd recommend watching it if you're just looking for something light-hearted and fun and not too much else, because that's exactly what this delivers.
  28. Nov 18, 2014
    Definitely seems inspired by The Office with the way they shoot their scenes and the constant cut away to a single character talking to the camera. That being said, As a whole it isn't bad. A few laughable moments through out, Just a fun show to watch. A little rough through out season 1 but it's only 6 episodes so it's bare-able. If you are going to give it a shot, At least sit throughDefinitely seems inspired by The Office with the way they shoot their scenes and the constant cut away to a single character talking to the camera. That being said, As a whole it isn't bad. A few laughable moments through out, Just a fun show to watch. A little rough through out season 1 but it's only 6 episodes so it's bare-able. If you are going to give it a shot, At least sit through the whole first season before deciding to give it up or not. It's really not that bad of a comedy, Just a bit rough around the edges. Expand
  29. Jul 27, 2013
    My favorite comedy sitcom. I love all the characters and every week I smile after watching an episode. Looking forward to the new season and more Bert Macklin.
  30. Jan 28, 2015
    A Fantastic GEM of Television, that improves with each passing episode, and season. It just keeps getting better and better. The cast is amazing, the characters they play are fantastic, and the dialog is the kind you quote during your work day. Lot's of heart, great humor, and a truly worth while set of story arcs. This is a show not to be missed. Office fans? This is Office #2, andA Fantastic GEM of Television, that improves with each passing episode, and season. It just keeps getting better and better. The cast is amazing, the characters they play are fantastic, and the dialog is the kind you quote during your work day. Lot's of heart, great humor, and a truly worth while set of story arcs. This is a show not to be missed. Office fans? This is Office #2, and that's a GOOD thing. It may actually be BETTER than The Office. And that is saying a lot! "Damn it Jerry!" Expand
  31. Aug 11, 2014
    This show is just as good as any other comedy on television. Amy Poehler is great in the lead role. I get a big kick out of Chris Pratt, he is probably my favorite character on the show and overall the premise is very original and funny. I'm going to check out the next season for sure!
  32. Sep 10, 2014
    This show is hilarious. It will put you in a good mood, and help to see government in a positive light (which we could use these days.) It is fun and entertaining.
  33. Feb 3, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Favorite show of all time. It's hilarious, and full of laughter. Andy and April are the cutest dorkiest couple ever, and just... Watch this show, it's worth your time. Expand
  34. Aug 8, 2015
    This is the only tv show i could give a 10/10. The amazing cast full of lovable characters and top shelf writing combine to make something truly special and unique. With a wide array of characters with extremely varying personalities and some of the best jokes on TV this show is a MUST WATCH!!

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Series creators Greg Daniels and Michael Schur provide the show with moments of dry wit, and Poehler certainly has acting oblivious down to a wide-eyed science. Yet there's no escaping that this feels like "Office Lite," thrown together as a vehicle for the star rather than out of any grand inspiration.
  2. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    All in all, it might be worth sticking with Parks and Recreation, because there are lots of funny little moments that could add up to a great series.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    While I laughed out loud only a few times during Parks' pilot, I dug the performances, the attitude, and the atmosphere that's being created.