Person of Interest : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.7

1. Sep 22, 2011
    I'm pretty tolerant, but we really don't need a revenge fantasy masquerading as moral nobility. I was going to take off 2 points for unrelenting grimness, but had to take off 8 more for its sense of right and wrong. Even if it is TV.
  2. hbo
    Oct 13, 2011
    This show was a surprise for me. After all the hype and the talk, I was expecting something that would blow me away, instead I got something that bored me silly. I had to force myself to sit through a whole episode and when i finally finished, I promised myself never again. I guess what I'm saying is....This person, has no interest!
  3. Apr 15, 2014
    I honestly don't understand where all the 10 ratings come from... Is it people that have switched over from reality TV? Is it the CSI crew who like the twist it adds to the mystery / murder of the week genre? I honestly wanted to like the show. Two of my favorite actors from shows / movies past and I bought into the hype. Bought the first two seasons and I gutted it out through the firstI honestly don't understand where all the 10 ratings come from... Is it people that have switched over from reality TV? Is it the CSI crew who like the twist it adds to the mystery / murder of the week genre? I honestly wanted to like the show. Two of my favorite actors from shows / movies past and I bought into the hype. Bought the first two seasons and I gutted it out through the first 10 episodes... If you like CSI, I'm betting you would like this show. For me... I need a longer / more complex story arc that's more committed to character development and the unraveling of a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma (favorite Churchill quote). This show is bland and formulaic. It simply doesn't hold my interest enough to sit through an entire episode... Expand
  4. May 22, 2016
    Would of been a great series but, the lefty leading man is a big Yawn!!
    not enough sexual tension to keep me from recurrently falling asleep.

(the leading man wasn’t even a good sleeping pill)
  5. Feb 10, 2015
    My wife and I have finally given up on this show.It used to be very good and very interesting,but killing off the good characters,trivializing the interesting ones and concentrating on ones who should have been killed off years ago has just driven the show in a ridiculous direction. I guess the writers just wanted to" go where no one has ever gone before" but they just killed it forMy wife and I have finally given up on this show.It used to be very good and very interesting,but killing off the good characters,trivializing the interesting ones and concentrating on ones who should have been killed off years ago has just driven the show in a ridiculous direction. I guess the writers just wanted to" go where no one has ever gone before" but they just killed it for us.Putting someone like Root in the drivers seat was totally stupid. Expand

1. So far, though, it has mostly kept its ambition in check, preferring to follow the playbook of a typical crime procedural, with a little more darkness and a little less energy.
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 29, 2011
    This could grow into a show of more than ordinary interest. [28 Nov 2011, p.57]
  3. Reviewed by: David Eckstein
    Sep 22, 2011
    The characters aren't terribly deep and the dialog doesn't take advantage of Emerson's and Caviezel's acting chops.