• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2012
  • Season #: 1
5.3

1. Nov 17, 2013
    I don't care what the critics or other people are saying, Partners (sadly) was the funniest new comedy on TV last year! Michael Urie might exaggerate things here and there, but the whole dynamic of the show is just working at its best. I can't even believe that people think the show is bad because the critics say so. Shame on CBS for cancelling the show!
  2. Nov 29, 2012
    From the moment I laid eyes upon this sitcom, I couldn't help but think to myself, "Man, this tries so hard to be like 'Will & Grace'!" and guess what? I WAS RIGHT!

Look, we all admit that we loved kitsch stereotype humor when being gay and on television was a career ending thing, but was our little guilty pleasure because everyone just loves an underdog, and no one does underdog
    better than a flamboyant, gay character.

I agree that Michael Urie is comedic genius whose portrayal as a gay man all but validates me as a gay man, but I didn't read a single review and I too thought "Wow, there is just no chemistry between the gay characters (Wyatt's Brandon Routh...and who didn't LOVE the Superman/Clark Kent reference in Episode 2? It's just too bad Brandon bases Wyatt on Christopher Reeve's Clark Kent...pretty sad when you think about it) and when the straight characters have to work at chemistry....well that says it, doesn't it?

At least in "Will & Grace", Grace had a crush on Will, who is gay, and what **** hasn't crushed on her best gay pal? And really...does EVERY gay themed sitcom HAVE to have the Sklar Brothers?

This show preys upon the most annoying gay, straight, and Jewish stereitypes (again...the Sklar Brothers...need I say more?). I mean really? Schmekle (penis)? This show needs to find its individuality fast, or it will be just another bad sketch-comedy-that-would-have-worked-better-as-a-stage-play that finds itself on the cancellation list.
  3. Nov 12, 2012
    I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! A perfect blend of comedy and witt. Both leader actors Krumholtz and Urie play off each other very well and Sophia Bush is adorable. Very Will and Gracish and I always look forward to seeing it every Monday night. Thank you to David Kohan and Max Mutchnick for once again creating a masterpiece. You two are brilliant writers :-)
  4. Nov 1, 2012
    I did not expect this show to be good when I read other comments and reviews about it-many mention that it is irritating and similar to shows from the '80s. I did see some parts where Louis seems irritable, and Joe seems very indecisive. However, considering the fact that only 4 episodes were aired up to this point, i think it is doing a good in portraying 4 different characters and their relationships. I especially like that they has distinguished characteristics, and they stick to it. The episode is a little fast pace, but I think that gives more dynamic to the show. I mean, it's a 22 minute comedy that just started airing. I think I am going to give it a shot. It would be very sad if this show gets cancelled. I recommend this show to those who want to watch a short lovely and funny show without worrying if something bad is going to happen. Expand
  5. JBM
    Oct 19, 2012
    David Krumholtz alone is holding the audiance for this show. For a show to be successful, the characters have be likeable. Krumholtz is but that is about it. He is the only one on the cast that seems at ease with actually acting. The first episodes so far have the rest of the cast mugging and shouting their lines. The obnoxious laugh track and end of scene clapping only makes it harder to give this mess a chance. This show might be fixable because the dialog is cleverly written at times. But they have to calm this train wreck down and quit being a gay pride parade only. Expand
  6. Oct 9, 2012
    it's hard to judge a show on how well or smartly written it is in just 22 minutes. The reviews of this show has been poor but I hope that this show picks up because Michael Urie is a comic genius and the rest of the cast on the show is coming together very beautifully. I admit the first episode was a bit dry but after a couple of weeks, the beauty of the writing and creators of Will & Grace is coming out on this show as well. I'm hoping the network gives this show a chance to grow and build its fan base because it has the potential to be great. Collapse
  7. Oct 6, 2012
    First of all, I really like David Krumholtz, that's why I checked out the show in the first place, but I barely managed to make it through one and a half episodes of it. To make it short: This is one unfunny show. I didn't laugh once.
    There is one question that's bothering me: Who green-lit this? It's just mind boggling.
    Krumholtz may be a good actor but he's no comedian, so why cast him
    for a lead role in a sitcom?
    Michael Urie is doing a pretty stereotyped and slightly annoying version of a gay guy and his attempts at making his character "flamboyant" mostly look like overacting.
    At least the laugh track is not too terrible but most of the times I heard the laughter I asked myself who would find those lines funny?
    The other characters in the show are forgettable. And we know that Krumholtz's character is engaged to a woman he doesn't love. He even wanted to break up with her but got weak and actually proposed (!!) to her instead. That's one depressing setup for a sitcom.
    Don't waste your time on this show, it's going to be cancelled anyway. Why Krumholtz took that role escapes me. If it's just because of the paycheck, I wonder what he blows all his money for.
  8. Oct 2, 2012
    My score corresponds to the number of times I chuckled during the second episode (the pilot was an even bigger mess), and it was mostly owing to Ally's cousin/assistant. Considering she was probably part of only a one-off gag, there's little reason for me to watch the show again.
  9. Oct 1, 2012
    This is a great show. Although the story might not be as original as it seems, the characters and the dynamic are well built. I particularly think it would do better throughout his first chapters. Great hopes for this series!
  10. Sep 26, 2012
    I loved this show! So sweet and really funny. I also saw the second episode which was even better than the pilot. Much better than the crass crap on after it. I'm gonna give this a shot for awhile. I have a feeling this is going to be the next Will and Grace.
  11. Sep 26, 2012
    I only gave this show a rating of 2 because I liked David Krumholtz in Numb3rs and 10 Things I Hate About You. The show is almost indescribably due to the horrible acting by the rest of the actors. Michael Urie's character is just too gay and not in a funny way. He is rather annoying to say the least. What has happened to Brandon Routh, how far must an actor fall from grace? Superman to Chuck and not this! I kinda feel sorry for him. Expand
  12. Sep 25, 2012
    It's charming on the outside, but you see that charm become irritating on the inside.
    The latest tv show by once acclaimed writers& creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick tries so hard to live up to a show that was royalty years ago - Will & Grace. The thing that's possibly most insulting in this pilot is how these two writers try to put into one of the main characters "Louis" so many
    attributes that BELONGED to characters of Will &Grace - Will's consistent control over every situation, and his need to show off and embellish his boyfriend; Jacks quirky comebacks, including lines that were used on W&G, This characters relation with his secretary overly similar to Jack's and Karen, and Graces constant need to attract attention to herself. All of these are tightly contained into one big, over-the-top irritating character.
    The writers try so hard to make the relationship between these protagonist cute and fun, but it turns out to be overacted by both actors, and just seems to have 'fake' spread all around it.

1. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Sep 28, 2012
    The creators can be held responsible for enlarging the quantity of execrably written works on this theme [gay-themed sitcoms].
  2. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Sep 25, 2012
    I expect more from the creators of "Will & Grace" than this lackluster comedy.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Sep 25, 2012
    Partners plays like an idea written on a napkin, if that, and looks like it's from another era (a long past era, if that wasn't clear).