Person of Interest : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.7

1. Mar 6, 2017
    Episode 1 Review:
    I think it was a good episode. Honestly the premise is more catching than the characters at first. The whole surveillance/technology/control thing nowadays gets me going. Gets my cogs turning. Or maybe I just like the action scenes, and the show sorta just feeds into my growing paranoia? Couldn’t decide from the first episode.
    We watched the first episode the night
    Episode 1 Review:
    We watched the first episode the night after we broke up. It was a sleepover as friends because I told you I could do that. What I told you, when I broke up with you, was that I wasn’t in love with you any longer. Everything I didn’t tell you then, I didn’t know yet. I didn’t know how you’d hurt me, how you’d monitored me, how you’d strangled me and confined me. We watched this show about surveillance that night and I didn’t realize anything. I was falling asleep a little bit and you asked me if we could hook up one last time. I said no. I had been told so many times that that was all I needed to do. You took my hand and moved it the way you wanted to. The sun had set and the show was over, and I was afraid to speak, to leave, to stop you. Eventually I rolled over and fell asleep, frozen. I left in the morning and the left of our post-break-up friendship was incredibly difficult and then, 3 months later, it dissolved completely.
    Show Rating: 6/10
    Viewing Experience: 1/10
  2. May 14, 2013
    Basic Plot: Computer system genius invents a machine that can detect crimes. It predicts them and its up to the Genius and his marine side kick to stop them.
    The plot above does not really do the series justice as it does have some decent moments and I found it to be enjoyable. It took me a few episodes to decide I liked it. Which may put people off. It just was a little average. Think it decided it would develop the characters a little too much and had a bit too much going on. But it did find its feet. I thought that the casting was good and the direction is solid.
    Some of the plot is a little bit loose. A man blows stuff up etc and no more than one person is involved in apprehending them?
    You have to let this go but that can be said for many programmes.
    give it a shot but remember to give it a few episodes before drawing a conclusion.
  3. Sep 23, 2011
    The plot idea itself is quite interesting, but the execution not so much. The two get the social security number of someone who will become the victim or perpetrator of a future crime, and then the CIA Agent has to "spy" on them until the truth is revealed. Afterwards, he must stop the crime from actually happening. It's simple, formulaic, and boring. Not to mention the characters are cutThe plot idea itself is quite interesting, but the execution not so much. The two get the social security number of someone who will become the victim or perpetrator of a future crime, and then the CIA Agent has to "spy" on them until the truth is revealed. Afterwards, he must stop the crime from actually happening. It's simple, formulaic, and boring. Not to mention the characters are cut and dry, adding nothing to the boring atmosphere. Expand
  4. Sep 23, 2011
    A welcome change to TV's lineup. The pilot was by no means mind blowing but the show has potential. Here's to hoping a bigger plot line is revealed soon.

1. So far, though, it has mostly kept its ambition in check, preferring to follow the playbook of a typical crime procedural, with a little more darkness and a little less energy.
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 29, 2011
    This could grow into a show of more than ordinary interest. [28 Nov 2011, p.57]
  3. Reviewed by: David Eckstein
    Sep 22, 2011
    The characters aren't terribly deep and the dialog doesn't take advantage of Emerson's and Caviezel's acting chops.