Power : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 7, 2014
Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.5

1. Jun 16, 2014
    I absolutely love this show, i tune in with my girl every Saturday night so far and plan on continuing. Love the plot, the acting is great and the music continuously surprises me... 50 did a great job in conjunction with all of the others who helped put this show together!
  2. Sep 7, 2014
    Best show so far , for late 2014 ending , im looking forward for game of thrones next year , but this show is keeping me busy , Fantastic show i hope there will be alot of seasons.
  3. Feb 20, 2015
    The first season of power was just the start! Now that Curtis will be staring in season 2 it's going to HEAT UP! It's a shame that "Empire" Ripped off their idea but power is A LOT More compelling then Empire!

"Empire's Rise, Empire's Fall" - Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson
  4. Jun 8, 2014
    POWER is a GREAT show! With Courtney Kemp (Good Wife) and 50 Cent on board there is a lot of hype and pressure and the first episode delivers! Great atmosphere, realism, suspense, mystery, and action make the first episode great. Omari Hardwicks's character GHOST is a drug dealer who has kids. This gives many story arcs and leaves him with something to lose. He is smart enough to see hePOWER is a GREAT show! With Courtney Kemp (Good Wife) and 50 Cent on board there is a lot of hype and pressure and the first episode delivers! Great atmosphere, realism, suspense, mystery, and action make the first episode great. Omari Hardwicks's character GHOST is a drug dealer who has kids. This gives many story arcs and leaves him with something to lose. He is smart enough to see he cannot be a drug dealer forever but those around him can't. Theres conflicting love interests and amazing action and most of all SUSPENSE AND MYSTERY. This is a great show that will keep you hooked! Expand
  5. Jun 7, 2014
    Good realistic story with no heroes in it.50 cent knows A to Z about hustling and real world drug deal scenarios can be seen in this.it has potential to be a good show and hope they make long run.
  6. Jul 20, 2014
    I thought this show was pretty good from the first couple episodes. After finishing episode six (aired June 19th), I think it is phenomenal. The excellent acting, dialogue, plot twists, and edge-of-your-seat moments keep you anxiously awaiting the next episode. Ghost's cool business demeanor compliments Tommy's in your face and cold-blooded side, even though both have shown an eerieI thought this show was pretty good from the first couple episodes. After finishing episode six (aired June 19th), I think it is phenomenal. The excellent acting, dialogue, plot twists, and edge-of-your-seat moments keep you anxiously awaiting the next episode. Ghost's cool business demeanor compliments Tommy's in your face and cold-blooded side, even though both have shown an eerie darkness when handling the drug business. Top that off with Angie and her efforts to locate the mysterious "distributor" right under nose and you have a winning drama. Expand
  7. Jun 17, 2014
    Critics say it's unimaginative, seen it before. Duh its in the Gangster genre.If I watch a New Love Story, Comic Series, or MOB show, Political Drama there will be similarities with previous characters and plots based on History. However what changes is the execution and delivery of the story. This Cast and Director knock it out of the Park for me; they deliver a well executed andCritics say it's unimaginative, seen it before. Duh its in the Gangster genre.If I watch a New Love Story, Comic Series, or MOB show, Political Drama there will be similarities with previous characters and plots based on History. However what changes is the execution and delivery of the story. This Cast and Director knock it out of the Park for me; they deliver a well executed and believable product. Most of all the Star of this series is the Cinematography and Costume and Set Design. This just draws you in even more, especially being from the East Coast. This gets high marks for execution, you will be entertained and beg for more. So far so good. Expand
  8. Jun 7, 2014
    Loved it. Watched the preview last week and I am having withdrawal. The old girlfriend storyline is a bit predictable, but this show is going to be my new summer favorite. I am hoping people give it a chance.
  9. Jun 22, 2014
    Power is refreshing and unique...has potential to be a good show, Courtney Kemp (Good Wife) and 50 Cent have created a cool plot, the acting is on point
  10. Jul 22, 2014
    i looovee this show. i think they picked the best people to act in this tv series. the chemistry between angie and ghost is incredible. i hope this show continues and next year more episodes...eight was not even close to being enough!!!!!
  11. Aug 5, 2014
    I LOVE POWER!!! It is the best drama I have seen in years. At first I thought that the show was going to be boring but the show is HOTTTTT!! I can not wait to see Season 2 and what is going to happen to Ghost and Tommy.
  12. Jun 18, 2015
    Power is a well executed TV series that shows you the reality of the lead character 'Ghost's' relationship with other affiliates. in one word power is liberating.
  13. Aug 21, 2015
    A very entertaining show. You won't regret watching this if you are a fan of gangster dramas like Ray Donovan, Boardwalk Empire and The Wire. My only criticism is the leading ladies weren't particularly well acted. Joe Sikora playing Thomas Egan is by far the strongest character of the show. I wouldn't be surprised if this role launches him into more mainstream television and film.
  14. Sep 1, 2016
    Really enjoying this after series one and part way through series 2, but for gods sake tell the script writers to stop having the characters use each other first names before speaking to each other so much, it's cheesy and unrealistic and ruins some otherwise decent acting

1. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    Jun 11, 2014
    Everyone seems to be imitating someone they saw in another gangster movie. It would be funny, if it weren't quite so tedious.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jun 6, 2014
    It moves along, dutifully moving the players to their appointed plot points. And there are some nice performances; I would draw your attention to that of Naturi Naughton, as Ghost's wife, consistently a warm body in an often chilly show.
  3. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Jun 6, 2014
    Power has some pull, but maybe not enough to win a tug of war. Its overall pacing could use a perk-up and its portrayals of minorities (who twice drop the n-word) might take more heat if 50 Cent wasn’t both calling the shots and rapping a theme song that includes the lyric, “I’m an undercover liar. I lie under the covers.”