• Network: Bravo
  • Series Premiere Date: May 30, 2011
  • Season #: 1
4.8

1. Aug 18, 2011
    The series has a lot of flaws, and Jewel is a bit bland of a host. Even so, I really found myself interested in the core of it all: the songs themselves, and there are quite a few that I thought were really good.

So there's that, at least.
  2. Jun 11, 2011
    Formulaic and boring. There is nothing interesting about watching bad pop hits created by MTV rejects. Kara Dioguardi is mediocre at best. There is no chemistry to this reality show. Top Model and Top Chef do it better...way better.

1. Reviewed by: Nancy DeWolf Smith
    Jun 3, 2011
    The whole enterprise is less goosed and glitzy than NBC's successful show, "The Voice." But it's easier to concentrate that way, on the experts who know what they want and talk to the contestants with a brutal honesty that's still softer than the real world.
  2. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    May 31, 2011
    Mostly, I came away thinking that Platinum Hit is a pretty lame way to find a talented songwriter and that my chances of liking any of the music produced on the show are low. I won't be returning.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    May 31, 2011
    If nothing here screams New Dylan or Next Gaga, or bids in any way to rival the best of "Runway" or "Chef," the craft-under-pressure and problem-solving elements work as before. It's amazing what people can do in a day.