• Network: ABC
Season #: 1, 2
8.3

1. GordonT.
    Oct 19, 2007
    This show makes an effort to be original and it is up to a point. You almost have to be brain dead to follow these stories Its a little better than Ugly Betty.
  2. BobJ.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Overrated. The pretty picture stunt will get old after a few episodes. Premise is stupid. Dialogue was boring. I won't be watching this anymore. This new TV season is pretty bad so far.
  3. JeddS.
    Oct 5, 2007
    I is just to bizzarre for itsa own good. a lot of the jokes do not work and to be frank, they seem like they were written by 17 year olds who watch a lot of television. Every joke looks like it was taken from another show over the last 50 years.
  4. TheVegan
    Oct 15, 2007
    I saw the first 2 episodes and I just didn't enjoy it that much. First of all they stole the "coming back to life for one minute" premise from an episode of Torchwood. But that aside I just didn't find either of the first 2 episodes that compelling.
  5. EnyaB
    Jul 31, 2009
    When I saw that this show was written by the same person as "Dead Like Me" I thought it had great potential. I've watched the first season and one episode of the second season (all mostly against my will, although I hope for improvement wish each episode) and there's nothing that attaches me to this show. The characters are shallow, although the acting is superb and the colors When I saw that this show was written by the same person as "Dead Like Me" I thought it had great potential. I've watched the first season and one episode of the second season (all mostly against my will, although I hope for improvement wish each episode) and there's nothing that attaches me to this show. The characters are shallow, although the acting is superb and the colors are entertaining. The narration is super, super annoying... the whole point of film and TV is for us to see the story acted out, not be told. Most of the time I could get what was going on without the narrator having to briskly gab it to me. I saw so much potential in this show that was ruined by the narration.. we were told things that could have been acted out and made the show that much better (for example, when Chuck was told by Ned that he killed her father.. except that never happened; the narrator told us it happened and then we see Ned out searching for a missing Chuck). There was far too much silliness and not enough seriousness mixed into the fray. The storyline and plot were weak and I found myself guessing the end of nearly every episode, or losing interest altogether, about halfway through the show. Expand
  6. PeteS.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Okay, but just does not do it for me. Premise is so unbelievable. I prefer Caveman!!!
  7. JohnC.
    Oct 5, 2007
    Kind of clever, but that insipid music (Desperate Housewives cranked up to 11) is a killer. I don't need to be hammered over the head to know that I'm experiencing a bit of whimsy. I actually got that same kind of headache that comes along with a Michael Bay flick. This thunderously empty overload is okay once or twice, but over an entire season? No thanks.
  8. Flor
    Oct 9, 2007
    I was disappointed. Visually it looks pretty nice, but the acting is terrible and the writing is...eh. A cheaper imitation of Tim Burton stuff. I also noticed similarities to the movie Amelie...they even used a few songs off that soundtrack. Oh well, the show's still different from whatever else is avaliable on tv. HOPEFULLY it'll improve.
  9. MartinS.
    Nov 28, 2007
    It's well written but not particularly interesting. I smell cancellation.
  10. adamg.
    Oct 23, 2007
    This show is above average, but it's not worthy of the praise it's receiving. The style of the show is creative and refreshing, but the substance of the episodes themselves bore me.

It's a whimsical, romantically inventive and darkly funny pop-up hour about a man (Lee Pace) whose touch can bring the dead back to life (but also, yikes, vice versa).
  2. The hour balances its caper-cartoon and ghoulish sensibilities with a crisp pace and well-cast leads.
  3. As charming as all that is amid the macabre, Pushing Daisies is a show that only a grown-up can fully enjoy.