Prison Break : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 29, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.9

1. Jun 14, 2012
    Watching this series I laugh when scofield laughs,I cry when he cries and all I wanted was to see those brothers happy.The plans they make and the way they execute keeps you on the edge of the seat.
  2. DeannaJ
    Aug 2, 2006
    Best series ever!
  3. NithiF.
    Oct 29, 2008
    Prison break is the BEST TV SHOW THAT HAS EVER COME OUT. I really really really hope they do NOT cancel it as there are rumors that season 4 is the last one!! Whether they are doing what the title says, or looking for Scylla, it is written very well, has a lot of suspense and a great story unfolding. I think it should stay on TV for a long long long time, until Sara and Michael are grandparents!
  4. BrandonC
    Nov 8, 2005
    this is the best new show i have found this fall, or any other time for that matter
  5. timo
    Mar 9, 2007
    very entertaining, lots of characters and an exciting plot maybe not a smart plot but very exciting and for any credible reviewer to give it less than 5 shows that he/she is in the wrong job.
  6. OrenI.
    Aug 3, 2008
    Without a doubt, the best season of any non-comedy T.V. in the history of TV... Every episode keeps you on the edge of your seat. It is the only T.V. show I would go out of my way to watch even though I could just watch them an hour afterwards online. Truly amazing!! The people giving this show a 0 are mad that it has such high ratings that they don't think it deserves. IMO, it Without a doubt, the best season of any non-comedy T.V. in the history of TV... Every episode keeps you on the edge of your seat. It is the only T.V. show I would go out of my way to watch even though I could just watch them an hour afterwards online. Truly amazing!! The people giving this show a 0 are mad that it has such high ratings that they don't think it deserves. IMO, it deserves a 9.8 in total. WATCH IT!! After you see the first 4 episodes and things begin to clear up, you won't regret it. Expand
  7. ColdHand
    Mar 10, 2006
    Excellent show ! Great plot and incredible suspens. IMHO, people that don't like it ask the wrong question : We don't care IF the escape will succeed (of course it does !). It only matters HOW it will...
  8. JustinS
    Nov 6, 2005
    Every week this show gets better and better, always keeps you guessing on what happens next, and at the end of every episode you just can't wait till next week to see what happens next,"best new show this year".
  9. A.C.
    Nov 20, 2006
    One of the best tv series ever. It has great story and very good actors. I saw first season, and only I can tell you is excellent. The second season will be on TV (in my country) in 2007. I can't wait that long!!! -_-
  10. TimX
    Feb 16, 2007
    Anybody who rated this show below 80 is ignorant and naive.
  11. marshmanm
    Oct 6, 2005
    i likey!
  12. kjhhsgaLFskjnl;sa
    Oct 9, 2005
    This is the best show that came out for along time
  13. Aug 19, 2010
    The Most Awesome TV Show Ever!!!!! A Must watch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Oct 5, 2013
    Bought this s1 of Prison Break for my boyfriend and ended up getting totally hooked and rushing out to buy all remaining seasons. We tried to limit ourselves to just one Ep a night, but that proved almost impossible.

The story is complex, but not that hard to follow, love the characters and there is some superb acting by Robert Knepper (tbag soooo creepy) and gotta love Wentworth Miller and Sarah Wayne Callies and their chemistry.

Every ep is a cliff hanger, so much so that when we didn't have time to watch the next ep we would at least watch the first 5 mins of the next one, so that the cliff hanger was resolved and we could focus on something else (like sleep).

Only gave a 9 as seasons 3 and 4 aren't as good as the first two. LOVE IT.
  15. Santtu
    Oct 5, 2005
    I love this show...the action is intense. The Atmosphere is a bit dark. No one really knows exactly what´s happening on the background etc. etc. It´s like Oz and 24 put together. And I happen to like the main character..it´s very different from many other series.
  16. FranjoZ
    Nov 6, 2006
    Very good show!!!
  17. rickyo
    Oct 9, 2006
    this show is phenominal
  18. KATHERINEE
    Apr 20, 2007
    this tv series is so good. unpredictable scenes and above all the main character, wentworth miller is so gorgeous aside from being a very good actor in this tv series...
  19. TimB
    May 24, 2007
    Really cool action packed series which will grip you and get you addicted to it. Must have TV.
  20. JamieP.
    Feb 7, 2008
    Absolutely awesome, best TV show out the right now, and it's just getting into it!
  21. C.B.Browne
    Oct 10, 2005
    great idea.. great action... decent acting
  22. ArmindaC
    Nov 3, 2005
    This is the show I have been waiting for!!!!!! Keeps me glues to my sofa.. Hot actors, good story line, what more can you want!!? I like Prison braeak more than I like Lost..
  23. minervaa
    Nov 9, 2005
    This show is the best character driven show I have seen. It is so smart and the entire cast (especially Wentworth Miller) is remarkable. Every episode is like a small puzzle for the audience to figure out. It's also interactive (emails and voicemails)-I haven't seen that in other shows. It makes the fans feel like they're in to michael's plan. This is television at its best.
  24. tina
    Oct 10, 2005
    I love this show! It keeps you guessing and wanting more. It makes you want to keep seeing the show.
  25. McFly
    Oct 20, 2005
    I love this show. Its got great characters, suspense, action, and prison tats. What else could you ask for? Harkens my back to my prison days. Ahhhh good times.
  26. deborahh
    Dec 20, 2005
    my only complaint is why do we have to wait soooo long for the next show? you see im addicted signed prision break lover
  27. GoldieGoldie
    Dec 30, 2005
    best show ever!
  28. johnk
    Oct 24, 2005
    Best new show on tv. Not you typical "cookie cutter" drama
  29. BuckW
    Oct 26, 2005
    Prison Break is the best TV show I have seen in about 10 years
  30. ML
    Oct 9, 2005
    This is my new favorite show - sorry "Lost." Yes, it's implausible, but that doesn't bother me at all. It's not supposed to be realistic just like a superhero comic book is not supposed to be realistic. You don't complain about how implausible it is for Superman to fly, you just accept it and enjoy it. The best parts of this show: the top-notch acting (especially This is my new favorite show - sorry "Lost." Yes, it's implausible, but that doesn't bother me at all. It's not supposed to be realistic just like a superhero comic book is not supposed to be realistic. You don't complain about how implausible it is for Superman to fly, you just accept it and enjoy it. The best parts of this show: the top-notch acting (especially Wentworth Miller) and the extremely entertaining and fast-paced plot. "Lost" is still my second-favorite show though. :) Expand

If the show can stay as gripping as its premiere... it will be a welcome new prime-time puzzle.
    As with "24," the whole enterprise, however action-packed, would fall flat if viewers didn't care about the characters, and "Prison Break" doesn't disappoint.
  3. A riveting, suspenseful, briskly paced drama packed with intriguing performances.