Playing House : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 29, 2014
Season #: 1, 2
7.4

1. Jun 14, 2014
    Had a very difficult time watching the entire thing. Just kept thinking it was going to get better, sadly it did not. I was very disappointed, not funny at all.
  2. Jun 22, 2014
    Parham and St. Claire have a natural chemistry. The show is funny (Parham's Bocephus impersonation is hilarious) without being forced. Jane Kaczmarek is a hoot as the mother who publicly avoids her daughter. One of the summer's best comedies.
  3. May 30, 2014
    Refreshing as F*&%! Seriously, I had my doubts about this show. Serious doubts. But the starring two characters are so fleshed out and the friendship is so honest and raw that I thoroughly enjoyed the pilot episode. And for me to enjoy the first episode of anything is quite the small miracle as most pilots tend to suck major ass. Kudos to these two women for writing and starring in thisRefreshing as F*&%! Seriously, I had my doubts about this show. Serious doubts. But the starring two characters are so fleshed out and the friendship is so honest and raw that I thoroughly enjoyed the pilot episode. And for me to enjoy the first episode of anything is quite the small miracle as most pilots tend to suck major ass. Kudos to these two women for writing and starring in this Awesome show! More? Yes, please. Expand
  4. May 8, 2014
    These two ladies have comedic chemistry I just can't get enough of. BFF was cancelled and I am so glad they have a fresh start with this one. I could watch the show for an hour. A hilarious show which I really hope garners enough acclaim to keep it going strong.
  5. May 12, 2014
    Love this show! USA network has the best shows and this one is no exception. The banter between the two women is so much fun. I look forward to watching more.
  6. May 23, 2014
    What a nice show, the actresses have a really great chemistry, it's quirky and very charming. It's perfect after a long day at work, very relaxing and nice to see female characters which aren't walking stereotypes.
  7. Jun 18, 2014
    This show can make me laugh so hard, I cry. The characters are so likeable and true. I love the close, loving friendships, the ex-husband and ex-boyfriend, the moms, the friends are well written and funny too. It's absurd, silly, quirky and true. The best new show all year.
  8. Jun 25, 2014
    These women have a Rudolph/Wiig chemistry I can't get enough of. Their conversations are believable, and I find myself laughing at not just the punchlines, but the whole set up. I sincerely hope this show gets a decent chance at survival. I'm still mourning the loss of Happy Endings, and this would certainly help me move along!
  9. Oct 12, 2014
    BEST SHOW I'VE SEEN IN YEARS!!!!! You have to renew it. i watch the episodes over and over with friends. The characters are funny but not corny and i can relate to them in real life. amazing show!!!!!!!!
  10. Dec 8, 2014
    this show has so much heart and is fast paced wit that keeps you going. Very unexpected funny too. Needs to be renewed. best of the best of shows. I hope I can see season 2 soon
  11. Jul 25, 2015
    I liked the overall premise of the series. However, after watching a few episodes, I became disappointed. What thirty-something women speak like they do? "Totes Kewl"? "Adorbs"? "Body be bangin'"? There was actually a recent commercial showcasing these idiotic sayings. Seriously, I've never heard anyone over the age of 15 speak like that. Humor can be achieved without immatureI liked the overall premise of the series. However, after watching a few episodes, I became disappointed. What thirty-something women speak like they do? "Totes Kewl"? "Adorbs"? "Body be bangin'"? There was actually a recent commercial showcasing these idiotic sayings. Seriously, I've never heard anyone over the age of 15 speak like that. Humor can be achieved without immature catchphrases. I guess I'm not the right audience for this type of show. Expand
  12. Aug 8, 2015
    There has not been so much overacting since the Silent Films era. Almost funny.......
    These 2 women are not Lucy and Ethel nor even Shirley and Laverne.

1. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Apr 29, 2014
    When the material is overly familiar--Emma running into her high school boyfriend, the predictably quirky characters who populate a small town--their timing lifts it up a few notches.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Apr 29, 2014
    As at the Friars, the humor gets low at times, but the characters themselves do not; which is not to say that they keep their dignity. The conversation is long on riffing and syntactically comical constructions.
  3. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Apr 29, 2014
    As in the earlier show [NBC's "Best Friends Forever"], both Parham and St. Clair create likable characters we wouldn’t mind following through strange, poignant, absurd, comic and ultimately endearing adventures. But those adventures get diluted here, at least on the back-to-back opening night episodes, by heavy-handed scenes you don’t expect or want in a USA show.