Pushing Daisies : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
8.3

1. BrentR
    Oct 7, 2007
    Terrific, best new show of the year. I loved the look and style. The actors are great. I hope this one lasts. Brilliant.
  2. Jasmine
    Nov 19, 2007
    Love it! The most refreshing TV show on right now.
  3. am
    Oct 24, 2007
    Amazing show that manages to blend contradictory genres in a touching, visually brilliant way. The writing, directing, and acting are all fantastic. Best show to have graced the small-screen in a long time.
  4. ChaseK.
    Oct 3, 2007
    Absolutely refreshing pilot. If you are sick of movies about rich people and cookie-cutter ratings grabbers which offer nothing new at all, please watch Pushing Daisies. It's Tim Burton-esque style and substance is a great one hour escape. A simply amazing first episode.
  5. AC
    Oct 4, 2007
    The best pilot since "Lost" and "Veronica Mars" aried back in 04. Everything was brilliant in this show, hopefully future episodes can just as good or even better than the pilot.
  6. DavidM.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Perfect! great show. hope it carry on surprising me. this show have a good message: you can love someone and not have sex with her/he on the first date.
  7. AttilaB.
    Oct 6, 2007
    I Love it! Remembers me on Lemony Snicket a bit. Thanks for this show! Please don't cancel it!
  8. JW
    Oct 6, 2007
    While we are only an episode in, one thing can be said for sure: If you have enjoyed the past collaborations of Tim Burton and Danny Elfman, you will love this show. While neither is actually involved here, it brings their ideas and style to the small screen in picture-perfect fashion.
  9. thecritic
    Feb 3, 2008
    Delightful set and actors, and not being afraid to be different, makes this show the best show on television.
  10. zancam
    brilliant, tim burton-esque
  11. Mist
    Oct 11, 2007
    Simply amazing. I love it.
  12. Tonya
    Nov 5, 2007
    You have to like Big Fish, if you didn't or didn't even see it then you don't get Pushing Daisies. This is one of the best shows to come out in a long time. I actually make it a point to know when 8:00 Wednesday is.
  13. Elizabeth
    Oct 30, 2007
    I think it's the best new show out there. The visual aspect, the acting and the witty writing make this show a true gem.
  14. BlakeD
    Stunning Televsion!
  15. FrankW.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Best new show I've seen in many years. Delightful.
  16. SteveC.
    Oct 5, 2007
    Delightful! A sweet and very clever fairy tale for adults that reminds me of "A Princess Bride" in some ways.The only problem is that I can't imagine how they will continue for a whole season with what would seem to be a very limited plot device / gimmick - but, then again, I could never have come up with such a ground-breakingly original idea in the first place.
  17. DuyTran
    Oct 5, 2007
    A colorful, romantic fairy tale.
  18. CalebC.
    Oct 9, 2007
    The Best Pilot so far this year.
  19. LincLink
    Dec 20, 2008
    This is my favorite show ever...and I'm 44 years old. It is a pity that ABC is giving it the axe. Hopefully some other network will pick it up. Blessings!
  20. AdamA
    Sep 9, 2008
    Probably my favorite show ever. Beautifully written, wonderfully performed, and tactfully directed. It all comes together like some perfect storybook tale. I have not a single complaint against the show.
  21. ethane
    Jun 15, 2009
    Why, why WHY did they take this show off of TV?!? It's such an amazing show. It's really unique in many ways, and it's actually cheery. It makes me smile, and I don't feel angst-y after watching it, like many TV dramas. It's upbeat and "refreshing", as I've heard many people put it. It even had good ratings! So why isn't it still on TV??? I can't Why, why WHY did they take this show off of TV?!? It's such an amazing show. It's really unique in many ways, and it's actually cheery. It makes me smile, and I don't feel angst-y after watching it, like many TV dramas. It's upbeat and "refreshing", as I've heard many people put it. It even had good ratings! So why isn't it still on TV??? I can't even get season 2 on DVD! Expand
  22. zackm
    Jan 2, 2010
    this is one of the most original shows i've seen in years. it is creative and well acted with a nice to it. it's truely regretableit got cancelled
  23. DougS.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Easily the best show of the new season.
  24. CandaceW.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Pushing Daisies is ingenious! I laugh beginning to end each episode. Jim Dale as the narrator is the icing on the cake. :)
  25. JoeZ
    Oct 10, 2007
    By far one of the most engaging and entertaining shows of the past few years (deserves to be paired with Ugly Betty if only to extend both shows rich use of color) I rarely say this but people who don't like this show need their head examined...and need to be weaned off of Beauty and the Geek.
  26. JP
    Oct 12, 2007
    This is show is fun and quirky. People who dont like this show dont because they watch all the CSI clones and L&O clones. This is a truly original show that is perfectly casted. Good to see Chi Mcbride back on TV. Fantastic
  27. RaymondG
    Oct 13, 2007
    This is a brilliant fairy tale/comedy/mystery show that inspires memories of Tim Burton films, "Amelie," and Roald Dahl books like "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." It's created and written by Bryan Fuller, who did "Wonderfalls," and directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, who directed "Men in Black" and "The Addams Family" movies. Oh my God! It's the most brilliant, original, This is a brilliant fairy tale/comedy/mystery show that inspires memories of Tim Burton films, "Amelie," and Roald Dahl books like "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." It's created and written by Bryan Fuller, who did "Wonderfalls," and directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, who directed "Men in Black" and "The Addams Family" movies. Oh my God! It's the most brilliant, original, whimsical, delightful, romantic, sweet, and enchanting new TV show I've ever seen! I had to keep slapping myself to remind me that I was watching TV---not a brilliant movie like "Edward Scissorhands," "The Nightmare Before Christmas," or "Amelie." It stars Lee Pace, a Julliard-trained guy who was brilliant and heartbreaking playing a transgendered woman singer in "Soldier's Girl." I also liked him in Matt Damon's "The Good Shepherd." You must not miss this show! Expand
  28. StevenS
    Nov 7, 2007
    Perhaps it would serve G. Fresh a great deal of good to go back to when he was 3 and receive the proper education desperately needed to understand outstanding wit. I'd really like to see Tim Burton do a guest spot behind the camera on this. Best new show of the year by far.
  29. heatherk
    Dec 13, 2007
    A brilliant show, with a stellar cast, crisp writing, and engaging plots. Just wish it weren't on Wednesdays!
  30. JaneR
    Oct 21, 2007
    I love love love this show. The cast is amazing!!!
  31. MicheleS.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Love it!!! Favorite new show! It's different, funny, sad, interesting, amazing, can't get enough of it!! I haven't been this excited about a new show since The Office!
  32. markb.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Pushing daises is a feast for the eyes, excellent cast ,and excellent story telling that should have us entertained and enchanted for years to come.
  33. jc
    Oct 25, 2007
    Absolutely love it! Really lifts your mood.
  34. Mike
    Oct 3, 2007
    Suspend your disbelief. For once, it's worth it. This show proves that it is possible to be dark and subtle. Not everything has to be the Sopranos where the only subtle moment is a fade to black...
  35. NancyW.
    Oct 3, 2007
    about time for a great, quirky, inventive show that doesn't follow the trend of the season!
  36. AngelaG.
    Oct 3, 2007
    Caught fire 20-odd minutes in and didn't let up. The leads have incredible chemistry, and anyone who thinks to put Swoosie Kurtz and Ellen Greene on the same screen deserves our love and support.
  37. JoeyW.
    Oct 3, 2007
    A strange but hilarious show that cant help but pull the viewer in and keep them asking for more.
  38. johnp.
    Oct 4, 2007
    The show is not just beautiful.. its magical...
  39. TimW.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Fantasic premise. Clever, smart writing. I loved every moment. Probably too smart to last.
  40. CarolM.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Wow--an excellent show, more creative and interesting and charming than anything I've seen in a while.
  41. mattw.
    Oct 5, 2007
    This show grabbed us from the opening scene. Great style, reminds me of a happy tim burton movie. I hope it doesn't get cancelled. Best new show on TV??? i dunno, probably.
  42. Scott
    Oct 5, 2007
    I loved the pilot! We'll have to wait to see if this level of quality can be maintained.
  43. EricE
    Jan 18, 2008
    By far the BEST show of 2007! I can't get enough of this quirky show. It kind of reminds me of Tim Burton's stuff. A very unique take on a murder mystery show and I love it.
  44. linclink
    Jan 21, 2008
    Along with "The Office", "The Simpsons", and "30 Rock" it is one of my few watched shows. It is unique, creative, funny and touching. A beautiful show!!
  45. RosalyndL
    Feb 29, 2008
    LOVE!! this show. I wish the writers, actors, and everyone else involved the best. Story lines are WINNERS! The delivery BRILLIANT! The cast really bring it! I'm always on the edge of my seat with my jaw dropped. I tape the show and find myself rewinding constantly. Thank you, thank you, thank you for Pushing Daisies.
  46. LeathT
    Sep 15, 2008
    Fantastic. Too bad the first season ended so abruptly. I look forward to Season 2 and October 1st.
  47. Dy
    Oct 11, 2007
    Delightfully original and perky in a macabre sort of way. I loved it!
  48. me
    Oct 12, 2007
    love it! not as wonderful as wonderfalls was, but brings the same kind of immense joy that i wouldn't think a television show would be capable of. i just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as wonderfalls. and i am really glad to see lee pace in this he was one of the best parts of wonderfalls.
  49. CharlotteM.
    Nov 30, 2007
    This is my favorite new show in years. The creativity and use of Broadway actors combine to yield a delightful, quirky, and unpredictable gem of a show. Take a look - you'll love it.
  50. JamesG.
    Nov 3, 2007
    One of the few television shows I've ever seen that has drawn an actual emotional reaction. An incredible show...likely too good for it's own good, but we can all cross our fingers...
  51. DainaB.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Like 'Big Fish' for the small screen... the best new show of fall '07.
  52. Earlr
    Dec 26, 2007
    one of the best shows to come along in years. The whole cast is perfect
  53. GiaT
    Nov 13, 2008
    I love this show! It's not only funny, but so very beautiful to look at... I really do hope ABC opts to keep it.
  54. Tellies
    Jan 27, 2008
    I love this show. I think the writing is orginal and funny. Great casting. Art direction and costumes are just wonderful.
  55. DonnaK
    Feb 26, 2008
    I love the writing, the acting, the staging and the cinematography. The entire concept and presentation is like a breath of fresh air...very artistic with a bit of childish mindbender. Thoroughly enjoyable.
  56. AndyP
    Aug 17, 2008
    This is a beautiful show. Anna Friel and Lee Pace's chemistry beats everyone else on tv
  57. JosephG.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Much in a style that conjures up similarities between Amelie and Willie Wonka yet at the same time retaining enough normality to keep the viewer in the story. Its twist is its take on PI stories, and the main characters ability to bring the dead back to life with the touch of his hand. Fresh and Original, Pushing Daisies is a show that is highly promising and one to keep an eye on. In Much in a style that conjures up similarities between Amelie and Willie Wonka yet at the same time retaining enough normality to keep the viewer in the story. Its twist is its take on PI stories, and the main characters ability to bring the dead back to life with the touch of his hand. Fresh and Original, Pushing Daisies is a show that is highly promising and one to keep an eye on. In short, if you are looking for something different with good writing check this show out. Expand
  58. AlejandroM.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Pushing Daisies contains everything what makes a perfect Show but in a new and refreshing package. Best new show this fall!!
  59. Dejai
    Nov 26, 2007
    I truly think this is the type of show that could surpass the Emmy's and win Oscars. Every show makes my heart and body feel privileged to watch it.
  60. Nov 26, 2010
    What if you had the power to bring the dead back life, what would you do with said power and how would you use it? Would you use it to help people or would you just lock yourself away afraid of a lasting human connection. A young man named Ned (Lee Pace in a phenomenal performance) knows this better than anyone does, you see Ned has a special gift with one touch the young pie maker canWhat if you had the power to bring the dead back life, what would you do with said power and how would you use it? Would you use it to help people or would you just lock yourself away afraid of a lasting human connection. A young man named Ned (Lee Pace in a phenomenal performance) knows this better than anyone does, you see Ned has a special gift with one touch the young pie maker can touch the dead and bring it back to life. Ned has lived a life of solitude as his power has some side effects you see although the pie maker can bring things back to life however, by doing so something of equal life must be took in its place to survive. Therefore, the pie maker has locked himself away in his oddly named pie shop "The Pie Hole" making the pies his mother loved so much. One day a snarky private investigator named Emerson Cod discovers his secret and purposes a deal with the pie maker help him wake the dead to find out who killed and they collect the reward money and split it evenly and by doing so Emerson Cod keeps the pie maker's secret from the rest of the world. After a personal tragedy, the pie makerâ Expand
  61. LOB
    Jul 18, 2011
    Smart writing, a good score, and great performances from the main cast make this show one of my favorites. Overall the characters are more interesting then the episodic plots. And each of the mains grow and change by the end of the series. The atmosphere and music are also spectacular. As the series was cancelled after only 2 seasons, Some of the fans were left begging for more, but youSmart writing, a good score, and great performances from the main cast make this show one of my favorites. Overall the characters are more interesting then the episodic plots. And each of the mains grow and change by the end of the series. The atmosphere and music are also spectacular. As the series was cancelled after only 2 seasons, Some of the fans were left begging for more, but you can finish the series feeling satisfied. Expand
  62. Nov 7, 2011
    My first word to describe this series, Eccentric. But because of its convictions, consistency, and A+ quality I choose my second word to be, Adoration! The unique style and colorful characters are perfectly accompanied by the fanciful use of alliteration. I was sad when this show got canned as it had so much potential. The detective who knits, the Pie Maker with the dead girlfriend whoMy first word to describe this series, Eccentric. But because of its convictions, consistency, and A+ quality I choose my second word to be, Adoration! The unique style and colorful characters are perfectly accompanied by the fanciful use of alliteration. I was sad when this show got canned as it had so much potential. The detective who knits, the Pie Maker with the dead girlfriend who he can never touch... and that's only the beginning. Yes it suffered from some poor weaving of over arching concepts into the grand story (monster of the week syndrome) but really? It was a gorgeous canvas that could have become amazing.

To the haters? Yes its not completely original, but something doesn't have to be in order to be entertaining. I understand that the style isn't for everyone and having unique characters that have their own particular quirks is annoying (wait, no it isn't). Honestly, the show is eccentric. I get that, but I LAMENT you if you rave about shows like Two and a Half Men and hate this show.

To the lovers? Wee! :D
  63. Dec 21, 2013
    What a creative way of keeping up the emotional tension between the two main characters love interest, they can never touch. Really breaking new ground with the concept and the entire logic of the universe defines this universe.
  64. Nov 29, 2012
    Are people kidding? This show was great - BEAUTIFUL to look at, lovely and whimsical, clever, fresh, and heartwarming. A great cast and unique plot really rounded it out - I guess it just wasn't for everyone. If you are into something a little different, as well as some heart and mystery, this was a great place to look!
  65. Aug 8, 2015
    Whimsy is something you don't often find on television. It's not exactly a crowd pleaser especially when so many of us gravitate towards television featuring darker, bolder, flawed anti-heros in dystopian worlds. Pushing Daisies doesn't care. Keep your brooding, it says, I'm going to be a show about death and murder and pies and you can't **** stop me. I loved every single second of thisWhimsy is something you don't often find on television. It's not exactly a crowd pleaser especially when so many of us gravitate towards television featuring darker, bolder, flawed anti-heros in dystopian worlds. Pushing Daisies doesn't care. Keep your brooding, it says, I'm going to be a show about death and murder and pies and you can't **** stop me. I loved every single second of this show. So much so that even just thinking about it now makes me want to go back and watch it again. Expand
  66. SallyV.
    Oct 17, 2007
    I love this show!
  67. NasisA.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Great show. Romantic and funny, and taking the time to intoduce the characters and make them lovable or relateable. Love the Amelie and Corpse Bride/Big Fish similarities.
  68. AllanM.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Fantastic premise. The actors portrayals are great. The only thing holding me back from a 10 is sub par writing....though with the stunning visuals and artistic vision with cinematography a 9 is more than well deserved
  69. Jake
    Oct 10, 2007
    Although not perfect, the pilot for Pushing Daisies was interesting and enjoyable. It was one of the few pilots that made me want to watch again next week. It reminds me a lot of Big Fish, and is what I like to call an "indicator show". Meaning, that like certain other tv shows, movies, and books, whether or not you like and/or "get" the show is an indicator of your level of intellectual Although not perfect, the pilot for Pushing Daisies was interesting and enjoyable. It was one of the few pilots that made me want to watch again next week. It reminds me a lot of Big Fish, and is what I like to call an "indicator show". Meaning, that like certain other tv shows, movies, and books, whether or not you like and/or "get" the show is an indicator of your level of intellectual sophistication and/or emotional maturity. If you don't "get" the show, you probably are either not that bright, or perhaps you are bright, but not very emotionally developed. So, for those of you who are somewhat intellectually sophisticated and emotionally mature, try this show out. Expand
  70. Jen
    Oct 10, 2007
    How refreshingly unique this show is. From start to finish, it's got me hooked already.
  71. Striver
    Oct 10, 2007
    Definitely for Tim Burton fans (and I'm one of them). Great cast, cleverly mordant writing, fun art design.
  72. SteveH.
    Nov 5, 2007
    Reminds me of Wonderfalls. I still miss that show. As it turns out, the same person wrote both of them. The characters are attractive and witty. The scenes are lush. The story is a little goofy and farfetched. Then again, the whole premise is farfetched. The point, though, is that it is an adult fairy tale, where nothing has to be real. The colors, sounds, and wit along the journey is the Reminds me of Wonderfalls. I still miss that show. As it turns out, the same person wrote both of them. The characters are attractive and witty. The scenes are lush. The story is a little goofy and farfetched. Then again, the whole premise is farfetched. The point, though, is that it is an adult fairy tale, where nothing has to be real. The colors, sounds, and wit along the journey is the whole point -- not the plot's destination. The point of the story is the storytelling. Expand
  73. CraigB
    Oct 11, 2007
    Best new show of the season.
  74. Patrick
    Oct 12, 2007
    Maybe the best pilot I've seen in a while, and the multi-faceted nature of the show is incredible. It masquerades as a quaint dramedy, but it's far more murder-mystery and sci-fi based than the previews let on. The characters are intriguing, the narrative is both insightful and humorous, and the story lines flow very easily.
  75. DZ
    Oct 12, 2007
    Visually, a glorious feast...Conceptually, extremely fresh.... Reminds me very much of the brilliant beginning of my favorite movie: "Amelie", but unlike that movie, Daisies' narration continues throughout each episode and sometimes trips up the story's momentum. Still, it's a gem. And I predict nationwide pie sales will go up.
  76. BobK
    Oct 25, 2007
    Acting is superb but the premise gets tired very quickly. Production values are high for a network. The narration needs to be scaled back and what passes for wit needs to be examined more closely. It's becoming annoying rather than witty. One major improvement, easily made, would be to make room for Kristin Chenoweth to sing. She's a Tony nominee for good reason and the one Acting is superb but the premise gets tired very quickly. Production values are high for a network. The narration needs to be scaled back and what passes for wit needs to be examined more closely. It's becoming annoying rather than witty. One major improvement, easily made, would be to make room for Kristin Chenoweth to sing. She's a Tony nominee for good reason and the one episode so far where her voice was featured was enjoyable just for that reason. And who knew that Lupin had such a pretty wife? Expand
  77. RicardoF.
    Oct 4, 2007
    I am WAYY over the YV demographic and I was mesmerized by the plot device; the actors portrayals; how it was executed and the super HiDef, imaginative photography. I was really curious based on all the hi-5 reviews about a program on....death? The critics were 100% on this one.
  78. MattA
    Oct 4, 2007
    Great Pilot episode... ...it had me smiling almost the whole way through. ...my only gripes is that it had a few... "don't worry about an explaination" points... ..but these can be overlooked when realizing the whimsical nature of the program.
  79. DarrenV.
    Oct 5, 2007
    whimsical and fanciful storytelling at its best. the story is wonderful and the characters are delightful. I've never been so pleased with a pilot.
  80. DrewF
    Oct 9, 2007
    Wonderful pilot episode. If it maintains that pace and magic, then this will easily be the best new show of the season.
  81. ThomasB
    Oct 21, 2008
    Intelligent writing; good acting; not a simple plot but fun to see what writers can do with juggling the subplots.
  82. ZinH.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Actors are good, and the problems are funny. The way they make the bodies look makes me laugh.
  83. Susie
    Oct 13, 2007
    Funny and fresh and totally charming! I'm definitely hooked.
  84. BenS.
    Nov 13, 2007
    This is the most unique show on TV right now. 'Pushing Daisies' rejects the current trend of attempting to replicate reality, portraying its characters, sets and plots in a fantastic manner usually reserved for children's stories. The result is indeed a fantastic, brightly coloured world in which one cannot help but dive into wholeheartedly.
  85. TalL.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Good stuff. Different. Could become interesting.
  86. joshuak.
    Oct 10, 2007
    well as much as i enjoy this show i cant see it lasting. first the good points. This show is great when it comes to creativity, imagination, story and style. A small problem is the narrator who gives exact ages like 9 years, 3 months, 42 days, 6 minutes and 3 seconds. it gets old. More importantly is i cant see this series staying fresh as there simply isnt enough time in television to well as much as i enjoy this show i cant see it lasting. first the good points. This show is great when it comes to creativity, imagination, story and style. A small problem is the narrator who gives exact ages like 9 years, 3 months, 42 days, 6 minutes and 3 seconds. it gets old. More importantly is i cant see this series staying fresh as there simply isnt enough time in television to make each story as good as the next. I did enjoy the first six episodes though and will continue watching. Expand
  87. Drlouise
    Nov 20, 2007
    I really like this show.. Truly makes my heart pop, but with all fairy tails they must come to a conclusion or it gets boring. There isn't anything but the love to bring me back.. Unfortunately, If they don't get together by the end of the season I will not be watching next year...
  88. JohnB.
    Oct 15, 2007
    A fun bit of whimsy and who knew that Kristen Chenoweth could sing like that!
  89. PatrickD
    Oct 15, 2007
    It's very mannered in the vein of Wes Anderson which means there is quite a bit of shallowness. It's a cute show, but let's see if it lasts.
  90. JonathanF.
    Oct 4, 2007
    I really enjoyed it. It's so delightfully different than anything else on TV it hardly feels like a television show.
  91. LizM
    Jul 24, 2008
    WOW! I love it. I can't speak for everyone, but in my opinion, you have to be a whimsical person to get into this whimsical show. It really screams musical theatre and Big Fish cross over to me. But that's just me. I can see it lasting a few seasons, but most likely not a long-running show, as the whole I'm alive for a minute then I'm dead thing, and the whole Ned and WOW! I love it. I can't speak for everyone, but in my opinion, you have to be a whimsical person to get into this whimsical show. It really screams musical theatre and Big Fish cross over to me. But that's just me. I can see it lasting a few seasons, but most likely not a long-running show, as the whole I'm alive for a minute then I'm dead thing, and the whole Ned and Chuck are in love but can't touch thing, will make people turn away eventually. Plus, Olive needs more singing time. I need some of Kristin kickass opera! But I can say that I have very much so enjoyed it thus far and am looking forward to next season! Expand
  92. EmilyW
    May 31, 2008
    It's fun, and original, and whatever. There are lots of highlights and little jokes that make it worth watching, though it tries so hard to be quirky that in some cases it's just plain hard to watch the tweeness unfold. Love interest Chuck is repulsive, annoying, needy, and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever--and she goes by CHUCK. Upchuck is more like it; all she does is It's fun, and original, and whatever. There are lots of highlights and little jokes that make it worth watching, though it tries so hard to be quirky that in some cases it's just plain hard to watch the tweeness unfold. Love interest Chuck is repulsive, annoying, needy, and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever--and she goes by CHUCK. Upchuck is more like it; all she does is cause problems, act selfish, and have absolutely no regard for anyone but herself. Expand
  93. Nov 5, 2010
    Pretty good, the characters and story are interesting, and the overall feel of the show is quite charming. The narrator is extremely obnoxious though, as he talks WAY too much.
  94. KaylaC.
    Jan 4, 2008
    A unique show with an interesting concept, but the actual storyline is a bit dull and predictable. I like the cast of characters though. Hopefully the plot will become more in-depth in the future because this show has the potential to be really great.
  95. NatalieO.
    Oct 8, 2007
    I am hoping this show will get better, but it has promise
  96. PeterJ.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Love this show, although mostly for the special effects and picture quality more so than the actually plot, which isn't bad.
  97. JaneK.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Charming characters and a beautiful style make this an enjoyable show. However, it is crushed to death under the narration! It over-narrates... it talks over the plot, and it explains things that don't need explaining... let the actors act, they can pull it off without a narrator telling us every detail of their internal monologues. With such simplistic plots, the device of narration Charming characters and a beautiful style make this an enjoyable show. However, it is crushed to death under the narration! It over-narrates... it talks over the plot, and it explains things that don't need explaining... let the actors act, they can pull it off without a narrator telling us every detail of their internal monologues. With such simplistic plots, the device of narration serves no purpose whatsoever. It's like pouring sprinkles on top of a wedding cake. Expand
  98. JohnC.
    Oct 5, 2007
    Kind of clever, but that insipid music (Desperate Housewives cranked up to 11) is a killer. I don't need to be hammered over the head to know that I'm experiencing a bit of whimsy. I actually got that same kind of headache that comes along with a Michael Bay flick. This thunderously empty overload is okay once or twice, but over an entire season? No thanks.
  99. Flor
    Oct 9, 2007
    I was disappointed. Visually it looks pretty nice, but the acting is terrible and the writing is...eh. A cheaper imitation of Tim Burton stuff. I also noticed similarities to the movie Amelie...they even used a few songs off that soundtrack. Oh well, the show's still different from whatever else is avaliable on tv. HOPEFULLY it'll improve.
  100. MartinS.
    Nov 28, 2007
    It's well written but not particularly interesting. I smell cancellation.

It's a whimsical, romantically inventive and darkly funny pop-up hour about a man (Lee Pace) whose touch can bring the dead back to life (but also, yikes, vice versa).
  2. The hour balances its caper-cartoon and ghoulish sensibilities with a crisp pace and well-cast leads.
  3. As charming as all that is amid the macabre, Pushing Daisies is a show that only a grown-up can fully enjoy.