Pretty Little Liars : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.1

1. Apr 3, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. dfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgdsdfdsfdsfgds Expand
  2. Mar 22, 2015
    Four girls, or “besties” hang out in a converted barn. The lights cut out, they all get scared, walk towards the door and …D’oh! It was their fifth bestie pulling a prank. This bestie is already on her phone, texting someone, because she’s Popular Bestie! She makes a super snarky comment, alludes to a boy, then they all fall asleep. One wakes up to find two are missing. One Bestie comesFour girls, or “besties” hang out in a converted barn. The lights cut out, they all get scared, walk towards the door and …D’oh! It was their fifth bestie pulling a prank. This bestie is already on her phone, texting someone, because she’s Popular Bestie! She makes a super snarky comment, alludes to a boy, then they all fall asleep. One wakes up to find two are missing. One Bestie comes back, declaring the Queen Bestie is nowhere to be found, but she says… dramatically… “I think I heard her scream.”

The group of insufferably attractive and well off “teenagers” (played by adults) struggle to deal with the disappearance of Queen Bestie. They all have teenage girl secrets that consist almost entirely of who is and isn’t kissing who. Someone is pestering them, threatening to reveal their secrets, signing off with Queen Bestie’s initials. Who is dead. I guess if I was 15 I would relate to them and their “terrible” situations. But I’m not and I hate them all.

Full review available on ponderflix.
  3. Mar 6, 2015
    The show is often bland teen drama, but it passes the time. I like that the story follows 5 plot paths at once. One for each girl, and then the core path with A and the murder and all that. Three of thefour girls have plots that are alright to watch, with high points and low points. Aria and her teacher is just kinda horrible though. The whole thing is dumb to the point where the showThe show is often bland teen drama, but it passes the time. I like that the story follows 5 plot paths at once. One for each girl, and then the core path with A and the murder and all that. Three of thefour girls have plots that are alright to watch, with high points and low points. Aria and her teacher is just kinda horrible though. The whole thing is dumb to the point where the show would just be better if it was cut amd Aria got some other plotline. Expand
  4. Nov 15, 2013
    Season 1 of pretty little liars kind of dragged a bit. The story definitely had potential. The views were off the charts for this show but there are many problems in production with this show. This show could've actually had a better season 1. This season wasn't as suspenseful as the future season's. The show had horrible episodes story lines and scripts but at the end it picked up andSeason 1 of pretty little liars kind of dragged a bit. The story definitely had potential. The views were off the charts for this show but there are many problems in production with this show. This show could've actually had a better season 1. This season wasn't as suspenseful as the future season's. The show had horrible episodes story lines and scripts but at the end it picked up and improved. Overall the show had bad episodes, the show had many production problems. The story had potential, and it picked up towards the end of the season. Expand
  5. Jan 31, 2013
    The first two seasons were pretty decent and kept my interest. But now half way through season 3, I couldnt care less. How long can they keep this "mystery" going, it seems like each episode you find a minor piece of evidence then the rest is just over dramatic teen stuff. They really need to have a stellar final half of season 3, if im going to come back to the already confirmed season 4.
  6. Jul 16, 2012
    Take some teenage girls, put them in high school, kill one of their friends and BAM ! you have Pretty Little Liars. That kind of sums it up. Oh, plus a creepy stalker noting every move. Gets boring after a while.
    Not good TV for me.
  7. May 18, 2012
    This show only serves to reinforce the most negative stereotypes about teenage girls in America. They have absolutely no intentions of thinking about others before they act, and they admonish the use of (pardon my french) general **** to serve their own purposes. That said, the story is somewhat interesting (when I wasn't asleep, my girlfriend kept trying to explain it to me), but theThis show only serves to reinforce the most negative stereotypes about teenage girls in America. They have absolutely no intentions of thinking about others before they act, and they admonish the use of (pardon my french) general **** to serve their own purposes. That said, the story is somewhat interesting (when I wasn't asleep, my girlfriend kept trying to explain it to me), but the characters fall short of being interesting or even remotely salvageable in character. If there is any kind of retribution and rebirth type of narrative in the coming seasons, I imagine it will fall short of being even slightly sincere. In brief, there are no likable characters, the narrative is spotty and confusing, however, the show serves its purpose in that it only relates any kind of interesting story or characterization to girls between the ages of 14 and 18. Expand
  8. Zal
    Jan 11, 2012
    The acting is bad and these characters are not that likable, but it's hard not to get sucked into the drama. I'm curious to find out who A is. Also, it's sort of fun to see these girls have their lives torn apart. It's cruel to say but oh well.
  9. Jul 6, 2011
    What Pretty Little Liars lacks in originality, it makes up for in how deliciously wicked it is... This guilty pleasure is just that and should be regarded as such. Pretty Little Liars, or Gossip Girl for the class of 2011-2013 is a fun show and is definitely the guilty pleasure of the summer. Not really innovative but there is something comforting about familiar territory.
  10. Sep 6, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've watched 7 of the first 10 episodes of PLL, and I must say, they are riveting and provocative, but too much is going on. There are usually four storylines in one episode, a long with Aria's parental drama, taunting from "A", and trying to keep their lives from unraveling. However, some of the storylines that are meant to be realistic just...arent. Like why is Spencer in a rivalry with her twenty something sister over a boy neither one of them wants anymore and a paper written 6 years ago? Why is Aria so critical of her father's affair with a student, when she is also messing around with her teacher? Why does Hannah steal something every other episode and is unwilling to handle some of the consequences? And is the whole lesbian thingy just a ratings gamble or a true character trait of Emily? And I've got to ask - who CARES about Toby and Jenna? Their roles are given a little too much prominence. All in all, PLL is the summer's guiltiest pleasure, and the serial format has treated the show well. The show has given ABC Family its strongest ratings across all demos. I want to see how it will perform in the Winter against vets that will surely cut this little teenage whodunnit down. Expand

1. This is a series with no redemptive value. It barely qualifies as entertainment, but sexy summer trash will always find an audience. That's the inescapable truth at the heart of Pretty Little Liars.
    It hits every ''racy'' teentertainment mark so hard (everyone's hair is so full - of secrets!) that it feels like the only thing missing is a visit from the ghosts of Jennifer Love Hewitt and Freddie Prinze Jr.
    The ridiculously expensive wardrobes, the fabulous hair and makeup, plus a high school with not a single fatty is well, yes, the stuff of teen fantasy. And that is exactly what Pretty Little Liars is: a glamorous, spooky, adolescent fantasy.