Person of Interest : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.7

1. Jun 24, 2013
    Not as good as season 1. There were too many times where they deviated from the plot that I enjoyed so much. Still great, but I'm hoping that they return to what season 1 was in season 3.
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    I enjoyed the first series, despite the strong paranoid feeling and the setting in a cold and bleak New York. The plot was quite complex, but complexity was added value and separated POI from the usual crimes shows.

However, I totally disliked the introduction of the "Root" character. We were already juggling with: Finch, the enigmatic billionaire genius who built the "machine"; Reese, the ex-military superman with a broken heart; Carter and Fusco two very different police officers; a bunch of corrupted cops; mysterious CIA and FBI agents hunting Reese; more mysterious characters hunting Finch, not to forget the "machine" itself.
    Already quite enough to deal with.

Unfortunately, somebody thought we needed to have a super-baddie, who somehow got to know all about the "machine". I guess out of political correctness, the wrongdoer is a woman, and to compound the felony, she is young, pretty and well dressed.

As if that was not enough, she works as a shrink for "exclusive" patients, knows chemistry well enough to mix poisonous concoctions and is a master hacker. All this at her young age (I guess very early thirties). So I do wonder how this woman found the time to get an agenda full of appointments with exclusive patients, while working with the criminal underworld and getting a degree in chemistry.Finally, she is that annoying character who always plan 100 moves in advance and gets them all right, without a single mistake or unexpected events stopping in her in her way.

I just started watching the second series and hope to see Root disappear fast, although I am afraid she will not, ruining this great show.

There are no critic reviews yet.