Random 1 : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Nov 1, 2005
8.8

1. graphicschik
    Sep 18, 2006
    Best "REAL" Show Ever!!!!! Why did A&E cancel this and leave stupid shows like "Dog the bounty hunter" instead???? Random 1 was and is the best show I've seen in a long time....I was an A&E fan until you pulled Random 1.
  2. Troym
    Feb 27, 2006
    This is the best show on television, period. Anyone who thinks otherwise is missing the point. Assuming it's real (which it looks like it is), I'd much rather see normal, abnormal, white, black, poor, not-so-poor, common everyday folks get the benefit of help in their lives without having to be a "contestant" or have their story approved by some corporate interest i.e. Sears, This is the best show on television, period. Anyone who thinks otherwise is missing the point. Assuming it's real (which it looks like it is), I'd much rather see normal, abnormal, white, black, poor, not-so-poor, common everyday folks get the benefit of help in their lives without having to be a "contestant" or have their story approved by some corporate interest i.e. Sears, ABC et al. T.V. is for US! We watch it, buy the stuff it sells us, and (unfortunately) follow it blindly when it tells us what's going on in the world (weapons of mass destruction, anyone???). When I watch this show, in some small but significant way, I feel like the viewer does matter. We are all people, after all. Collapse
  3. JAYM
    Feb 24, 2006
    A real show with real people helping real people,what a concept.A breath of fresh air with all the crap on air.I look foreward to a new season.
  4. LoisB
    Jan 29, 2006
    This is a wonderful show that touches my heart and softens me to others in a world that doesn't value kindness or helping others. It is a miracle it ever got on TV.I heard about it from word of mouth and will help to spread the word. What a breath of fresh air!
  5. SherylL
    Jan 29, 2006
    Are you kidding me? I missed at least one episode due to a change of nights but, luckily, caught it and taped it at midnight! This is, finally, a show that "pays it forward" and I, for one, applaude it 100% Puleeeease don't pull it! It's not always positive but it's not for the lack of the team's efforts! And, let's face it, life isn't always positive but it Are you kidding me? I missed at least one episode due to a change of nights but, luckily, caught it and taped it at midnight! This is, finally, a show that "pays it forward" and I, for one, applaude it 100% Puleeeease don't pull it! It's not always positive but it's not for the lack of the team's efforts! And, let's face it, life isn't always positive but it only takes a couple of great outcomes to keep me coming back for more! Expand
  6. scottm
    Jan 23, 2006
    this show fills my heart with joy,every once and while you need a leg up.
  7. FilmGuy
    Jan 18, 2006
    This show is what reality TV is supposed to be. It's real, not manufactured, not prize patrol or makeovers. This is TRUE documentary - unplanned and raw. The American public is used to high production value faux reality with actors and professional "hosts". People like Mr. Pringle Fringle are the reason why a show like this is needed - To change the expectations (and hopefully This show is what reality TV is supposed to be. It's real, not manufactured, not prize patrol or makeovers. This is TRUE documentary - unplanned and raw. The American public is used to high production value faux reality with actors and professional "hosts". People like Mr. Pringle Fringle are the reason why a show like this is needed - To change the expectations (and hopefully attitudes) of the viewing public. I would suggest one of those shows where people eat bugs or have to loose weight to win prizes for people who think this show isn't genuine. Expand
  8. JanetH
    Dec 24, 2005
    I had never seen this show before but it happened to come on after another show I was watching so I watched it. I loved the show and found it very heartwarming. I would love to see more shows like this!
  9. WillH
    Dec 1, 2005
    A wonderful show full of heart and spirit, as well as nuance, challenges and reality that accompany all tasks in life. This is a superb program, the best I have seen in ages. Three cheers to A&E. I hope it continues to grace the airwaves for years to come.
  10. maryt
    Nov 28, 2005
    A&E should run Random 1 all day Christmas Day. We need a dose of hope this Christmas. This is an excellent show. I was planning to cancel my cable subscription, but when I saw Random 1, I changed my mind.
  11. JoelH
    Nov 26, 2005
    I have seen every episode of this show and I can say that this show is by far one of the best on TV today! It is real and that is rare these days. They go out and simply try to help people. Why can't we all do this?
  12. MasonPringleFringle
    Nov 25, 2005
    Weak show that tries to fool us into believing that these two bozos and the RV team, which sucks even worse, care about humanity. They are usually disgusted with the lower class unless they can be used to make these so-called philanthropists look good. John is an asshat. Capella is a biatch.
  13. LisaF
    Nov 24, 2005
    Andre is adorable, I'd love to do a random act of kindness for him! When are you guys coming to Canada?
  14. charc
    Nov 23, 2005
    This is a good Reality show, especially for the Holidays! I would give the show a 10 if John would stop yelling at Andre!
  15. TommyP
    Nov 23, 2005
    I Am so proud i found this show. It is about time somebody put something on tv worth watching. Iwish i could do what random 1 does. thanks.
  16. TammyO
    Nov 22, 2005
    I have seen the first episode twice now and have cried both times - even before Bruce does! I was moved by the stories, and the power of being able to make a difference in someone's life. I think the approach to the show is honest - things don't always work out the way you plan, and everyone doesn't always get along. To edit that out would be a mistake, and would make the I have seen the first episode twice now and have cried both times - even before Bruce does! I was moved by the stories, and the power of being able to make a difference in someone's life. I think the approach to the show is honest - things don't always work out the way you plan, and everyone doesn't always get along. To edit that out would be a mistake, and would make the show too contrived. Expand
  17. HarryB
    Nov 22, 2005
    I thought the show was powerful and inspiring - I will be tuning in every Tuesday!
  18. kimc
    Nov 19, 2005
    Wonderful! Tv is all sex and money now....This is a great change and is an inspiration.....made me tear up lol must say I looked at my hubbie and said we should do that! But I will try in my life when I see a need......God is moving....One thing I found intresting was during the shows when they had problems not problems with people saying no to helping but simple stuff traffic, Wonderful! Tv is all sex and money now....This is a great change and is an inspiration.....made me tear up lol must say I looked at my hubbie and said we should do that! But I will try in my life when I see a need......God is moving....One thing I found intresting was during the shows when they had problems not problems with people saying no to helping but simple stuff traffic, doubt...other people trying to stop the proggression it made me giggle because as many may see its the devils way of trying to stop what is good! God speed to this and the team! Expand
  19. marym
    Nov 15, 2005
    This is the best show that I have seen in years. Three cheers for A&E!
  20. steved
    Nov 15, 2005
    Television shows have been trying to outdo each other for years. More
  21. jenniferc
    Nov 14, 2005
    I have never been so touched by a television show. I truely felt the joy come into the lives of the people they are helping. Thank you.
    Nov 9, 2005
    Hmm...two guys video-ing themselves running around doing good deeds. Like, "Hey, look at us! We're doing good deeds! On TV!" More than a bit disingenuous, quite a bit egotistical. Somebody here has a skeleton in a closet, looking to get back some good kharma...either that or a guest spot on Oprah. I wonder which one will get the movie deal and which one gets the book deal? I wonder Hmm...two guys video-ing themselves running around doing good deeds. Like, "Hey, look at us! We're doing good deeds! On TV!" More than a bit disingenuous, quite a bit egotistical. Somebody here has a skeleton in a closet, looking to get back some good kharma...either that or a guest spot on Oprah. I wonder which one will get the movie deal and which one gets the book deal? I wonder when the scandal will break? I like "My Name is Earl" better. At least it's honest about the fact that it's fiction. Those guys can come do me a favor...give me my hour back. Expand
  23. GracjanB
    Nov 9, 2005
    I peronally in my opinion this show was over exaggerated and i did not like it at all. This show will not be successful in the future in my opinion.
  24. robd
    Nov 9, 2005
    Unique, creative, unpredictable: what reality tv should have been years ago
  25. SusanM.
    Nov 9, 2005
    A truly good show. See it!
  26. ShannaD.
    Nov 8, 2005
    I believe this show is truly something wonderful. Even though it's not showing someone getting a new boob job w/ a new nose & teeth, or homes being torn down, it does however, show the human spirit, in the end, is always loving & compassionate. We all should try to mirror our own lives in just 1 Random Act of Kindess a Day.
  27. AlyK
    Nov 7, 2005
    I watched the first episode tonight and loved it! Very heartwarming, it brought me to tears.
  28. undisclosedundislosed
    Nov 6, 2005
    well for much poeple this show is good but it was the most boring thing in the world like why is this show being so helpful. where are they getting all this money from like the leg for 20 000 dollars and find a good job just like that.i didnt see a point in this show and i think its not very interesting.
  29. MaryD
    Nov 6, 2005
    i watched this show for the first time today and I have to say it was one of the best do good shows I've seen. ABC and other stations have ones as well, but this one - speechless. This show has made me rethink my life and what I can do to make a difference if just for one person.
  30. PeteJ
    Nov 5, 2005
    At first i was skeptical... but man there is a series wisdom behind what ever this thing is. It feels so real it's hard to believe they didn't set it up. I Tivo'd and we keep watching the bruce guy over and over. I'M a sucker for Coen brother style character stories. I'm giving random a chance!
  31. SandyD
    Nov 3, 2005
    finally a reality show worth viewing
  32. DavitoC
    Nov 3, 2005
    This is a good use of television. There is much that needs to be done for those who need help. It's rteal.
  33. JeffV
    Nov 3, 2005
    Finally, a show that attempts to help the ordinary person on the street without overdramatic music, self centered cast members, or extreme sensationalism. Extending a true helping hand to real people with real life situations chosen completely at random anywhere in America. I think it's a great idea and a great show.
  34. MB
    Nov 2, 2005
    Two chosen angels who give help to the over looked people of America. I love the show. It will have you reaching for the tissues every time. Keep up the good work boys. WE love you!
  35. EvL
    Nov 2, 2005
    A bit contrived but so much better than the "reality stuff" elsewhere. I wish it appeared more spontaneous
  36. JamesL
    Nov 2, 2005
    At last a show about real people trying to help other real people.
  37. MelodieC
    Nov 2, 2005
    I really liked this show...nothing manufactured...truly random....and they have been doing this long before the other kindness shows. I am not putting down the other shows mind you because any acts of kindness are wonderful. This just felt good and low key and real.
  38. daisyg
    makes you think!
  39. DeeleyC
    Nov 2, 2005
    These guy's do better than 3 wishes or home make over edition. They really pin point a person's happiness.
  40. LeeA
    Nov 1, 2005
    I found this to be blase', boring and not very compelling television. I can say this because I am a seasoned television producer who knows the difference between documentary/reality and contrived TV. While the whole premise of the show is a good one, the execution is poor and confusing. The open is not cohesive and is unclear, there is no real backstory about John and Andre and the I found this to be blase', boring and not very compelling television. I can say this because I am a seasoned television producer who knows the difference between documentary/reality and contrived TV. While the whole premise of the show is a good one, the execution is poor and confusing. The open is not cohesive and is unclear, there is no real backstory about John and Andre and the viewer is not drawn into these characters at all even by the end of a very long hour. The pacing is way off and the feigned movement of the truck and RV is non-existent. The intercutting of the stories doesn't work well either. And what's with the two trucks that are in the show, one old, one newer? Who cares if John and Andre squabble? Who are the people in the RV? Why not show failed attempts at helping people? Why is John crying before Bruce does? Why does Kim deserve to be helped when there are surely others more in need... like those who survived Katrina. Random 1 is a cross between the Pay It Forward concept in the movie and The Real World done with low production values by an obviously passionate, but inexperienced group of storytellers with good intentions. Good thing I'm not a cable executive because I'll tell you one thing, for almost $400,000 per episode, I would have expected much more on the screen. Expand
  41. mikeb
    loved it - very entertaining -
  42. AmyW
    Nov 1, 2005
    The premise for the show is brilliant. Altruism plays a very vital role in our society, but unfortunately there is not enough of it. Hopefully this show will inspire others.
  43. JimM
    Nov 1, 2005
    Full of heart without being cloying. The interplay between John and Andre is consistently entertaining and endearing. Well-edited and scored. Worth tuning in !
  44. candyd
    Nov 1, 2005
    finally a real realtiy show and great documentary

1. There's something a little bit annoying at the core of this reality travelogue that surrounds the means by which the ends are achieved.
  2. It's uplifting, but not hugely entertaining. After a while, I sort of think the show will feel tired; once you've seen one good deed done, you've seen them all.
    Ultimately, ''Random 1" is a portrait of the giving spirit in action, not a fantasy show about happy endings.