• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 3, 2000
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.7

1. May 20, 2012
    If you don't like this show, it doesn't mean you're a homophobe, it just means you don't have a thing for cheesy, cheap looking direction and wooden acting - And who does?
  2. Ed_
    Dec 7, 2014
    Best LGBT TV show ever.

Great actors and their characters are amusing. You won't be bored, there's always something to resolve, just like in real life. There's everything in this show you want to get: emotions, fun, sex, question of self-confidence and social problems. I can only praise the directors and actors. Good job! I would have watched even more seasons. For me, obviously 5
    Best LGBT TV show ever.

I can only praise the directors and actors. Good job! I would have watched even more seasons. For me, obviously 5 season weren't enough.

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Patner
    Feb 13, 2014
    It's not about politics, and it's not (only) about gag lines. It's a mostly honest attempt to explore the human condition through a subculture where sex is upfront and serves as lens and entree into other issues of love, death, friendship and life itself. [30 Nov 2000, p.43]
  2. Reviewed by: Monica Collins
    Feb 13, 2014
    What I kept looking for in Queer As Folk was a transcendent story line or sex-neutral message to lift this drama higher than the sum of its body parts. I couldn't find that deep thread of meaning...There are shreds of stories but, basically, it all comes back around to men bumping like bunnies - or wanting to bump like bunnies, or talking about bumping like bunnies.[30 Nov 2000, p.47]
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Feb 13, 2014
    Divorced from a believable social context, Queer too often plays like a voyeuristic tour of gay life that's only interested in the most outrageous sights. It doesn't have to provide an insight into every gay person, but it does have to paint a more believable portrait of these people, which means anchoring them in a real place and expanding their lives beyond sexual encounters. [1 Dec 2000, p.15E]