• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 3, 2007
Season #: 1, 2
8.2

1. Dec 21, 2013
    What a creative way of keeping up the emotional tension between the two main characters love interest, they can never touch. Really breaking new ground with the concept and the entire logic of the universe defines this universe.
  2. Nov 29, 2012
    Are people kidding? This show was great - BEAUTIFUL to look at, lovely and whimsical, clever, fresh, and heartwarming. A great cast and unique plot really rounded it out - I guess it just wasn't for everyone. If you are into something a little different, as well as some heart and mystery, this was a great place to look!
  3. Nov 7, 2011
    My first word to describe this series, Eccentric. But because of its convictions, consistency, and A+ quality I choose my second word to be, Adoration! The unique style and colorful characters are perfectly accompanied by the fanciful use of alliteration. I was sad when this show got canned as it had so much potential. The detective who knits, the Pie Maker with the dead girlfriend whoMy first word to describe this series, Eccentric. But because of its convictions, consistency, and A+ quality I choose my second word to be, Adoration! The unique style and colorful characters are perfectly accompanied by the fanciful use of alliteration. I was sad when this show got canned as it had so much potential. The detective who knits, the Pie Maker with the dead girlfriend who he can never touch... and that's only the beginning. Yes it suffered from some poor weaving of over arching concepts into the grand story (monster of the week syndrome) but really? It was a gorgeous canvas that could have become amazing.

To the haters? Yes its not completely original, but something doesn't have to be in order to be entertaining. I understand that the style isn't for everyone and having unique characters that have their own particular quirks is annoying (wait, no it isn't). Honestly, the show is eccentric. I get that, but I LAMENT you if you rave about shows like Two and a Half Men and hate this show.

To the lovers? Wee! :D
  4. LOB
    Jul 18, 2011
    Smart writing, a good score, and great performances from the main cast make this show one of my favorites. Overall the characters are more interesting then the episodic plots. And each of the mains grow and change by the end of the series. The atmosphere and music are also spectacular. As the series was cancelled after only 2 seasons, Some of the fans were left begging for more, but youSmart writing, a good score, and great performances from the main cast make this show one of my favorites. Overall the characters are more interesting then the episodic plots. And each of the mains grow and change by the end of the series. The atmosphere and music are also spectacular. As the series was cancelled after only 2 seasons, Some of the fans were left begging for more, but you can finish the series feeling satisfied. Expand
  5. Nov 26, 2010
    What if you had the power to bring the dead back life, what would you do with said power and how would you use it? Would you use it to help people or would you just lock yourself away afraid of a lasting human connection. A young man named Ned (Lee Pace in a phenomenal performance) knows this better than anyone does, you see Ned has a special gift with one touch the young pie maker canWhat if you had the power to bring the dead back life, what would you do with said power and how would you use it? Would you use it to help people or would you just lock yourself away afraid of a lasting human connection. A young man named Ned (Lee Pace in a phenomenal performance) knows this better than anyone does, you see Ned has a special gift with one touch the young pie maker can touch the dead and bring it back to life. Ned has lived a life of solitude as his power has some side effects you see although the pie maker can bring things back to life however, by doing so something of equal life must be took in its place to survive. Therefore, the pie maker has locked himself away in his oddly named pie shop "The Pie Hole" making the pies his mother loved so much. One day a snarky private investigator named Emerson Cod discovers his secret and purposes a deal with the pie maker help him wake the dead to find out who killed and they collect the reward money and split it evenly and by doing so Emerson Cod keeps the pie maker's secret from the rest of the world. After a personal tragedy, the pie makerâ Expand
  6. Nov 5, 2010
    Pretty good, the characters and story are interesting, and the overall feel of the show is quite charming. The narrator is extremely obnoxious though, as he talks WAY too much.
  7. Nov 1, 2010
    This show is mind-numbingly boring. The concept is fantastic and the writers and narrator outright ruined a potentially brilliant idea. The narrator explains things as though speaking to a two year old and does so in excessive detail. The characters are two-dimensional and even within such restrictive bounds they're character and story-line don't match up. For example, a girl gets broughtThis show is mind-numbingly boring. The concept is fantastic and the writers and narrator outright ruined a potentially brilliant idea. The narrator explains things as though speaking to a two year old and does so in excessive detail. The characters are two-dimensional and even within such restrictive bounds they're character and story-line don't match up. For example, a girl gets brought back from the dead. She's pushy, 'in-you-face' annoying and does whatever she wants, whenever she wants, irrespective of others. Her background story is as a stay at home 'nurse-maid' to her two Aunts, doing what she was told and being a polite little 'good-girl'. Her only transition was leaving home to get a job where she did what she was told and died in the process. Huh? The writers must have been asleep. The only way one could possibly know the actors are good is if they've seen them in something else because in Pushing Daisies they have precious little to work with, including lines. For the most part the narrator stole them.

How this show managed to get past the pilot episode is a miracle that may only be explained by the good reputation of 'Dead Like Me'. My advice, give this one a miss.
  8. zackm
    Jan 2, 2010
    this is one of the most original shows i've seen in years. it is creative and well acted with a nice to it. it's truely regretableit got cancelled
  9. EnyaB
    Jul 31, 2009
    When I saw that this show was written by the same person as "Dead Like Me" I thought it had great potential. I've watched the first season and one episode of the second season (all mostly against my will, although I hope for improvement wish each episode) and there's nothing that attaches me to this show. The characters are shallow, although the acting is superb and the colors When I saw that this show was written by the same person as "Dead Like Me" I thought it had great potential. I've watched the first season and one episode of the second season (all mostly against my will, although I hope for improvement wish each episode) and there's nothing that attaches me to this show. The characters are shallow, although the acting is superb and the colors are entertaining. The narration is super, super annoying... the whole point of film and TV is for us to see the story acted out, not be told. Most of the time I could get what was going on without the narrator having to briskly gab it to me. I saw so much potential in this show that was ruined by the narration.. we were told things that could have been acted out and made the show that much better (for example, when Chuck was told by Ned that he killed her father.. except that never happened; the narrator told us it happened and then we see Ned out searching for a missing Chuck). There was far too much silliness and not enough seriousness mixed into the fray. The storyline and plot were weak and I found myself guessing the end of nearly every episode, or losing interest altogether, about halfway through the show. Expand
  10. ethane
    Jun 15, 2009
    Why, why WHY did they take this show off of TV?!? It's such an amazing show. It's really unique in many ways, and it's actually cheery. It makes me smile, and I don't feel angst-y after watching it, like many TV dramas. It's upbeat and "refreshing", as I've heard many people put it. It even had good ratings! So why isn't it still on TV??? I can't Why, why WHY did they take this show off of TV?!? It's such an amazing show. It's really unique in many ways, and it's actually cheery. It makes me smile, and I don't feel angst-y after watching it, like many TV dramas. It's upbeat and "refreshing", as I've heard many people put it. It even had good ratings! So why isn't it still on TV??? I can't even get season 2 on DVD! Expand
  11. LincLink
    Dec 20, 2008
    This is my favorite show ever...and I'm 44 years old. It is a pity that ABC is giving it the axe. Hopefully some other network will pick it up. Blessings!
  12. GiaT
    Nov 13, 2008
    I love this show! It's not only funny, but so very beautiful to look at... I really do hope ABC opts to keep it.
  13. ThomasB
    Oct 21, 2008
    Intelligent writing; good acting; not a simple plot but fun to see what writers can do with juggling the subplots.
  14. LeathT
    Sep 15, 2008
    Fantastic. Too bad the first season ended so abruptly. I look forward to Season 2 and October 1st.
  15. AdamA
    Sep 9, 2008
    Probably my favorite show ever. Beautifully written, wonderfully performed, and tactfully directed. It all comes together like some perfect storybook tale. I have not a single complaint against the show.
  16. PaulW
    Aug 25, 2008
    Dreadfully dull show with lame attempts at humor which' general flamboyance seemed to be directly ripped off of the movie Amelie. The same blue light cinematography and the same annoying narration, the sets were kindly borrowed too. The score is a rip off of the more familliar Tim Burton films and the entire premise pinched from the already done to death mockeries such as the tv Dreadfully dull show with lame attempts at humor which' general flamboyance seemed to be directly ripped off of the movie Amelie. The same blue light cinematography and the same annoying narration, the sets were kindly borrowed too. The score is a rip off of the more familliar Tim Burton films and the entire premise pinched from the already done to death mockeries such as the tv series Heroes. (We don't need another hero). I barely made it through the pilot. Expand
  17. AndyP
    Aug 17, 2008
    This is a beautiful show. Anna Friel and Lee Pace's chemistry beats everyone else on tv
  18. LizM
    Jul 24, 2008
    WOW! I love it. I can't speak for everyone, but in my opinion, you have to be a whimsical person to get into this whimsical show. It really screams musical theatre and Big Fish cross over to me. But that's just me. I can see it lasting a few seasons, but most likely not a long-running show, as the whole I'm alive for a minute then I'm dead thing, and the whole Ned and WOW! I love it. I can't speak for everyone, but in my opinion, you have to be a whimsical person to get into this whimsical show. It really screams musical theatre and Big Fish cross over to me. But that's just me. I can see it lasting a few seasons, but most likely not a long-running show, as the whole I'm alive for a minute then I'm dead thing, and the whole Ned and Chuck are in love but can't touch thing, will make people turn away eventually. Plus, Olive needs more singing time. I need some of Kristin kickass opera! But I can say that I have very much so enjoyed it thus far and am looking forward to next season! Expand
  19. EmilyW
    May 31, 2008
    It's fun, and original, and whatever. There are lots of highlights and little jokes that make it worth watching, though it tries so hard to be quirky that in some cases it's just plain hard to watch the tweeness unfold. Love interest Chuck is repulsive, annoying, needy, and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever--and she goes by CHUCK. Upchuck is more like it; all she does is It's fun, and original, and whatever. There are lots of highlights and little jokes that make it worth watching, though it tries so hard to be quirky that in some cases it's just plain hard to watch the tweeness unfold. Love interest Chuck is repulsive, annoying, needy, and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever--and she goes by CHUCK. Upchuck is more like it; all she does is cause problems, act selfish, and have absolutely no regard for anyone but herself. Expand
  20. EvelynD
    Mar 29, 2008
    Why?? This is a epic fail. of epic porporshuns. Waaay to british (not that theres anything wrong the brits) and corny. This belongs in the PBS Kids line up.
  21. ZinH.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Actors are good, and the problems are funny. The way they make the bodies look makes me laugh.
  22. RosalyndL
    Feb 29, 2008
    LOVE!! this show. I wish the writers, actors, and everyone else involved the best. Story lines are WINNERS! The delivery BRILLIANT! The cast really bring it! I'm always on the edge of my seat with my jaw dropped. I tape the show and find myself rewinding constantly. Thank you, thank you, thank you for Pushing Daisies.
  23. DonnaK
    Feb 26, 2008
    I love the writing, the acting, the staging and the cinematography. The entire concept and presentation is like a breath of fresh air...very artistic with a bit of childish mindbender. Thoroughly enjoyable.
  24. MatiasB
    Feb 19, 2008
    After watching two episodes I realized I could have downloaded something less idiotic and overacted.
  25. thecritic
    Feb 3, 2008
    Delightful set and actors, and not being afraid to be different, makes this show the best show on television.
  26. Tellies
    Jan 27, 2008
    I love this show. I think the writing is orginal and funny. Great casting. Art direction and costumes are just wonderful.
  27. linclink
    Jan 21, 2008
    Along with "The Office", "The Simpsons", and "30 Rock" it is one of my few watched shows. It is unique, creative, funny and touching. A beautiful show!!
  28. EricE
    Jan 18, 2008
    By far the BEST show of 2007! I can't get enough of this quirky show. It kind of reminds me of Tim Burton's stuff. A very unique take on a murder mystery show and I love it.
  29. KaylaC.
    Jan 4, 2008
    A unique show with an interesting concept, but the actual storyline is a bit dull and predictable. I like the cast of characters though. Hopefully the plot will become more in-depth in the future because this show has the potential to be really great.
  30. Earlr
    Dec 26, 2007
    one of the best shows to come along in years. The whole cast is perfect
  31. heatherk
    Dec 13, 2007
    A brilliant show, with a stellar cast, crisp writing, and engaging plots. Just wish it weren't on Wednesdays!
  32. JaneK.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Charming characters and a beautiful style make this an enjoyable show. However, it is crushed to death under the narration! It over-narrates... it talks over the plot, and it explains things that don't need explaining... let the actors act, they can pull it off without a narrator telling us every detail of their internal monologues. With such simplistic plots, the device of narration Charming characters and a beautiful style make this an enjoyable show. However, it is crushed to death under the narration! It over-narrates... it talks over the plot, and it explains things that don't need explaining... let the actors act, they can pull it off without a narrator telling us every detail of their internal monologues. With such simplistic plots, the device of narration serves no purpose whatsoever. It's like pouring sprinkles on top of a wedding cake. Expand
  33. CharlotteM.
    Nov 30, 2007
    This is my favorite new show in years. The creativity and use of Broadway actors combine to yield a delightful, quirky, and unpredictable gem of a show. Take a look - you'll love it.
  34. MartinS.
    Nov 28, 2007
    It's well written but not particularly interesting. I smell cancellation.
  35. Dejai
    Nov 26, 2007
    I truly think this is the type of show that could surpass the Emmy's and win Oscars. Every show makes my heart and body feel privileged to watch it.
  36. Drlouise
    Nov 20, 2007
    I really like this show.. Truly makes my heart pop, but with all fairy tails they must come to a conclusion or it gets boring. There isn't anything but the love to bring me back.. Unfortunately, If they don't get together by the end of the season I will not be watching next year...
  37. CandaceW.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Pushing Daisies is ingenious! I laugh beginning to end each episode. Jim Dale as the narrator is the icing on the cake. :)
  38. Jasmine
    Nov 19, 2007
    Love it! The most refreshing TV show on right now.
  39. AlejandroM.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Pushing Daisies contains everything what makes a perfect Show but in a new and refreshing package. Best new show this fall!!
  40. JosephG.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Much in a style that conjures up similarities between Amelie and Willie Wonka yet at the same time retaining enough normality to keep the viewer in the story. Its twist is its take on PI stories, and the main characters ability to bring the dead back to life with the touch of his hand. Fresh and Original, Pushing Daisies is a show that is highly promising and one to keep an eye on. In Much in a style that conjures up similarities between Amelie and Willie Wonka yet at the same time retaining enough normality to keep the viewer in the story. Its twist is its take on PI stories, and the main characters ability to bring the dead back to life with the touch of his hand. Fresh and Original, Pushing Daisies is a show that is highly promising and one to keep an eye on. In short, if you are looking for something different with good writing check this show out. Expand
  41. BenS.
    Nov 13, 2007
    This is the most unique show on TV right now. 'Pushing Daisies' rejects the current trend of attempting to replicate reality, portraying its characters, sets and plots in a fantastic manner usually reserved for children's stories. The result is indeed a fantastic, brightly coloured world in which one cannot help but dive into wholeheartedly.
  42. PeterJ.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Love this show, although mostly for the special effects and picture quality more so than the actually plot, which isn't bad.
  43. StevenS
    Nov 7, 2007
    Perhaps it would serve G. Fresh a great deal of good to go back to when he was 3 and receive the proper education desperately needed to understand outstanding wit. I'd really like to see Tim Burton do a guest spot behind the camera on this. Best new show of the year by far.
  44. Tonya
    Nov 5, 2007
    You have to like Big Fish, if you didn't or didn't even see it then you don't get Pushing Daisies. This is one of the best shows to come out in a long time. I actually make it a point to know when 8:00 Wednesday is.
  45. SteveH.
    Nov 5, 2007
    Reminds me of Wonderfalls. I still miss that show. As it turns out, the same person wrote both of them. The characters are attractive and witty. The scenes are lush. The story is a little goofy and farfetched. Then again, the whole premise is farfetched. The point, though, is that it is an adult fairy tale, where nothing has to be real. The colors, sounds, and wit along the journey is the Reminds me of Wonderfalls. I still miss that show. As it turns out, the same person wrote both of them. The characters are attractive and witty. The scenes are lush. The story is a little goofy and farfetched. Then again, the whole premise is farfetched. The point, though, is that it is an adult fairy tale, where nothing has to be real. The colors, sounds, and wit along the journey is the whole point -- not the plot's destination. The point of the story is the storytelling. Expand
  46. JamesG.
    Nov 3, 2007
    One of the few television shows I've ever seen that has drawn an actual emotional reaction. An incredible show...likely too good for it's own good, but we can all cross our fingers...
  47. Elizabeth
    Oct 30, 2007
    I think it's the best new show out there. The visual aspect, the acting and the witty writing make this show a true gem.
  48. jc
    Oct 25, 2007
    Absolutely love it! Really lifts your mood.
  49. G.Fresh
    Oct 25, 2007
    Different is not always better, and the proof is Pushing Daisies. Obviously there are a lot of talented people working on this show, save for the writers who deliver mind numbingly boring stories. If the show is going to get better, try writing storylines that are challenging for those over three years old.
  50. BobK
    Oct 25, 2007
    Acting is superb but the premise gets tired very quickly. Production values are high for a network. The narration needs to be scaled back and what passes for wit needs to be examined more closely. It's becoming annoying rather than witty. One major improvement, easily made, would be to make room for Kristin Chenoweth to sing. She's a Tony nominee for good reason and the one Acting is superb but the premise gets tired very quickly. Production values are high for a network. The narration needs to be scaled back and what passes for wit needs to be examined more closely. It's becoming annoying rather than witty. One major improvement, easily made, would be to make room for Kristin Chenoweth to sing. She's a Tony nominee for good reason and the one episode so far where her voice was featured was enjoyable just for that reason. And who knew that Lupin had such a pretty wife? Expand
  51. markb.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Pushing daises is a feast for the eyes, excellent cast ,and excellent story telling that should have us entertained and enchanted for years to come.
  52. am
    Oct 24, 2007
    Amazing show that manages to blend contradictory genres in a touching, visually brilliant way. The writing, directing, and acting are all fantastic. Best show to have graced the small-screen in a long time.
  53. adamg.
    Oct 23, 2007
    This show is above average, but it's not worthy of the praise it's receiving. The style of the show is creative and refreshing, but the substance of the episodes themselves bore me.
  54. MicheleS.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Love it!!! Favorite new show! It's different, funny, sad, interesting, amazing, can't get enough of it!! I haven't been this excited about a new show since The Office!
  55. JaneR
    Oct 21, 2007
    I love love love this show. The cast is amazing!!!
  56. GordonT.
    Oct 19, 2007
    This show makes an effort to be original and it is up to a point. You almost have to be brain dead to follow these stories Its a little better than Ugly Betty.
  57. JF
    Oct 19, 2007
    Maybe it's just me, but this show is like Tim Burton trying to do comedy. It isn't nearly as cute as it things it is and the whole AIDS-metaphor (they're in love but they can't touch, unless they're in full body condoms) seems really out of date. The narration is annoying beyond belief and everything seems to be a great idea in search of a show. It's already boring.
  58. DainaB.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Like 'Big Fish' for the small screen... the best new show of fall '07.
  59. NasisA.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Great show. Romantic and funny, and taking the time to intoduce the characters and make them lovable or relateable. Love the Amelie and Corpse Bride/Big Fish similarities.
  60. SallyV.
    Oct 17, 2007
    I love this show!
  61. JohnB.
    Oct 15, 2007
    A fun bit of whimsy and who knew that Kristen Chenoweth could sing like that!
  62. Gene
    Oct 15, 2007
    Watched it once, didn't like it. Gave it a second chance, had to turn it off after the first half.
  63. TheVegan
    Oct 15, 2007
    I saw the first 2 episodes and I just didn't enjoy it that much. First of all they stole the "coming back to life for one minute" premise from an episode of Torchwood. But that aside I just didn't find either of the first 2 episodes that compelling.
  64. PatrickD
    Oct 15, 2007
    It's very mannered in the vein of Wes Anderson which means there is quite a bit of shallowness. It's a cute show, but let's see if it lasts.
  65. Susie
    Oct 13, 2007
    Funny and fresh and totally charming! I'm definitely hooked.
  66. RaymondG
    Oct 13, 2007
    This is a brilliant fairy tale/comedy/mystery show that inspires memories of Tim Burton films, "Amelie," and Roald Dahl books like "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." It's created and written by Bryan Fuller, who did "Wonderfalls," and directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, who directed "Men in Black" and "The Addams Family" movies. Oh my God! It's the most brilliant, original, This is a brilliant fairy tale/comedy/mystery show that inspires memories of Tim Burton films, "Amelie," and Roald Dahl books like "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." It's created and written by Bryan Fuller, who did "Wonderfalls," and directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, who directed "Men in Black" and "The Addams Family" movies. Oh my God! It's the most brilliant, original, whimsical, delightful, romantic, sweet, and enchanting new TV show I've ever seen! I had to keep slapping myself to remind me that I was watching TV---not a brilliant movie like "Edward Scissorhands," "The Nightmare Before Christmas," or "Amelie." It stars Lee Pace, a Julliard-trained guy who was brilliant and heartbreaking playing a transgendered woman singer in "Soldier's Girl." I also liked him in Matt Damon's "The Good Shepherd." You must not miss this show! Expand
  67. me
    Oct 12, 2007
    love it! not as wonderful as wonderfalls was, but brings the same kind of immense joy that i wouldn't think a television show would be capable of. i just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as wonderfalls. and i am really glad to see lee pace in this he was one of the best parts of wonderfalls.
  68. DZ
    Oct 12, 2007
    Visually, a glorious feast...Conceptually, extremely fresh.... Reminds me very much of the brilliant beginning of my favorite movie: "Amelie", but unlike that movie, Daisies' narration continues throughout each episode and sometimes trips up the story's momentum. Still, it's a gem. And I predict nationwide pie sales will go up.
  69. Patrick
    Oct 12, 2007
    Maybe the best pilot I've seen in a while, and the multi-faceted nature of the show is incredible. It masquerades as a quaint dramedy, but it's far more murder-mystery and sci-fi based than the previews let on. The characters are intriguing, the narrative is both insightful and humorous, and the story lines flow very easily.
  70. JP
    Oct 12, 2007
    This is show is fun and quirky. People who dont like this show dont because they watch all the CSI clones and L&O clones. This is a truly original show that is perfectly casted. Good to see Chi Mcbride back on TV. Fantastic
  71. Dy
    Oct 11, 2007
    Delightfully original and perky in a macabre sort of way. I loved it!
  72. CraigB
    Oct 11, 2007
    Best new show of the season.
  73. zancam
    brilliant, tim burton-esque
  74. TK
    Oct 11, 2007
    I can't believe this is getting such high marks. It's awful. What an idiotic premise. I watched the first 30 minutes and had to change the channel. Silly, pretentious and schmaltzy...
  75. Mist
    Oct 11, 2007
    Simply amazing. I love it.
  76. DougS.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Easily the best show of the new season.
  77. JoeZ
    Oct 10, 2007
    By far one of the most engaging and entertaining shows of the past few years (deserves to be paired with Ugly Betty if only to extend both shows rich use of color) I rarely say this but people who don't like this show need their head examined...and need to be weaned off of Beauty and the Geek.
  78. joshuak.
    Oct 10, 2007
    well as much as i enjoy this show i cant see it lasting. first the good points. This show is great when it comes to creativity, imagination, story and style. A small problem is the narrator who gives exact ages like 9 years, 3 months, 42 days, 6 minutes and 3 seconds. it gets old. More importantly is i cant see this series staying fresh as there simply isnt enough time in television to well as much as i enjoy this show i cant see it lasting. first the good points. This show is great when it comes to creativity, imagination, story and style. A small problem is the narrator who gives exact ages like 9 years, 3 months, 42 days, 6 minutes and 3 seconds. it gets old. More importantly is i cant see this series staying fresh as there simply isnt enough time in television to make each story as good as the next. I did enjoy the first six episodes though and will continue watching. Expand
  79. Mike.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Apparently it's the thing now for the narrator to be excessively annoying. The narrator feels the need to introduce every single character with their age in years, months, days, and hours. This is nothing short of painfully annoying. Meanwhile the music is nearly a half hour of non-ceasing flowery strings, which is enough to give me a headache. This show is much better in concept Apparently it's the thing now for the narrator to be excessively annoying. The narrator feels the need to introduce every single character with their age in years, months, days, and hours. This is nothing short of painfully annoying. Meanwhile the music is nearly a half hour of non-ceasing flowery strings, which is enough to give me a headache. This show is much better in concept than it is in post-production execution. Expand
  80. Jen
    Oct 10, 2007
    How refreshingly unique this show is. From start to finish, it's got me hooked already.
  81. Jake
    Oct 10, 2007
    Although not perfect, the pilot for Pushing Daisies was interesting and enjoyable. It was one of the few pilots that made me want to watch again next week. It reminds me a lot of Big Fish, and is what I like to call an "indicator show". Meaning, that like certain other tv shows, movies, and books, whether or not you like and/or "get" the show is an indicator of your level of intellectual Although not perfect, the pilot for Pushing Daisies was interesting and enjoyable. It was one of the few pilots that made me want to watch again next week. It reminds me a lot of Big Fish, and is what I like to call an "indicator show". Meaning, that like certain other tv shows, movies, and books, whether or not you like and/or "get" the show is an indicator of your level of intellectual sophistication and/or emotional maturity. If you don't "get" the show, you probably are either not that bright, or perhaps you are bright, but not very emotionally developed. So, for those of you who are somewhat intellectually sophisticated and emotionally mature, try this show out. Expand
  82. LyndaIvey
    Oct 10, 2007
    Big fat 0. Tries way too hard.
  83. PeteS.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Okay, but just does not do it for me. Premise is so unbelievable. I prefer Caveman!!!
  84. AndrewK
    Oct 10, 2007
    I didn't last the first 20 minutes. I guess the magic kicked in after that -- but the visuals are impressive. Is anybody else uncomfortable with deboning death to that degree?
  85. Striver
    Oct 10, 2007
    Definitely for Tim Burton fans (and I'm one of them). Great cast, cleverly mordant writing, fun art design.
  86. Flor
    Oct 9, 2007
    I was disappointed. Visually it looks pretty nice, but the acting is terrible and the writing is...eh. A cheaper imitation of Tim Burton stuff. I also noticed similarities to the movie Amelie...they even used a few songs off that soundtrack. Oh well, the show's still different from whatever else is avaliable on tv. HOPEFULLY it'll improve.
  87. CalebC.
    Oct 9, 2007
    The Best Pilot so far this year.
  88. DrewF
    Oct 9, 2007
    Wonderful pilot episode. If it maintains that pace and magic, then this will easily be the best new show of the season.
  89. NatalieO.
    Oct 8, 2007
    I am hoping this show will get better, but it has promise
  90. TimH.
    Oct 8, 2007
    This show would be great but for the absolutely dreadful soundtrack and voice over. It makes the show unwatchable! After seeing the reviews I was looking forward to this one but it's simply dreadful!
  91. harv
    Oct 8, 2007
    Exactly 5 minutes 2 seconds and 3 milliseconds into the show I found myself hating the show violently. I also violently hated it. (This is the type of writing which passes for wit on the show).
  92. Sharon
    Oct 7, 2007
    A really dumb show masquerading as a really smart show.
  93. Ann
    Yecccch.
  94. BrentR
    Oct 7, 2007
    Terrific, best new show of the year. I loved the look and style. The actors are great. I hope this one lasts. Brilliant.
  95. Len
    Oct 6, 2007
    Truly horrible. Pretentious, witless dialogue and a depressing story.A real downer and subtle as an anvil.
  96. AttilaB.
    Oct 6, 2007
    I Love it! Remembers me on Lemony Snicket a bit. Thanks for this show! Please don't cancel it!
  97. AllanM.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Fantastic premise. The actors portrayals are great. The only thing holding me back from a 10 is sub par writing....though with the stunning visuals and artistic vision with cinematography a 9 is more than well deserved
  98. JW
    Oct 6, 2007
    While we are only an episode in, one thing can be said for sure: If you have enjoyed the past collaborations of Tim Burton and Danny Elfman, you will love this show. While neither is actually involved here, it brings their ideas and style to the small screen in picture-perfect fashion.
  99. Scott
    Oct 5, 2007
    I loved the pilot! We'll have to wait to see if this level of quality can be maintained.
  100. DuyTran
    Oct 5, 2007
    A colorful, romantic fairy tale.

It's a whimsical, romantically inventive and darkly funny pop-up hour about a man (Lee Pace) whose touch can bring the dead back to life (but also, yikes, vice versa).
  2. The hour balances its caper-cartoon and ghoulish sensibilities with a crisp pace and well-cast leads.
  3. As charming as all that is amid the macabre, Pushing Daisies is a show that only a grown-up can fully enjoy.