• Network: USA
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 15, 2012
  • Season #: 1
7.2

1. Jul 17, 2012
    Sigourney Weaver is BRILLIANT on Political Animals! Carla Gugino, Dan Futterman and Ellen Burstyn all deliver excellent performances as well. Siqourney is just so endlessly watchable and this character allows her to show a range of emotion rarely afforded to a woman. She delivers this INCREDIBLE speech toward the end of the first episode that literally made me applaud my television. Go Sigourney! Expand
  2. Jul 18, 2012
    Signorney was outstanding-writing quick and witty-I loved every second and can't wait for the next episode-definitely on my do-not-miss (or do-DVR) list!
  3. Jul 18, 2012
    I rarely get into TV shows and I'm hooked on this one. Performances are the highlight. Nothing I've ever seen wrote on television and although I'm not much of a TV person, I do know a good show when I watch one.
  4. May 27, 2013
    I hope I don't come to regret this score, but I really liked the pilot. Sigourney Weaver is totally watchable in her role. And the story skirts witty, trashy and politically relevant in an interesting way. The not so subtle nod the the Clintons just makes for good TV. As if we're surprised.
  5. Aug 13, 2012
    What a fresh and in depth political series. The writing is first rate and lets you get to know each character almost personally. At first you want to hate Elaine ..but as the story unfolds ..you love her strength and her ..dare I say ethics? It clearly shows that there is a fine line between the right thing to do and protecting your family. The cast is wonderful and plays off of each other perfectly. I look forward to every episode! Please keep them coming!! Expand
  6. Aug 13, 2012
    i am so hooked on this show... its such a great story with amazing characters... and the actors chosen just woow they play their part with such greatness.... i just wish there's more cause a few episodes aren't enough...
  7. Aug 22, 2012
    A powerhouse showcase for Weaver with the perfect ensemble cast. It's a slow build with the payoffs to make this worthy of a series 2. While the exploration of the family is strong its when Weaver is dealing with matters of state rather than the state of her family that the series shines.
  8. Aug 21, 2012
    I LOVE this show....I sure hope there is a season 2 that has a LOT more episodes. It has been one of those shows my husband and I have truly enjoyed...great writing and great acting....perfect in my book. I just want MORE!!!!! Thanks USA Network for a real winner!!!

1. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Aug 27, 2012
    Fast-paced, darkly funny and scathingly sharp, Political Animals seamlessly blends family drama with real-world issues, including an early crisis in the Middle East.
  2. Reviewed by: Daniel Goldberg
    Aug 13, 2012
    If you found the parallel universe in Lost perplexing, Political Animals's sheer optimism might leave you utterly baffled. Yet Weaver's grounding performance goes beyond maternal warmth and shrewdness, because Barrish doesn't just see the best in people; she demands it.
  3. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Jul 16, 2012
    Think the Clintons meet "Dallas" in D.C. And that, for six episodes, may be enough.