• Network: Starz
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 20, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2
8.6

1. Jan 29, 2012
    This show's 2nd season is worst than the last I hated how they kept going with the I can't become famous in the media **** still trying to give a bleeding **** for these mostly losers. What I hated about this season is the fact that they made Ron dreams crash and burn and he ends up back at Party Down loser brigade, the indiviual catering stories went from being good to being raunchy **** ups that can't hardly past for decent storytelling, and Adam Scott's character being the leader of the Party Down group is just a huge blunder. One line truly struck me in this season was the fact that the Casey character said she got rejected in America's media for being too JEWEY and you know that's a loaded piece of crap because in American media being too Jewey will always make you famous because Jews run the American media so that's just one of the worst lines I have heard ever!!!!!!!! Although there were good points in this mostly a huge wreck of a season with the adding of the truly talented Megan Mullally to the main cast, the fact that Martin Starr's character Roman was finally put in his place and you know what it was by none other than Steve Guttenberg who has been over since the 80's so that's an extra treat to the character Roman for someone to have finally stuck it to him, The gay football player draft episode, and the return of Jane Lynch/Constance Carmell in the show's series finale which I think might have been the best thing of all in this entire season because that last episode's story was just PURE GENIUS. Expand

Though it takes a while to integrate a new character played by Megan Mullally, Season 2 confidently builds on the successes of Season 1, and from about Episode 5 onward, "Party Down" takes is place as one of the most consistently entertaining shows on television.
  2. Reviewed by: Archana Ram
    It's the sarcasm (see: Adam Scott), smart dialogue, and refreshing take on the workplace comedy that make the somewhat depressing premise a totally raucous party.
  3. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    Party Down took awhile to jell, but it has hit its stride as one of TV's most finely observed comedies.