• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2012
  • Season #: 1
5.3

1. Oct 6, 2012
    First of all, I really like David Krumholtz, that's why I checked out the show in the first place, but I barely managed to make it through one and a half episodes of it. To make it short: This is one unfunny show. I didn't laugh once.
    There is one question that's bothering me: Who green-lit this? It's just mind boggling.
    Krumholtz may be a good actor but he's no comedian, so why cast him
    for a lead role in a sitcom?
    Michael Urie is doing a pretty stereotyped and slightly annoying version of a gay guy and his attempts at making his character "flamboyant" mostly look like overacting.
    At least the laugh track is not too terrible but most of the times I heard the laughter I asked myself who would find those lines funny?
    The other characters in the show are forgettable. And we know that Krumholtz's character is engaged to a woman he doesn't love. He even wanted to break up with her but got weak and actually proposed (!!) to her instead. That's one depressing setup for a sitcom.
    Don't waste your time on this show, it's going to be cancelled anyway. Why Krumholtz took that role escapes me. If it's just because of the paycheck, I wonder what he blows all his money for.
  2. JBM
    Oct 19, 2012
    David Krumholtz alone is holding the audiance for this show. For a show to be successful, the characters have be likeable. Krumholtz is but that is about it. He is the only one on the cast that seems at ease with actually acting. The first episodes so far have the rest of the cast mugging and shouting their lines. The obnoxious laugh track and end of scene clapping only makes it harder to give this mess a chance. This show might be fixable because the dialog is cleverly written at times. But they have to calm this train wreck down and quit being a gay pride parade only. Expand
  3. Sep 25, 2012
    It's charming on the outside, but you see that charm become irritating on the inside.
    The latest tv show by once acclaimed writers& creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick tries so hard to live up to a show that was royalty years ago - Will & Grace. The thing that's possibly most insulting in this pilot is how these two writers try to put into one of the main characters "Louis" so many
    attributes that BELONGED to characters of Will &Grace - Will's consistent control over every situation, and his need to show off and embellish his boyfriend; Jacks quirky comebacks, including lines that were used on W&G, This characters relation with his secretary overly similar to Jack's and Karen, and Graces constant need to attract attention to herself. All of these are tightly contained into one big, over-the-top irritating character.
    The writers try so hard to make the relationship between these protagonist cute and fun, but it turns out to be overacted by both actors, and just seems to have 'fake' spread all around it.
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    My score corresponds to the number of times I chuckled during the second episode (the pilot was an even bigger mess), and it was mostly owing to Ally's cousin/assistant. Considering she was probably part of only a one-off gag, there's little reason for me to watch the show again.
  5. Sep 26, 2012
    I only gave this show a rating of 2 because I liked David Krumholtz in Numb3rs and 10 Things I Hate About You. The show is almost indescribably due to the horrible acting by the rest of the actors. Michael Urie's character is just too gay and not in a funny way. He is rather annoying to say the least. What has happened to Brandon Routh, how far must an actor fall from grace? Superman to Chuck and not this! I kinda feel sorry for him. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Sep 28, 2012
    The creators can be held responsible for enlarging the quantity of execrably written works on this theme [gay-themed sitcoms].
  2. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Sep 25, 2012
    I expect more from the creators of "Will & Grace" than this lackluster comedy.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Sep 25, 2012
    Partners plays like an idea written on a napkin, if that, and looks like it's from another era (a long past era, if that wasn't clear).