• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.0

1. Mar 6, 2012
    Truly lame show. There is nothing even remotely funny about this show... unless you like stupid, make that really stupid, type of humor. Waste of a good cast.
  2. Sep 22, 2010
    You'd think that in the 21st century, we could create a show with some decent dialogue and a story line not written by a group of 3rd graders. The entire show is based on a false premise that it's a comedy full of surprises. The story is flat and predictable. It revolves around a single father who is forced to grow up without the help from his parents, who are also idiots. And the worst part about bringing a baby into the first episode is that the producers will be unable to bring one in later to boost ratings. Expand
  3. Oct 4, 2010
    I love this show! I don't think it is getting as much publicity and attention as it should. I loved My Name is Earl, so I decided to watch Raising Hope and I fell in love. This dysfunctional family makes me smile and laugh out loud! The characters and actors are amazing. I have recommended this to a lot of people because of the relentless humor, and everyone has agreed and loved it. I hope I can some how help this show stay on the air! I give it a 10! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Heather Havrilesky
    Oct 22, 2010
    Martha Plimpton and Garret Dillahunt as the dumb dad's parents really make this one impossible to ignore completely. And even though we've already got "Oh no the ugly chick likes me" jokes and "You're right, the baby's limbs could get amputated this way" jokes and other material that might make you smile but never laugh, there's also a slightly disturbed tone here that's hard to match on sitcoms about yuppies having bad hair days.
  2. The show's astringent tone, its excursions into low comedy--scenes like the one where everybody trying to diaper the baby ends up throwing up on her, and similarly stomach-churning fun--all work to counter the sentimentality of themes like this one. They work only in part here, and in this case that's all to the good. The show is meant to be a comedy, and it is--a smart and witty one--but there's no missing, either, under all that grotesquerie, its hard-core sweetness.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    There are at least the slivers of promise that the show could get better. Neff is amiably charming, Dillahunt and Plimpton give their characters a realism that belies the pilot's often-contemptuous jokes, and maybe 20% of the first episode shows a sweet-heartedness that rises above the easy white-trash humor.