Pepper Dennis : Season 1

8.9

1. DanW
    Apr 19, 2006
    What could be just eye candy with two of America's most beautiful stars in Rebecca Romijn and Brooke Burns instead offers unexpected and charming physical comedy. The stars are still beautiful but Romiin's Pepper Dennis is hilarious. The rest of the cast is strong and winning. Pepper Dennis is a winner.
  2. BillP
    Apr 7, 2006
    As TV viewing goes, this is entertaining. She's great to watch, it's a little quirky and I began to wonder how the characters would flesh out as I liked several.
  3. MikeU
    Aug 21, 2006
    My wife and I watched this tonight and loved it. Finally, some smart, fresh, funny writing. Rebecca Romijn has natural comic timing. The rest of the cast was genuinely, suprisingly likeable. Looking forward to more!
  4. brittneyj
    Aug 20, 2006
    i love this show! i hope they have a 2nd season!!
  5. lisam
    May 8, 2007
    I really enjoyed this light comedy and would lik eto see more of it
  6. johno
    goodshow
  7. PaidbyFox
    Apr 24, 2006
    I'm a ringer! Best show of the year!
  8. SHANNAP
    Apr 26, 2006
    I love this show, I think its very entertaining and I love Rebecca Romijn she is very fun and plays this part well.
  9. JenP
    Apr 30, 2006
    I Love it! I think it is a great show with likeable characters and quirky humor. The WB hit the mark with this one! The critics need to get a grip, this show is entertaining... I didn't expect much from Robecca Romijn but I think she does a spectacular job.. I hope it stays on the air for many years...
  10. MarcD.
    Apr 4, 2006
    OK, I'll step up and say that I enjoyed this first episode of this show. Brooke Burns is great in her role as comic relief, and Romijn is not as bad as you might think. Most important, I laughed my ass of during this show. Belly laughs, not snickers as with Gilmore Girls.
  11. BrendaS
    Apr 5, 2006
    It was okay...if there's nothing else on, I'll tune in again.
  12. CarmenN
    Apr 6, 2006
    I love this show.
  13. SusieS
    May 19, 2006
    This show is hilarious. Tongue in cheek and genuine!
  14. EllieB
    May 3, 2006
    Dispite bad critic reviews, this show has me rolling in laughter. I think the acting is wonderful and the script is entertaining as well. It gives you a bit of everything comedy romance drama and even a little adventure. I can see the show getting better and better.
  15. JenniferS
    May 30, 2006
    This show is very light, entertaining, and refreshing among all of the dramas on tv right now. All of the comedy that is played out between Pepper and Charlie has me laughing out loud every week. Anything Pepper can do, Charlie is licensed for in three states and it drives her crazy. I'm dying for them to get together again and that makes a nice back story each week behind the "hard This show is very light, entertaining, and refreshing among all of the dramas on tv right now. All of the comedy that is played out between Pepper and Charlie has me laughing out loud every week. Anything Pepper can do, Charlie is licensed for in three states and it drives her crazy. I'm dying for them to get together again and that makes a nice back story each week behind the "hard news reporting" that Pepper does. Pepper Dennis is a delight. :) Expand
  16. AdamH
    May 9, 2006
    I LOVE this show. Everything about this show is wonderful! I hope it stayus on for a long time!!
  17. PhilH
    Jun 13, 2006
    Entertaining show with silly, yet engaging characters who we almost always enjoy watching. A guilty pleasure.
  18. SylviaL
    Jun 14, 2006
    I LOVE it
  19. LeaR
    Jun 28, 2006
    I love this show. I look forward to all new episodes and I can't believe they would let go of such a great show so soon. It is a crime to cancel this wonderful show.
  20. MaryM
    Jun 5, 2006
    Fantastic chemistry between the shows stars! Never miss an episode. Great writting, fresh ideas.
  21. RobinT
    Jun 7, 2006
    I LOVE this show! Yes, it's silly - but in a good way. I sure hope it's picked up by the CW.
  22. RosemaryW
    Jul 18, 2006
    This show is so awesome! It is really funny and pepper and charlie are really cute together.
  23. Stephanie
    Jul 10, 2006
    This show is funny and charming. Just the right remedy to foget your daily stress even if it is just for an hour.
  24. EicC
    Jul 24, 2006
    love the show and hope for season 2.
  25. MichaelS
    Jul 5, 2006
    Last Nights Finale Was Cheesy But I Am Still Pissed Off At The WB
  26. CathiK
    Jul 6, 2006
    this show is the best show ever I Love It!!!!
  27. KarenM
    Jul 7, 2006
    this show is so good! I love it! just when i thought i had found a good show to stick to and watch weekly, the WB cancels it! this show is just so funny.
  28. MarisaM
    Jul 8, 2006
    I love this show and all of my friends do, too! It is funny, romantic and highly entertaining. Finally something, that is not a reality show, murder mystery or medical drama. I could not find anything I like on the CW fall line-up. I guess it is going to be another channel I don't watch. I wish CW or any other network would keep Pepper and Charlie going!
  29. AnnieH
    Aug 6, 2006
    I really enjoyed the show and hope that it continues on.
  30. RogerG
    Feb 13, 2007
    We loved the show, it was light and humorous and was not intended to be heavy drama. So much more entertaining that the rum of the mill "reality show" and it deserves another season or 3. And the Simpsons go on and on and on???
  31. SaraH
    Mar 29, 2007
    Please bring back Pepper Dennis! I am not the TV type and most of the time hate what is on because it seems so mindless, but not understanding why, I fell in love with Pepper Dennis immediately. Pepper Dennis is an outstanding show; the characters and life tangles all come together in a distinct charming and captivating way. It is a truly great show, and will always be my favorite. It had Please bring back Pepper Dennis! I am not the TV type and most of the time hate what is on because it seems so mindless, but not understanding why, I fell in love with Pepper Dennis immediately. Pepper Dennis is an outstanding show; the characters and life tangles all come together in a distinct charming and captivating way. It is a truly great show, and will always be my favorite. It had much more in it than other shows and deserves to have at least another season if not more. I loved it so very much and i hated it when it had to be cancelled. It felt as if a great show was slipping away, and was being buried by just a few opinions. Please bring Pepper Dennis back! Please bring Pepper Dennis back! Expand
  32. Makayla
    Jul 10, 2007
    This was the best show i have ever seen!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!! and i should just die if i cant ever watch it again. i had high hopes that there would be a new season. and i hope there will be a new season. i wanted to believe it was coming out on July 16th but if you guys cancel it. Then people will be heartbroken everywhere. and as i have been saying for the past year. I WANT MY PEPPER This was the best show i have ever seen!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!! and i should just die if i cant ever watch it again. i had high hopes that there would be a new season. and i hope there will be a new season. i wanted to believe it was coming out on July 16th but if you guys cancel it. Then people will be heartbroken everywhere. and as i have been saying for the past year. I WANT MY PEPPER DENNIS BACK!!!! Expand
  33. DanieleC.
    Sep 10, 2007
    I have seen in my country (i'm italian) this commedy and i'm enthusiast. Why do you have stop this series? A big sin!!! (sorry for my english)
  34. MaryA
    Sep 6, 2007
    This was the best show! Whoever canceled it should hate themselves for life!
  35. JamieH
    Oct 26, 2006
    I loved this show. I can't believe they cancelled it! It was a great laugh, and so incredibly real life- don't we all have such stupid moments, and do such dumb things?
  36. lianem
    Apr 12, 2006
    cute show ... I don't watch much tv but it's funny enough but not stupid and with just a smidge of reality... but not too serious.
  37. KavinT
    Apr 12, 2006
    the best show of the year, the one that people couldn't stop watching.
  38. jamet
    Apr 12, 2006
    the best show that I have yet seen in the year.
  39. LynnE
    Apr 30, 2006
    One ofo the very few shows that I actually schedule watching. I think it's fresh and fun.
  40. FranC
    Apr 6, 2006
    I think with a little more development of the other characters this could be a good show. Give it a chance.
  41. mrliVRQL
    Apr 8, 2006
    very good
  42. ScottB
    May 14, 2006
    The show is a lot of fun. I sure hope the network stands behind it and gives it a chance.
  43. Ames
    May 18, 2006
    This show is totally awesome!!!....Rebecca Romijn Rocks!!!! and Rider Strong and Josh Hopkins totally hott and yea they rock too!!! (:
  44. AlexC
    May 19, 2006
    This show is amazing. I don't know who the heck was saying it was poorly written but they were wrong out of their minds to the point where i wish i could severly hurt them. THis show is more then funny and light hearted. IT IS amazing. Cancelling it would make me extreemly displeased and this is one of the best shows the WB has ever produced with a lot of things ending all of these This show is amazing. I don't know who the heck was saying it was poorly written but they were wrong out of their minds to the point where i wish i could severly hurt them. THis show is more then funny and light hearted. IT IS amazing. Cancelling it would make me extreemly displeased and this is one of the best shows the WB has ever produced with a lot of things ending all of these networks are comming out with horrible shows. Pepper Dennis is the New 7th Heaven with a ten year run. Expand
  45. AbbyM
    May 30, 2006
    I watch the show religiously and find it very amusing. The idea of Rebecca Romijn in a comedy took some getting used to but once you do it is great! I think this show appeals more to women and unfortunately all the critics quoted are guys who cant accept Rebecca Romijn's fall from 'femme fatale' dom.
  46. PhyllisR
    May 8, 2006
    I love this show it is so refreshing. I'am tired of all the csi shows on T.V. I really enjoy this one and it makes me laugh. Something we all need more of
  47. RozW
    May 8, 2006
    Go figure that the critics would be critical! Any time a truly funny show comes on the tube they quash it because it's not "original." Wake up Hollywood - originality went out the door years ago! If I can find a show that's going to make me laugh, I'll watch it. I'll be watching "Pepper Dennis."
  48. HannahT
    Jun 16, 2006
    Pepper Dennis is fabulous! Sure, bad reviews by critics who don't know the characters like the fans. Don't listen to the high and mighty critics that enjoy just CNN!
  49. RhondaK
    Jun 6, 2006
    This show makes me laugh.
  50. JayniceT
    Jul 12, 2006
    We were hav ing Pepper Dennis gatherings complete with pizza delivered and no one allowed to speak during the very fast and clever dialogue...the show accom;plished so much in one hour that it took your breath away...And Pepper and Charlie were just so close to hooking up but always pulling back and of course I was in love with Charlie...very different show and not always so politically We were hav ing Pepper Dennis gatherings complete with pizza delivered and no one allowed to speak during the very fast and clever dialogue...the show accom;plished so much in one hour that it took your breath away...And Pepper and Charlie were just so close to hooking up but always pulling back and of course I was in love with Charlie...very different show and not always so politically correct. How could you have taken it off????? Expand
  51. KatieG
    Jul 13, 2006
    I absolutely love this show! I cannot believe they are cancelling it! What a disappointment!
  52. HeidiD
    Jul 29, 2006
    I loved this show and watched every episode faithfully. I love Rebecca Romjin and the shows untimely ending hurt me badly.
  53. KellyW
    Jul 4, 2006
    I love this show and can't believe they are taking it off already. Right now there are only 2 shows that I watch on regular network tv and it's Pepper Dennis & Desperate Housewives. What a big mistake!!!!! :(
  54. LivA
    Jul 5, 2006
    I love this show! BRING IT BACK! Make another season, Just keep it going!
  55. Shelby
    Aug 7, 2006
    I love this show, Pepper Dennis..I think it's hysterical, always cracks me up..and I adore the love/hate relationship that Pepper and Babcock share...I hope it stays around for a while...keep this show on..just love it!! Thanks!
  56. Lainey
    Sep 10, 2006
    I love this show!!!! Did they really cancel it? Bad move!
  57. gracer
    May 11, 2007
    I come from london, england i think the show's good but the other waste men are kind of crap my fav person is rebecca romijn because she's the only person i look up to from unfortunately what i have left . You may think oh dont listen to her because shes a londoner but im american dutch Indian and african and im a drama and fashion freak. overall the show's fantastic love I come from london, england i think the show's good but the other waste men are kind of crap my fav person is rebecca romijn because she's the only person i look up to from unfortunately what i have left . You may think oh dont listen to her because shes a londoner but im american dutch Indian and african and im a drama and fashion freak. overall the show's fantastic love from grace a b romijn age:11 from london Expand
  58. CynthiaR
    Jun 28, 2007
    I loved this show. The cast chemistry was amazing - a lot like Ugly Betty in that way, so I guess it's fitting that Rebecca Romijn has joined that cast. I didn't miss a single episode of PD and was very upset when it was cancelled. I am continually looking for it on DVD, so that I can share it with my friends and family who missed it.
  59. RosanneV
    Jul 19, 2007
    Its a really nice and entertaining show... whoever the fellow who canceled the show should be sacked!!! i mean this is really a nice ahow.. i really want to noe wat happens to the couple.... duh???
  60. MonikaS,
    Oct 18, 2006
    hi, im from Chile and i really love this show... too bad the critics didnt like it... but i think WB should ask the viewers of the shows their opinion and not to the critics, they dont sit every night to whatch every show cause they like it, they see some shows just cause they got pay for it... BAD MOVE WB WAS A GOOD SHOW HERE IN CHILE AND THERE IN USA...
  61. pabloc
    Dec 14, 2006
    Im from Mexico. Pepper Dennis is transmit on Fox Life. I love this show, is amazing. I want a second season . please The CW!!
  62. RichC
    Dec 19, 2006
    A truely entertaining TV Show and an excellent romance! Awsome reporter episodes! Please bring it back! Over 2,000 votes for this show to 50 against in Dayton, Ohio viewing area on channel 26 web site! Bring it back with new episodes, Please!!!!!! Don't kill off a graet show!!!!
  63. AngieK
    Dec 26, 2006
    this is a very nice show with a plot that excludes unnecessary use of sex, nudity & violance. Can be watched with kids of 10+ yrs old.
  64. AmyN
    Apr 11, 2006
    It was entertaining. The characters are light and airy and I like the chemistry between the leads.
  65. LuciaR
    Apr 16, 2006
    i love this show!! its halarious and romantic
  66. TrentH
    Apr 26, 2006
    Brooke Burns is the highlight of the show. With the right vehicle she could be the next Mary Tyler Moore. She has great comedic ability and style.
  67. BettyB
    Apr 29, 2006
    In a lot of ways, I can relate to Pepper Dennis in this show, and that's why I watch it and love it :-)
  68. bonkerst
    Apr 29, 2006
    I LOVE THIS SHOW......i've got all my friends hooked and we r gonna all watch it together when it comes on......i look forward to it every week....the reviewers can just go f themselves about the reviews...i give this show 2 thumbs and hands up!!!
  69. JackC
    May 16, 2006
    Its a very funny and entertaining show, but the critics say it isnt original, but which show nowadays is considered original,everything and every topic is repeated a thousand times but in a new way,so this show rocks even if its not original.
  70. Sarah
    May 17, 2006
    I love this show, and that's saying a lot since I almost never watch anything. Its time slot after Gilmore Girls works well for me because that show has recently driven me to tears. That a then Friends puts me in a much better mood.
  71. alisaj
    Jun 12, 2006
    pepper dennis is hilarious!
  72. CarolP
    Jun 18, 2006
    I love the love and hate relationship between Babcock and Pepper. I watch it to see what happens. I think it makes it interesting and also I think Brook Burns is fabulous. It is funny and has good plots, I wouldn't miss it.
  73. MegF
    Jun 19, 2006
    PLEASE bring this show back! It was just hitting its stride!!!
  74. AmyD
    Jun 28, 2006
    It's happening again... You find a good show that's a welcome change from all the annoying reality shows that are out there... and they get rid of it. Why do TV networks do that? I think Pepper Dennis is cute and charming and a fun romance. Nobody said it needs to be award winning, just a good hour to forget your daily stress.
  75. bryanf
    Jul 16, 2006
    i thoroughly enjoy this show. pepper is quite the character, and i cant wait to see how this work place romance works out, as well as how the sister-drama unfolds. please give us more Pepper on our television!
  76. RebeccaS
    Jul 18, 2006
    Breathtaking and delightful light entertainment...Just what I need to get through the week...Currently enjoying re-runs until next season.
  77. JonathanL
    Aug 21, 2006
    This show is great its funny and different from shows out now.
  78. Audreys
    Sep 26, 2006
    I loved this show. It was like I finally connected with a character on TV. Her family, career and love life. I hope they don't pull the plug.
  79. KatH
    Jul 25, 2009
    I absolutely loved this show and am still mourning the loss. I have also boycotted the CW and will continue to do so. even if it came back now there would still be a fan base.
  80. EmilyC
    Nov 13, 2006
    I loved the show and hated to see it go. Who cares what the critics think.
  81. LesleyB
    Dec 24, 2006
    the best combination of characters ,especially pepper& Charlie . I would rather watch Pepper Dennis than Studio 60 ! Please Please bring Pepper & Charlie back! Iloved their chemistry together . Josh is on brothers&sisters but i can only think of him as Babcock!

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Gillian Flynn
    Romijn can't be blamed for the misfire... No, one must blame the rush this unimaginative series is in. [7 Apr 2006, p.52]
  2. For someone named Pepper, this character is awfully bland.
  3. The cast is pleasant enough, and Romijn certainly tackles her character with the abandon and conviction necessary to anchor a comedy-drama series. Were the show better written, these actors probably could deliver the goods with no problem.